Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Blizzard Teaser

Comments

• anti!imac010anti!imac010 Member Posts: 80
    Originally posted by jahshua

Yeah I noticed it too, I came to the conclusion that it was going to be Diablo 3 too.
      What was your first guess or did you miss the Diablo  head that took up your screen? J/K lol....
    Originally posted by DrowNoble

I am really hoping it's Starcraft 2 RTS game.  The end of Brood War left many unanswered questions in the storyline, so there is a lot to build on.  Do it WC3 style and they'd have a big seller on their hands I'm sure.
    Course if the did that World of Starcraft would probably be coming 2008. 
    'World of Starcraft' *counts down to 2008*  heh, oh no... heh heh what a dumb title...  Yea if they did Starcraft 2 using Warcaft III =awesome0rz

The Brood Wars story line? Wow, I'v just been playing Battle Net lots. what happend at the end of the game? I have not beaten that game in years! wow...
  • RaunuRaunu Member UncommonPosts: 480
    Originally posted by nothing2gein

It looks like it will be some sort of MMO because they are hiring a lead engine programmer to " lead an engine-programming team focused on next-generation massively multiplayer online games" and they're hiring a lead tools programmer (MMO) and lead artist (MMO).
    My guess is that they are going to be making a DX10 engine for WoW that will come with the next expansion. I doubt they are going to make another MMO when WoW is still in its prime, especially another fantasy. If it is an MMO it would most likely be a sci-fi MMO. As for a SC MMO,  I doubt we will ever see that.  The sizing of the units would be a huge hurtle. Humans in that game were tiny compaired to the other races. A Zealot was  like twice as tall as a human and a hydralisk was taller yet. For them to come up with some type of story that humans have grown several feet taller or the other races have shrunk wouldn't please the fans at all.

SC:Ghost was canned white a while ago and I'm sorry, but I hated the D2 Online community. I'd much rather  SC2. I loved SC and BroodWar and I've been waiting so long for a SC 2.

- - "What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?" - -

• DrowNobleDrowNoble Member UncommonPosts: 1,297

Ok Starcraft lore as I can remember ... it's been a while for me too. lol

At the end Kerrigan, the former ghost that was "infected" by the zerg, tricked the other 2 factions into getting the Overmind killed.  In doing so both the Terran and Protoss forces suffered heavy losses.  Thus, she was now not only 100% free-willed, but in control of the Zerg, who were now the potentially most powerful force in the Universe.  She was portrayed as similar to Illidan or Arthas, vastly powerful and although not really evil, she did things according to her own agenda.   The Overmind Zerg wanted to infect the entire universe, Kerrigan didn't want that but she didn't want to give up her power either.

Yes I'm sure blizzard took this storyline and "tweaked" it for WC3 as the Scourge and Arthas are very similar to the Zerg and Kerrigan.  So she opposed the Overmind, but was it out of goodness of her former humanity or more of The Enemy of My Enemy....

Best I can remember, hope I'm not off by too much. 

If your talking about DX 10 your talking about Vista...... XP will always have DX 9.0C
  • RaunuRaunu Member UncommonPosts: 480
    Originally posted by DrowNoble

Ok Starcraft lore as I can remember ... it's been a while for me too. lol
    At the end Kerrigan, the former ghost that was "infected" by the zerg, tricked the other 2 factions into getting the Overmind killed.  In doing so both the Terran and Protoss forces suffered heavy losses.  Thus, she was now not only 100% free-willed, but in control of the Zerg, who were now the potentially most powerful force in the Universe.  She was portrayed as similar to Illidan or Arthas, vastly powerful and although not really evil, she did things according to her own agenda.   The Overmind Zerg wanted to infect the entire universe, Kerrigan didn't want that but she didn't want to give up her power either.
    Yes I'm sure blizzard took this storyline and "tweaked" it for WC3 as the Scourge and Arthas are very similar to the Zerg and Kerrigan.  So she opposed the Overmind, but was it out of goodness of her former humanity or more of The Enemy of My Enemy....
    Best I can remember, hope I'm not off by too much. 
    You pretty much hit the nail right on the head here. Good memory.

