Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thank you!

aerdtaerdt Member Posts: 22

Thank you CCP for making Eve Online. I was an early beta tester and quit after the beta due to time constraints. I am glad I came back after a lot of disappointment playing SWG and L2.

Finally a MMORPG that doesn't focus on level grinding and that has a friendly user community, excellent graphics, astonishing sound and endless possibilities.

Keep up the great work!

Comments

• KoltraneKoltrane Member UncommonPosts: 1,049

Nicely put.  I am in the same boat (beta tester back on a 14 day trial) and am happy to see EVE becoming more of what I was hoping it would be.  The server pop hit 10,000 today, so the community is growing, and a huge server upgrade is currently underway.

CCP is definitely doing something right.

-----

Old timer.

• Clever_GloveClever_Glove Member Posts: 996

The thing that brought me to EvE is just how easy it is to play as a working adult. Since skills are learned in "real time" while your off-line, there is no "keeping up". If you can sneak in a few minutes a week, you can keep advancing in EvE.

EvE is seemly unique in this feature.

I'm most excited about the next major patch will introduce player owned structures. My hope is that you'll be able to control a section of space, since you'll be able to place structures that will help you defend it.

-=-=-=-=-
    "We're a game that's focused on grouping and on solo play, you know, more group oriented, more solo play..."
    John Blakely Senior lead for EQ2. Link

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

-=-=-=-=-
    Achievers realise that killers as a concept are necessary in order to make achievement meaningful and worthwhile (there being no way to "lose" the game if any fool can "win" just by plodding slowly unchallenged). -bartle

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

• LachenlaudLachenlaud Member Posts: 1

Originally posted by Clever_Glove

I'm most excited about the next major patch will introduce player owned structures. My hope is that you'll be able to control a section of space, since you'll be able to place structures that will help you defend it.

ME TOO!  Can't wait to build a station image

==[Lachenlaud]==

==[Lachenlaud]==

• squeeesqueee Member Posts: 722

Well supposedly there is something in the works that will allow system ownership, what that means and how it will be done has still yet to be mentioned. I would imagine it means that only people from your own corp would be able to jump into your owned system or charge fees to get in. Not sure how that would work with wars though, since the best way to bankrupt a corp is to blockade their main station, and if you cant get into a system, the only way to do that is to camp the gates outside the owned system. But if a corp or alliance owns a large number of systems with stations, there would be no way to stop them.

But before all that happnes they have to finish this missle and turret and drone balance going in in two weeks, which should make large fleet battles with mixed ships interesting to say the least. Since BS's wont be able to hit frigs unless they have small turrets on I think that support ships for BS's will be much more common, and it will probably force everyone to work together a lot more. But, with frigs only able to shoot light missles it would take about ten frigs to take out a BS. Best thing for BS pilots to do is to load light missles into their launchers when they run into a group of frigs or turn on the smart bombs. And they also need to finish the ability to declare war on an entire alliance.

These player owned structures are going to be great. Being able to put a small little station system out in deep space with defense turrets and everything. I dont think they are going to be destroyable by your enemis, I think they will be capturable by your enemies and then you will be able to retake them. And hopefully you will be able to deploy them at safespots and not be limited to deploying them at planets. Would help in their defense.

Anyway, some fun changes comming and luckily I am in a large enough corp/alliance that we are bound to have a few of these things.::::01::

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
    Rich Cook.

• DantesDantes Member Posts: 163

Yes, I'm really excited about the up and coming changes, especially making combat more realistic with needing a mixed ship compliment.  Just like in real life, the infantry need the tanks and the tanks need the infantry....it's a symbiotic relationship.

And squee, you wouldn't happen to be located in the north say...Branch or Dek regions now would you? image

Beta tester supreme

Beta tester supreme

• squeeesqueee Member Posts: 722

Originally posted by Dantes
    And squee, you wouldn't happen to be located in the north say...Branch or Dek regions now would you?

Yes I have been known to fly in the Northern regions every once in a while::::01::, but more like north-east region.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
    Rich Cook.

• antiheroantihero Member Posts: 5
    I have to agree, I have tried alot of em but Eve is the best of em all...Its not perfect but for all the features including a great community...tis the best...now all I have to do is wait out some buddies who talked me into playing an unmentionable other game and I will be back in the space opera supreme.