Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the NGE

damicatzdamicatz Member Posts: 102
Foolish me for trying it again and spending all that time installing SWG.  I log in and this is what I am greeted to :

http://img62.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot0000xx6.jpg

Comments

• BaronJuJuBaronJuJu Member UncommonPosts: 1,832

You logged onto Bloodfin eh?

"If we don't attack them, they will attack us first. So we'd better retaliate before they have a chance to strike"

• DarthMaulUKDarthMaulUK Member Posts: 296
    Could be worse. In warcraft they are getting emails from Gold farmers! They do the rounds and after a while they get removed. But they keep coming up

get your 7 day FREE sub to SWTOR
    http://www.swtor.com/r/7DDKjQ

• dirtyd77dirtyd77 Member UncommonPosts: 383

Could be Bloodfin. Although last night there seemed to be competing farmers spamming there.  It was like a spam war for credit farmers. I rarely go to ME anymore but had to make a junk loot run outside of there last night.

I have to say that pisses me off. So far though every credit farmer I have reported they have removed with in an hour or so. Best thing to do is  /report  and submit a ticket.

That garbage really gets me pissed though.....

• IthurielIthuriel Member CommonPosts: 179
    Originally posted by DarthMaulUK

Could be worse. In warcraft they are getting emails from Gold farmers! They do the rounds and after a while they get removed. But they keep coming up
    I don't see how that's worse.  I can delete an email in 2 secs after seeing it's from a gold farmer.  I can download a mod (which I've done) that blocks tells from farmers.  I don't have to deal with lag and a general chat hurricane cause a group of morons are spamming about selling credits.
  • ownedyou1ownedyou1 Member Posts: 364
    Happens in every game, in WoW you login  and have had letters from about 10 farmers.
    Originally posted by dirtyd77

Could be Bloodfin. Although last night there seemed to be competing farmers spamming there.  It was like a spam war for credit farmers. I rarely go to ME anymore but had to make a junk loot run outside of there last night.
    I have to say that pisses me off. So far though every credit farmer I have reported they have removed with in an hour or so. Best thing to do is  /report  and submit a ticket.
    That garbage really gets me pissed though.....

Its Bloodfin....I recognize one of the players in the back. The spam does get old but its in every MMO out there.

"If we don't attack them, they will attack us first. So we'd better retaliate before they have a chance to strike"

• NevarionNevarion Member Posts: 274
    I count me to the happy minority who do not have to cope with that then. Anyway I'm amazed how people would possibly put up with that.
  • SuvrocSuvroc Member Posts: 2,383

I bet if you stood in front of the same starport spamming "pre-CU FTW!" you'd be delt with swiftly and without remorse 

Use ignore perhaps?
  • mindspatmindspat Member Posts: 1,367
    /addignore GoldFarmer
    Originally posted by Nevarion

I count me to the happy minority who do not have to cope with that then. Anyway I'm amazed how people would possibly put up with that.
    As was said before, its in almost evergame out there. I know I have seen it in EQ2, WOW, Ryzom, L2, and EVE just to name a few. Hell I was beta testing LOTRO and they even had spammers/gold farmers! There is no real escape from these scumbags.

Originally posted by mindspat

/addignore GoldFarmer
    Easier said than done. Put thoose two on there then you have two more pop up hours later under new names. I just switch to another chat channel to avoid it in whatever game I am playing.

Typeing ignore 4 times every few hours is so hard, right?
    Originally posted by ownedyou1

Typeing ignore 4 times every few hours is so hard, right?
    Never said it was, I just offered another way of avoiding it.

• ManmadegodManmadegod Member Posts: 501
    Simple fix, do not allow trial accounts off the station.

WoW is popular enough where they shouldn't allow trial accounts to whisper or send mail.

Always the option of not allowing trial accounts at all.. Would fix the problem entirely for both if they had to buy the game to keep advertising because they get stuck with a perma ban.
  • KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086
    Originally posted by Suvroc

I bet if you stood in front of the same starport spamming "pre-CU FTW!" you'd be delt with swiftly and without remorse 

LOL!  

I am more amazed that the goldfarmers are actually finding the buyers that make it truly worth it. Evidently there is money to be made with the Insta-Gratification crowd that makes up the majority of the target playerbase.

Maybe $OE is going easy on the farmers...ban them and half of the remaining playerbase is gone.

• Ransom73Ransom73 Member Posts: 227

Originally posted by damicatz
    Foolish me for trying it again and spending all that time installing SWG.  I log in and this is what I am greeted to : http://img62.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot0000xx6.jpg

Just logged in, eh?

That's a nicely set up toolbar for 'just logging in and taking a screenshot'. Got everything you need! How conveinient!

