Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which Title do you want to be BioWare's New MMO ?[Release Date: 2009] COME ON Target is 1000 VOTES !

Comments

• zaykodroidzaykodroid Member Posts: 220
    up
  • MuffinStumpMuffinStump Member UncommonPosts: 474

Zaykodroid,

You deserve the forum award for most bumps in one thread.

Such persistence deserves a trophy.

:)

• MundusMundus Member UncommonPosts: 237
    May the force be with Bioware!
    Originally posted by MuffinStump

Zaykodroid,
    You deserve the forum award for most bumps in one thread.
    Such persistence deserves a trophy.
    :)
    i am working for public man.

my goal is reach the number : 1000 votes !

give your hand, lets do it together :)
  • troydavidtroydavid Member Posts: 150
    No matter what it is, Bioware will make it awesome, and I'll give it a go.
  • CactusmanXCactusmanX Member Posts: 2,218

I am sure Bioware will do fine,  but no matter what I hope it is an original game, KotoR is good and all but I would like to see more original IPs, the gaming industry suffers from this as a whole.

Still hoping someone will make that steamage game I always wanted to play.

Don't you worry little buddy. You're dealing with a man of honor. However, honor requires a higher percentage of profit

• Cabe2323Cabe2323 Member Posts: 2,939
    Originally posted by zaykodroid

ok i said it before but i am repetaing:

BIOWARE DIDNT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THEIR IP. WE DONT KNOW ANYTHING, IF IT IS AN ORIGINAL BIOWARE IP, OR AN OUTSIDE IP. ONLY INFOS ABOUT BIOWARES NEW MMO ARE:

1) IT IS USING HERO ENGINE www.play.net/playdotnet/platform/

2)IT IS USING STREAM BASE ENGINE www.streambase.com/

THESE TWO THINGS CUTS THE DEVELOPMENT TIME FOR YEARS.

BIOWARE DIDNT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THEIR IP BUT,

THEY ADD A NEW JOB AT THEIR JOBS PAGE: "PRODUCER - LICENCOR LIAISON"

BioWare Austin is searching for a Producer-Licensor Liaison to assist the team in the development of assigned products from concept to release. The successful candidate will have the primary responsibility for tracking, managing license submissions, and securing approvals from a 3rd party licenso

AND:

Project Management

Manages and tracks all license approval submissions and the overall submission process including follow up and contract compliance.

HERE IS THE LINK: www.bioware.com/bioware_info/jobs/positions/austin_producer_licensor_liaison.html

SO PROGRESS SHOWS THAT IT CAN BE AN OUTSIDE IP (STAR WARS )

Sorry guys, but just because they have that job in there doesn't mean they are working on an MMO with a 3rd party IP.  First of all it could be for a regular game.  Most likely though the licenses they are talking about are the ones that Bioware has gotten from other companies to use their products, such as the Hero engine and the Steam engine.

Currently playing:
    LOTRO & WoW (not much WoW though because Mines of Moria rocks!!!!)

Looking Foward too:
    Bioware games (Dragon Age & Star Wars The Old Republic)

• GalupaGalupa Member Posts: 203
    I voted for KOTOR but i want to take it back, because i think Bio Ware could come up with a fresh IP, enough living in the past! new and improved i say! Bio Ware will make something that will totally blow our minds i can say that much

"The new age is upon us, yet the past refuses to rest in its shallow grave."

• darquenbladedarquenblade Member Posts: 1,015
    Originally posted by Cabe2323

BIOWARE DIDNT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THEIR IP. WE DONT KNOW ANYTHING, IF IT IS AN ORIGINAL BIOWARE IP, OR AN OUTSIDE IP. ONLY INFOS ABOUT BIOWARES NEW MMO ARE:

BioWare Austin is searching for a Producer-Licensor Liaison to assist the team in the development of assigned products from concept to release. The successful candidate will have the primary responsibility for tracking, managing license submissions, and securing approvals from a 3rd party licenso

AND:

Project Management

Manages and tracks all license approval submissions and the overall submission process including follow up and contract compliance.

