Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

wow gg

stabemzstabemz Member Posts: 132
so yeah i just downloaded the 14-day trial and it doesnt work, so since the trial doesnt work can you guess tell me a few things about the game? thanks =)

Comments

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142
    You'll have to be a bit more specific with your questions.

I personally don't feel like sitting here and writing an essay on DAoC so if you could ask a few questions I could answer them for ya.  I'm pretty sure it would be a smaller writeup then me explaining every nuance of the game.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• stabemzstabemz Member Posts: 132
    Like how is the player housing? Is the PvP easy to get ahang of? are the graphics decent? stuff like that, im not asking for an essay i just want like the main shit i need to know about the game :P
  • IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

Player Housing:

It's a separate zone, there are lots available that you "stake a claim" on and then you purchase a house to place on that lot.  The lot prices vary depending on how recently they've been freed up or how long they have been open.  The longer the lot has been vacant the cheeper it is to purchase.  The houses themselves come in 4 different sizes.  From a small 1story + basement all the way to a huge villa/mansion.  Within the houses there are various hookpoints where you can put merchants, bind stones, teleporters, vaults to keep all your junk in, and you can put all kinds of decorations on the walls and throughout the space.  These include but are not limited to beds, chairs, tables, stuffed named monsters/animals you kill and have them stuffed by a taxedermist and so on.

PvP also known as RvR (realm versus realm)

The pvp is fairly interesting, there are meny ways you can participate.  From sieging/defending keeps and towers, to roaming around the vast fronteer zones (pvp zones) with small groups or zergs, and if you feel brave and like to live on the edge you can even try and solo.  It works better if you are a stealth class that can hide.  There are battle grounds for all levels where you can participate in pvp against people your level.  The level ranges are usually 4 level difference, first bg starting at 1-4, then 5-9, 10-14 and so on.  This arangement I think gives you a fairly good chance at pvp that is not severly onesided and the level range is not too wide and gettin into it all is reasonably simple but it might take a bit to master depending on your class and playstile.  These bg's do not have a cap when it comes to how meny people can be in there at any given time, and as long as you are within the level restrictions and later on Realm Rank restrictions you can come and go as you please.  You can choose to fight for a while and then if you get bored or tired you can leave, pve a bit, farm some gold or whatnot and then come back and pvp some more.  All of the bg's have a central keep that you can fight over and take for your realm.  Later on in the higher up bg's you also get a tower that you can take over and even claim for your guild if you're part of one.  Bg's don't reset so if you take a keep and none of the other 2 realms attempt to take it you could hold the keep for ever, but usually one of the 2 realms and sometimes both will assault it and try to take it because it's worth quiet a bit of exp and makes for a good focal point to get everybody to fight one another, because after all that is the point... right?

Graphics

The graphics have improved significantly since the game was released over 5 years ago.  Although not perfect I think they suite me best when it comes to the games out there.  They are not heavy on the cartoon side like World of Warcraft but are also not like the stuff you see in the azian market games such as Lineage 2. 

In the end I say if you're gonna try this game, go in with an open mind and experience it for yourself.  It will be your call in the end if you like it or not and other peoples opinions will not matter much.

These are my views and opinions and I'm sure others will have a thing or 2 to say, good things to add, and a few flames too

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• stabemzstabemz Member Posts: 132
    Alright thanks alot man, i might give this game a try it sounds fun =)
  • JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347
    Originally posted by stabemz

Like how is the player housing? Is the PvP easy to get ahang of? are the graphics decent? stuff like that, im not asking for an essay i just want like the main shit i need to know about the game :P
    Honestly daoc take skill in pvp so your gonna get owned and bad off the bat but thats ok because you have ample opritunity to pvp at most levels. Now best for you to do to rvr is get a group in the bgs .. ina  group you actions matter less because you got people to back you up.

Stealther can be easy in pvp too becuase well you get the jump on peopel can can kill quickly so have have a harder time reacting.

Player housign is easy to use and proably one of the better housing in any game, it costs money however to the point where its affordable at max level but not really before then. (nice thing about them is you can set them up account wide more or less )

I like the graphix zoomed all the way out the landscape and character modles are not too hot, zoomed in it has some of the better quality textures.

The graphics are more real then most mmos out there same goes for weaposn ... sorry no weaposn 3 time the size of your character etc.

The game offers best pvp of mmos and best classes. EAch realm has its own classes and own classic and si world to content is different also. TSome of the classes play similar like heros and warriors... there ARE difference but they are similar. Some classes are very different animist spiritmasters. 

TRy dlign the trial via a differnt site and the trail is currently using old graphix not the new graphix... becuase they just made catacombs a free expansion.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine