Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Monitor problems?

VulgVulg Member Posts: 2
Well all excited that I could try EVE for a week I downloaded it and installed it...and to my horror when I launched the game all i got was my monitor shutting down and a message saying out of frequency range. I have never seen this before in my life. Anyone have any idea how to fix this...I tried setting the refresh rate to the max and that still is not enough.

Comments

• imasigimasig Member Posts: 149
    Yikes, that sounds like a tricky one.  Well, if you haven't done so already make sure you update  your video card driver.  I had a lot of problems with Eve relating to the video driver when I first installed it but that was a year ago.  Other than that it sounds like your video card is trying to display some kind of image your monitor can't handle. I'm at a lost for what to do here.  CCP has a fairly decent customer support.  You should try sending them some mail.  They can help you out more than anyone here could.

• Ranma13Ranma13 Member Posts: 747
    Out of frequency range means that you're trying to run the game at too high of a frequency that your monitor can't handle, either the hertz frequency is too high or the resolution is too high. Delete everything in your cache folder in the EVE folder (but not the cache folder itself), that should reset EVE to the default settings and make it into a windowed mode. Then make sure you set your graphics settings to something your monitor can handle.