HERE IS THE LINK: www.bioware.com/bioware_info/jobs/positions/austin_producer_licensor_liaison.html

Sorry guys, but just because they have that job in there doesn't mean they are working on an MMO with a 3rd party IP.  First of all it could be for a regular game.  Most likely though the licenses they are talking about are the ones that Bioware has gotten from other companies to use their products, such as the Hero engine and the Steam engine.

If you're assuming that this job refers to the Hero Engine license, then many of the job responsibilities end up

not making any sense.

For example, why would someone who is a liaison for the game engine need to review the actual content that is

put into the game?

Also under 'Project Management': "Develops and updates production tracking spreadsheets for the 3rd party licensor."

This implies that something (content, etc.) is being produced for this licensor. Why would Bioware be creating

anything for Simutronics? They're simply using their engine. There are a few other examples as well, but hopefully

I made my point.

This job has nothing to do with the engine licenses, and has to do with the holder of the IP that the game will be using.

It's not confirmed to be Star Wars, but it's definitely not their own IP.

Edit: Not sure why my text is formatted strangely
  • Cabe2323Cabe2323 Member Posts: 2,939
    Originally posted by darquenblade

AND:

Project Management

If you're assuming that this job refers to the Hero Engine license, then many of the job responsibilities end up

not making any sense.

For example, why would someone who is a liaison for the game engine need to review the actual content that is

put into the game?

Also under 'Project Management': "Develops and updates production tracking spreadsheets for the 3rd party licensor."

This implies that something (content, etc.) is being produced for this licensor. Why would Bioware be creating

anything for Simutronics? They're simply using their engine. There are a few other examples as well, but hopefully

I made my point.

This job has nothing to do with the engine licenses, and has to do with the holder of the IP that the game will be using.

Actually it doesn't imply that at all.  It does show that Simutronics might be very interested in how their engine is being used.  Especially if they ever actually intend to release hero journey.  Also, part of the agreement might be that simutronics has some review in how their engine is used.  Look how badly the UR engine ended up getting butchered by Sigil for Vanguard.  They would definitely not want that to happen.    The second part doesn't imply something is being made for the 3rd party it only implies that the 3rd party is interested in how their product is being used.  I know if I leased you an engine I would be very very interested in how it was being used to make sure (especially since this might be the first actual product to hit the market with the engine) the engine was being used to the best of its ability and was going to show off how great the engine was.

Currently playing:
    LOTRO & WoW (not much WoW though because Mines of Moria rocks!!!!)

Looking Foward too:
    Bioware games (Dragon Age & Star Wars The Old Republic)

AND:

Project Management

not making any sense.

put into the game?

I made my point.

completely agree with you.

AND:

Project Management

not making any sense.

put into the game?

I made my point.

Actually it doesn't imply that at all.  It does show that Simutronics might be very interested in how their engine is being used.  Especially if they ever actually intend to release hero journey.  Also, part of the agreement might be that simutronics has some review in how their engine is used.  Look how badly the UR engine ended up getting butchered by Sigil for Vanguard.  They would definitely not want that to happen.    The second part doesn't imply something is being made for the 3rd party it only implies that the 3rd party is interested in how their product is being used.  I know if I leased you an engine I would be very very interested in how it was being used to make sure (especially since this might be the first actual product to hit the market with the engine) the engine was being used to the best of its ability and was going to show off how great the engine was.

it is too much to hire a person just to follow engine licence, and as darquenblade said, under project management u can see : "Develops and updates production tracking spreadsheets for the 3rd party licensor."
    ok.the target is 1000 votes!

come on man! give ur vote!
  • darquenbladedarquenblade Member Posts: 1,015

ok.the target is 1000 votes!

come on man! give ur vote!
    There's really no point in voting, though. No point whatsoever.

And dude, you really need to stop spam-bumping your thread so much; it makes you look like a bit of a spaz.
    i lost my mind man,

i am waiting this game for 1,5 years!

i gave my life to this thread!
  • TyrgrisTyrgris Member Posts: 321
    It will be "Fallout"
  • SeptopusSeptopus Member Posts: 101
    A fallout mmo is already in development by Interplay, who if they cannot finish in 4 years they loose the license and the rest of it goes to Bethesda (Bethesda bought the license under these conditions). Fallout 3 is in the making by Bethesda and until Interplay releases their mmo or fully looses the license another fallout mmo seems highly unliked.

(Hope you weren't joking, I think this is the 2nd time I've written this!)

• Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574
    I thought Interplay went Bankrupt a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.  O_o
    interplay isnt the company that developed Another World?

it was a freaking awasome game man...
    Bioware World Design Contest

With the success of last year's writing contest, BioWare has decided to follow it up this year with a world design contest. Anyone who has dreamed of working as a world designer will find this a unique opportunity to get their work noticed by the right people. We are looking for exceptionally talented level designers to help develop BioWare's first MMORPG in Austin, Texas.

Here is what you need to know to enter:

BioWare asks for designers to create a Neverwinter Nights adventure to showcase their world design skills using the Neverwinter Nights 1 Aurora Toolset. There are a lot of options to consider when creating a module in the Toolset, but it is important to remember that we will be mainly looking at the technical skills and creative level design used.

When hiring world designers, BioWare looks at your scripting/technical abilities, your creative level design skills, your ability to create cinematic moments, and your ability to create interesting and fun puzzles. Because BioWare is known for quality, we also value a world designer's ability to create stable, bug free work that is well documented.

To be eligible for this contest, please submit a Neverwinter Nights module that follows these parameters:

• Only one entry per person will be accepted. Multiple entries by the same person will result in all submissions from that person being automatically disqualified.
    • Create an adventure not shorter than 20 minutes to at the most 40 minutes in length. While we are firm on these time guidelines, we understand individual gameplay style does vary.
    • Use only an updated version of Neverwinter Nights 1 and its official expansion packs Shadows of Undrentide and Hordes of the Underdark to create your module. Do not use any community-made content. Do not use any part of NWN2 or the NWN2 Toolset to create your module.
    • Your module should include a cut scene, intricate puzzles and interesting NPC behavior.
    • You must also submit a PSA to qualify. What is a PSA?
  • AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

I just want it to come live...

Anything atm would be good. 

I am hoping for a D&D title.  See how DragonLance (3rd) and Baldur's Gate (2nd) come out as popular choices despite their poor location in the pool, and the time passed since anything was released.

I doubt it would be related to SWG or Lucas in anyway, but it is possible.  Yet, I would be surprised, I wouldn't have expect them to underline much some aspects that are so blatanly flaws at Lucas Arts.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• AmalaricAmalaric Member Posts: 480

Sex kittens Online! 

But seriously, what I have heard it's a Baldurs Gate MMO, but who really knows?

• SeptopusSeptopus Member Posts: 101
    I don't think they would make a DnD based online game while D and D Online is still up and running, just doesn't seem like something most companies would want to do, even if an actual forgotten realms mmo would be pretty sweet. Then again it  is Bioware and they can do whatever they want and it would most likely rake in money so hey it's still a possibility.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    NWN MMO anyone ? Probably wishful thinking but I just hated the fact Obsidian just did a really bad job with NWN2. This game deserves better.
  • Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574
    Originally posted by SaintViktor

NWN MMO anyone ? Probably wishful thinking but I just hated the fact Obsidian just did a really bad job with NWN2. This game deserves better.
    I didn't think NWN the original was so hot.  The best part of the game was the toolkit to make modules.  Without the player made modules the game would be pretty bad in comparison to the other games they have made of that ilk IMO.
This discussion has been closed.