- - "What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?" - -

*Agreed* not worthy, not worthy. lol
  • smartkidzsmartkidz Member Posts: 252
    I don't know. That teaser thing the OP said is interesting. It highlights Diablo And the question mark but nothing else. Gigantic Hint maybe?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    =The best bash.org quote ever=
    Curt teh Juggler: our graduation ceremony was today, and right when some gamer nerd got his diploma, someone in the audience played the zelda "get item" music and he did the zelda spin-hold-out-item stance
    Curt teh Juggler: it was quite possibly the most amazing thing ever.

Two words:

Diablo 3!!

Starcraft 2!!

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    None in these forums seems to remember, but some years ago Blizzard was hiring for RTS map designers. They couldn't have needed them for WoW, nor for Starcraft: Ghost. So my quess is, that whatever Blizzard is announcing is that unkown RTS title. And it's probably already very far in developement.

There was the Korean news article telling very accurate details about new Stacraft RTS, and there are also rumours around about MMO RTS. I'd personally bet that it's Starcraft because it's announced in Korea, but that it's quite traditional RTS because Blizzard really isn't known for being most innovative gaming company (no offence to Blizzard, they make really good games).

And the nex-gen MMO they are hiring for now is some project wich they won't announce yet, as it's still in so early stanges of developement that people wouldn't have patience to wait for it if it was announced now.

• Lunar_KnightLunar_Knight Member Posts: 292

An interesting thought...what if they make a Diablo RTS and/or a Starcraft RPG?

You know you'd still play it!

Just kidding, Blizzard is going to make a Starcraft game at some point in time...now or later. It's like having  a gold mine right next to your Town Center and never sending any Peasants (or Peons) to mine it!

...but time flows like a river...

...and history repeats...

-Leader of "The Fighting Irish" in DAoC on Hib/Kay-

• DuraheLLDuraheLL Member Posts: 2,951
    Pff the wise move would be SC2 no matter what. Wtf would they make another MMO for anyway? They already have WoW! They've claimed their next title won't have anything to do with WoW. I take that as NEITHER MMORPG noir WarCraft universe.

If they don't make SC2 I'm gonna be pissed and question how they work nowadays. SC is the only title who hasen't had a sequal. Diablo has a sequal and an expansion. Warcraft has, well let's just say 2 sequals AND a mmorpg with an expansion!

Lost Wikings... don't mention it... just dont.

So anyway, SC is so old and it definitly needs improovements. Korea still praise it as their best game ever (which I think it is) but seriously it if wasen't for them it would be pretty dusty! It just simply needs to be updated! So Blizzard! Give us a SC sequal! RTS style and show you still got the flare that can make entire worlds troll bound!

$OE lies list
    http://www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=424&start=0
    "
    And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

• xAlrythxxAlrythx Member Posts: 585
    Diablo 3 would be nice, I personally don't want to see Blizzard making another MMO.

Currently Playing: Everything but MMORPGs
    Cancelled: L2, FFXI, VSoH, LotRO, WAR, WoW
    Looking Forward To: SW:TOR

• MLecl0001MLecl0001 Member Posts: 153
    I dont put any stock on the picture of Diablo on the teaser page.  Simply because in the timeline SC, D2, WC3, and WoW are still greyed out.  I think that as time gets closer to the announcement the timeline will move along.  So basically SC is next in the timeline so I think that soon a SC picture will pop up with the SC name being highlighted.  Just look previously in the timeline WC and WC2 are colored and not greyed out.

I think that the next game is going to be SC related, there are a couple reasons for this.  The one big one is they are choosing to release the news in South Korea, and SC is pretty much a national pastime of South Korea.  I actually think SC is the nations largest religion :P  Also it goes away from fantasy and goes toward sci fi, since it seems people are tiring of fantasy.  Kind of funny since fantasy is still a bigger money maker than sci fi.  Also Blizzard doesnt need to make a new IP, why roll the dice with a new IP when you have a couple of guaranteed money making IPs still on the bench?  Blizzard does make good games, but more importantly they are making money, lots of it, and they want to continue to be extremely profitable.  It was not a big jump for Blizzard to turn the Warcraft world into an MMO, they saw a new market they had yet to tap into, and they saw it as just an extension of their bnet.

So while they are the big dog and have the worlds attention, especially the mainstream people who have nothing to do with games, they are going to go with what works and what is safe.  A SC MMO could easily pick up a lot of sci fi fans who never played WoW due to the fact its a fantasy based game, and all the SC fanatics who never played WC because they didnt like WC world.

