Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking to join DAOC help

i i used to play daoc about 3 to 4 years startign at release.. is the game still playable.. hows the population of the game. is it still fun if i just picked up a new copy and statred blank. how loung does it take to lvl to 50. our is it boring

Comments

• daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695
    The game is still very playable.  The graphics are mediocre by todays standards, but the gameplay is still doable and quite fun.  You can actually test it out for 14 days free as noted in the sticky above.  Population is very good on the Bossiney cluster (Gareth, Ector, Lamorak servers), which is the "classic" cluster.  Populations on the other clusters range from horrible to good depending on the cluster and time of day you play.

Levelling to 50 is quite easy and can be done with most classes in less than 5 days played time.  That translates into about 1 month of playing for me.  If I knew everything I do now when I started and wanted to race to 50, it would probably take me 48 hours played over about 10 days.

Bottom line, I suggest you give it a try.  Just about any class is viable now.