• damicatzdamicatz Member Posts: 102
    Originally posted by Ransom73

Foolish me for trying it again and spending all that time installing SWG.  I log in and this is what I am greeted to :

Just logged in, eh?

That's a nicely set up toolbar for 'just logging in and taking a screenshot'. Got everything you need! How conveinient!

The character in question was a Pre-NGE TKM/Swordsman that had not yet been converted to the NGE.  The toolbar was automatically set up by the conversion process and I had nothing to do with it. 
  • kaibigan34kaibigan34 Member Posts: 1,508
    Originally posted by Ransom73

Just logged in, eh?

Look at number 1 and 0. Then number 3 and -. Its an auto thing. He just switched to the jedi profession.

What I find more ironic is someone complaining about adverts in an MMO and hosts his proof on a site that gives me a pop up to medicine cheap and another to shoot the biplane and win a iPod when I click to view the image. Oh and there is a microshaft advert at the top of the pic and several more below.

Kai
  • shirlntshirlnt Member UncommonPosts: 351

How is gold farming worth anything in SWG?  Last time I played, loot or rewards provided practically everything a player needed...so what? housing that expensive in SWG now? or did they fix the whole crafters are useless because loots and rewards are better and cheaper?  Was going to make a comment about money being too easy to make but I thought "nah, that's the CU I'm thinking about" but Legacy is NGE and the toons I leveled using Legacy seemed to have plenty of creds between the rewards and selling the loot junk.

I had a hard time getting a million creds together and keeping it when I first started playing..'bout the time I got it, I'd buy resources, new armor or weapon, etc.  Different story in CU and NGE.

• irukandjiirukandji Member Posts: 253

I can honestly say I never saw a credit farmer when I played (pre NGE). It is weird this is a problem now.

"Hurray, finally a game where I can fulfill my lifelong dream of taking emotionally dead women and finding the most financially viable means to exploit their bodies with the ultimate goal of making them Hugh Hefner's personal furniture."

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    Originally posted by irukandji

I can honestly say I never saw a credit farmer when I played (pre NGE). It is weird this is a problem now.
    Due to the free trial allowing people off the station.

• hubertgrovehubertgrove Member Posts: 1,141

I agree. I regret to say that I have 'bought' credits/gold in almost every game I have ever played (yes, shame on me, please save the vilification for another thread), including EQ2 and WoW. I never bought credits in SWG becuase, pre-NGE, the game was so much fun that even earning money was a pleasure (I ended up as a Chef with an 80 million credit fortune in the days when that was a lot of money) that I spent mostly on decorating my Hall of Outrageous Treasures guarded by a line of hologramatic Imperial Guards and a live BE-d kimoglia. That cost a pretty penny I can tell you. 

• NGESUCKSNGESUCKS Member Posts: 153
    I cant figure out who i feel more sorry for? The person playing NGE or the person who has to find 1 person to sell the money to or the poor cambodian kid who has to play that pos 24/7 by himself farming money for a game that has 2 people on servers maybe lmao.And here i was thinking that SOE was in the red ROFL...

*Games on our site will be treated just as we treat people. Unsubstantiated comments about specific or general games will be penalized in nearly the same way attacks against people will. The exception is that you can say mean things about games provided you back it up with reasons.
    Example: "Game X sucks." is not a legitimate comment. "Game X sucks, because..." is acceptable.

Thank you,

The Staff
    MMORPG.COM

• milton1970milton1970 Member Posts: 347
    Originally posted by hubertgrove

I agree. I regret to say that I have 'bought' credits/gold in almost every game I have ever played (yes, shame on me, please save the vilification for another thread), including EQ2 and WoW. I never bought credits in SWG becuase, pre-NGE, the game was so much fun that even earning money was a pleasure (I ended up as a Chef with an 80 million credit fortune in the days when that was a lot of money) that I spent mostly on decorating my Hall of Outrageous Treasures guarded by a line of hologramatic Imperial Guards and a live BE-d kimoglia. That cost a pretty penny I can tell you. 

QFE

Although I have to say that I saw a fair few creditfarmers on Bria, even on pre-cu, like hubertgrove said, earning money was a pleasure. I'm not just talking trial accounts either.

Hell I even remember starting a toon on Radiant one time and going up to some Master profs in Bestine asking where I could find a cheap vendor for this or that etc on the server since I'd decided to create a toon here. By the time I finished chatting I had a bunch of friends on my list, about half a mil in change in the bank, couple of crates of stims and brandy, some decent grinding weapons and armour and a promise to buy all the quality hides and meat at a decent price with tips on what quality resources were currently in spawn.

By the time I grinded TKM/Pistoleer/Smuggler in a couple of weeks I had millions of credits, a stack of nice pistols, foods and was in a friendly guild and having an absolute blast

NGE is too much like a console game thesedays and a bad one at that, instead of xboxlive marketplace you have spammers in Eisley