Either way though Diablo or SC, Blizzard has a guaranteed money maker, they could take a pile of crap and put it in a box and it would sell millions on release day, with the Diablo or SC name stamped on it.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

• CerberussianCerberussian Member Posts: 6
    It won’t be Starcraft MMO, stop hoping.

Why on earth would company release game to compete with their own, most successful mmo (wow)? And on top of this, one of blizzard sources said it wont be mmo, and that it can be any genre and on any platform (xbox, pc... wii?).

• ParaTrooperParaTrooper Member Posts: 1,961

Where does the 19th come into this?

I can't see anything refering to a date and find this whole thread and news rather amusing. How is this anything more than a list of games they have made and a question mark for the future? No doubt they have plans for future games but I don't see how this is any sort of teaser.

*Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author... got sick of holding backspace.
    -----------------------------------------
    ParaTrooper, That guy that used to mod the MMORPG.com forums.

• SmackRatSmackRat Member Posts: 2

Just found this.....

"It took a good day of calls and emails, but Blizzard just got back to us about the rumor floating around that Starcraft 2 will be announced next month during their World Wide Invitation in Seoul, South Korea.

According to a Korean website, StarCraft 2 is being developed in 3D with a new race and lots of changes for existing units. The site went on to say that additional details would be revealed during Blizzard's WWI on May 19th in Seoul.

When reached for comment today this was Blizzard's official response:

We do intend to announce a new product at the Worldwide Invitational next month in Korea, and we appreciate the enthusiasm and interest in getting an advance look at what that will be, but players will have to wait until May 19th to find out more. Also, we have a very strong connection with the characters and settings of StarCraft, and we do plan to revisit that universe at some point in the future, but we don't have anything new to announce in that regard at present.

So that's a yes on a StarCraft 2, eventually, and a yes to a product announcement next month. The only question now is are they one in the same."

• NeikoNeiko Member UncommonPosts: 626
    http://www.blizzard.com/

http://www.starcraft2.com/

Anyone see a resemblance/sight of the future?
    Ahhhh! A pattern... Interesting... The future is yet to be here. "Count down"
  • RollotamasiRollotamasi Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 898
    Originally posted by Midnitte

Hopefully it will be a new IP, that page should have shown Blizzard that they have depended on those 3 franchises for too long
    If it aint broke. don't fix it.

-Currently looking forward to FFXIV

-Currently playing EvE and Global Agenda

Personally I am hoping that is is not Diablo 3.  Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the Diablo games.  The thing is there is already a game out that is very Diablo-ish:  Dungeon Runners.  I beta tested it and the first thing I thought was "wow this is like Diablo 3D".  It is also free-to-play, the subscription just unlocks some perks is all.

Due to the lack of scifi gaming out there, that is why I'm hoping for Starcraft 2. 

• CerberussianCerberussian Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by ParaTrooper

Where does the 19th come into this?

I can't see anything refering to a date and find this whole thread and news rather amusing. How is this anything more than a list of games they have made and a question mark for the future? No doubt they have plans for future games but I don't see how this is any sort of teaser.

Yesterday (may 14) on timeline (on blizzard.com) Diablo was highlighted, today (may 15) its Starcraft, tomorrow (may 16) it will be diablo II as its next in timeline, than (may 17) Warcraft 3, (may 18) World of Warcraft and finally on may 19 question mark will be revealed.

• mindspatmindspat Member Posts: 1,367

Please be StarCraft 2 !!

I'll settle for a SC based mmo.  ;)

Well I just referred to it as World of Starcraft cuz I thought it sounded better than Starcraft Online.  I do like Universe of Starcraft or Starcraft Universe better for a title, but *IF* that is what their project is I'm sure they have a better name for it than I can come up with. 

I'd prefer Starcraft 2 over a MMOG since the SC storyline really left a lot of plotlines hanging at the end of broodwar.

• raccoonraccoon Member CommonPosts: 51
    Yeesh, yes, people are slow to grasp the obvious. It highlights the next thing on the timeline each day until the 19th where the question mark will be highlighted and the truth revealed. Also, Starcraft: Ghost was canned due to Blizzard switching design teams in the middle. The first team was doing a sort of sneaky 'hack the security, turn the automated guns on your enemies' kinda thing -- KotoR is the only one I can think of off the top of my head but there's obviously been others. The second team, however, turned it into a crappy Halo clone of slag-fests and vehicle driving (they even had a Warthog knock-off... people were saying "Since when did Starcraft have jeeps?"). So, yeah... it sucked so it was canned.