Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3rd party programs already in WoW Beta....

LuRaviLuRavi Member UncommonPosts: 239

Sheesh,

I just read a thread on the WoW Beta boards about some program called Cosmos.

I am not a beta tester, and Katricia posted about how some of the things might be incorporated into the game and some might not.

It has Autoloot, some form of Autocast.

There are beta testers who defend it?

The day of playing any game on a fair and balanced level of gameplay is gone. People quit UO because of 3rd party programs, I've read boards about Lineage2 and FFXI having same botters, and 3rd party program problems. It exists already in WoW beta. SO much for bothering to have an honest gameplay field where ever starts on the same level and has to do all the same work.

I am more frustrated with hacks, cheats, exploits, botters, and the peopel who run these games that do not do enough to defend its entirety as a "game"

Comments

• |MaguS||MaguS| Member Posts: 317

The reason there are currently bots in WoW is because Blizzard is allowing them to see what the community will create. They will allow ones that aid players but do not create an unbalance, they already said at retail they will ban many of the bots.

With that said... I think its fucking dumb allowing ANY bots into a game... If you want the community to create ease, allow them to make ingame macro's... not 3rd Party programs. This will deffenitly lead to unbalance and bot farming...

• DraciusDracius Member Posts: 379

I read that same thread about Cosmos and felt the same way. UNTIL I realized (and read) that they're just allowing people to run these kinds of programs now, so they'll know what to expect from players, and what to allow players. This is a brilliant idea, because this makes it easier for them to ban-stop-catch-block these types of hacks/3rd party programs once the game is retail by allowing it now.

Don't get everyone in a panic over this. Some Cosmos features will be banned, others incorporated into the game itself.

Hacks and 3rd party programs will NOT be allowed in any form at retail, they've stated this before. This is beta, they're testing, so they want ppl to push the limit.

Again, DO NOT PANIC, cause I know how you people like to freak out over little details. =P

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    With every post I lose just a little bit more of my sanity.

Peace,

Dracius

Dracius-Saberi-Static
    "With every post, I lose just a little bit more of my sanity." -Dracius

• AzzazzimonAzzazzimon Member UncommonPosts: 211

Blizzard using creative beta testers to help with improving the game, some of the features will probably impleted others will be made impossible to use.

Players will always find loopholes, it's alot better if they do it now instead of later in retail.

-------------------------
    Azzazzimon

-------------------------
    Azzazzimon

• magik_fxmagik_fx Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 278

I myself use Cosmos and its not really a big deal, it has a few little tricks as far as autocasting buffs, which if you were in beta would be fairly tired of the 3 min and 10 minute buffs that you have to cast on an entire party each time they drop. The other main feature is autoloot. Some mobs drop pages of vendor fodder and its nice to just get it all at once instead of paging through it all and clicking each item by itself. Most features will probably be included in future builds by blizzard anyways.

"Trenchcoats and guns go together like peanut butter and jelly"

• DrakolDrakol Member Posts: 56
    ya i agree do in game macros, but i honestly think its a bit early to be worrying about 3rd party programs, but thats just me. image

Drakol
    "you can't be right all the time. thats why i'm here."-Drakol

Drakol
    "you can't be right all the time. thats why i'm here."-Drakol

• RobbgobbRobbgobb Member UncommonPosts: 674

I went and read what Kat said in her post on the subject. She stated that some parts would be stopped, some incorporated, and some allowed. This worries me. I am worried now and hope that things are ok. I trust hackers to be able to use any little opening to find a way to get in. That is what I am worried about.

I might hate ninja looting or programs that make someones playing easier. I know a guy who got banned in UO because he was using a program to make his character chop on a tree while he was not playing. I just try to avoid those ppl. It might be fun to them and I am glad they are having fun. I just don't want to play with them. I know ppl who play pen and paper RPGs that want the biggest and best character. This means they want to be evil. I hated to play with them because I had to make sure my character was set to defend against the characters rather than adventuring. This is why I don't want to play with ppl who tell me that they are using programs that make the game easier to play. I like the fact I have to manage my character and can't just let things happen.

With all this I am just going to have to wait to see if I will get the game I have been waiting for since I heard it was being made. I remember my friends showing me the cheats for Diablo. I told them that it was cool but I did not enjoy trying them. I have heard ppl asking if the problems of Battlenet style players being in WoW. I can see that there will be if any outside programs are able to be run. I can also see hackers seeing what they can get in with programs being allowed.

I am just worried that this might make me too scared to try WoW. I have not decided because I will wait and see the verdict for the retail version.

• Pi--Pi-- Member Posts: 83
    When i tried the RYL open beta i noticed that when executing it, it loaded a litte anti-hack software to run in the background and prevent third-party operations. Blizzard might implement something similar into WoW, probably along with some basic macros available in-game for trading purposes and such.

-Pi

-Pi

• tephystephys Member Posts: 128

It's great that Blizzard is doing this but they had better crack down on bots or unbalancing 3rd party programs.

I would never play/pay a game that allows bots or cheaters. I was already disgusted by people who use second accounts as bots for their main like in DAOC and I've always hated mules in AC. It just kills the sense of community and fair play.

• ArchDracisArchDracis Member Posts: 2

People going to quit if there isnt 3rd party programs. You cant win either way. I think UO did fine with its programs they help the game and they tried to ban all the ones that were hack like.

I think if you get an auto loot one then its not a big deal. I mean its already painful enough 90% of the stuff you have to do in the game.

• ThriftThrift Member Posts: 1,783
    damn that's not good