Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SOE starts listening and works WITH the community!

|MaguS||MaguS| Member Posts: 317

http://forums.gucomics.com/viewtopic.php?t=2220

It seems all the cries and yelling from the Everquest community is finally getting to SOE. It even seems more that the state of the game wasn't thier goal but thanks to lack of communication that was the end product.

Before anyone starts flamming this thread about SOE being horrible and offering now support... READ THE LINK! SOE will now be in full contact with many members of the Everquest community. The expansion was already delayed to work on bugs and broken quests. We are even promised NEW character models before the end of the year...

This truly shows that SOE is trying to clean up its image, they don't want to be thought anymore as the company who takes your money and muffles your cries. I mean paying for someones trip out to talk to the developers is more then I have ever seen a company do...

Good show SOE!

Comments

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

That is kinda biaised althought.

SoE only listen to folks CURRENTLY subscribing to EQ(an obligation to post there), thereby folks that already like the game, all the players they lost over the years outnumber by far those that stay.

It create them a sense of following the wave, but in fact, to be in that wave, you need to actually believe in how it is currently made.  No big listening or change there, the place they are taking comments LOVE it exactly like it is.  All those that have issues with the game system stop paying in the many many years that have gone since...

This is a little like if a politician will *goes* with the public and ask question instead of speaking...but he does within his party meeting and many many year after the start, if you aint the President, you wont have much peoples that dont actually belong to your party in that room!  EQ might have been the MMORPG *president* or close to it, but it is not anymore, so little risk with an audience you know how they react before you ask questions.

I to can listen to a community that I create after 5 years of getting rid of all elements I dont want, not much of an effort in it honestly. :)

- "Coercing? No no, I assure you, they are willing to bring my bags and pay public transportation just to help me, it is true!''

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• p00kap00ka Member Posts: 167

Yes, SoE has dropped the ball for a long time. And, yes... Subscriptions in the mmorpg market are like a revolving door - over the course of 5 years, a significant portion of your subscribers will have come and gone, while a steady flow of new users enter the game every day. You only have a problem when the number of players that leave the game is higher than that of the new players. Thus, SoE has spent a lot of time recently trying to make the first 30 levels of the game easier to get into for casual players.

SoE only listen to folks CURRENTLY subscribing to EQ(an obligation to post there), thereby folks that already like the game, all the players they lost over the years outnumber by far those that stay.

Naturally, SoE will spend the most time listening to the players who pay to play their game. But as far as not listening to non-subscribers, this is untrue. You don't need to pay to post on their message boards. You don't have to pay to participate in chat Q&A events. You don't have to pay to send them e-mail feedback. Yet, 90% of the feedback I *do* see on their forum is incoherent babbling like the above post, most of which are asking for impossibe changes to the core game model.

Back to the original topic... I think it's great that they are finally embracing the feedback from the EQ community. I just spent a couple of weeks playing EverQuest after a year off. Unfortunately, I just don't have it "in me" to play anymore - I feel as if I have seen it all. So, once again, I will cancel my account, and hope that there will be something in it for me in the future. SoE has yet to address players like me - those who have multiple lvl 60+ characters, who just can't devote 3-4 hours a night playing the same game for years and years.

-pooka

• ianubisiianubisi Member Posts: 4,201

All I hear...

Promises, Promises...

Why don't I believe?

(bonus points to the person that can name the source of the quote)

• RazageRazage Member Posts: 53

Hrm, dosn't seem fair to listen only to the EQ community. EQ players hardly know everything and that goes the same for everyone else.

If they take the good points from everyone's input, then they can make a supirior product. EQ just has the advantage of being one of the first MMORPG's that had 3D graphics and that's why it has so many subscribers. There's little other reason, majority of the mechanics in that game are from MUDS.

In conclusion, if that is SOE's standpoint that they'll just listen to the EQ community in a feeble attempt to make them feel better then everyone else, it'll fail miserably and SOE will end up with another EQ clone that has lightsabers.

• flabairflabair Member Posts: 188

if its true and SOE is finally going to listen to the players its a step in the right direction. lack of customer service is one of my major complaints about mmorpg's. im still waiting for a repel to my email to SOE that i wrote 2 weeks after SWG went live, long wait. to bad they waited so long to listen and respond to players. atleast if they start now and keep it going maybe EQ2 will have a good customer service when it is released. the worst thing is to get a form letter from any game company saying the are looking into the problem and to try some of the following, etc etc, and the form letter has nothing at all to do with your problem. like i said at begining hope they really do set up a good customer service dept and answer ppl, they will keep more ppl in there game as the players then (weather its true or not) feel like they are being heard and cared about.

• protorocprotoroc Member Posts: 1,042

Originally posted by Anofalye

This is a very good point...if SOE wants to clean up thier game into something the players want, they should ask former subscribers on ways to make the game more enjoyable...this might even bring old players back into the game

• RazageRazage Member Posts: 53
    I heard a horror story where if you phone EQ's customer service department, you get a recording saying they can't help you.