Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Short review of RuneScape for those who hate it or not sure if its worth to play

F2pPureF2pPure Member Posts: 2
Hii, RuneScape is my first MMORPG I've played and you probably heard alot of people begging it cause of the graphics but today I will tell you a differnt story of RuneScape.

RuneScape is one of the biggest MMORPG community in these days, it has alot of quest involve combat or non-comat, it has a great PvP system to divided differnt level to have thier own battles, it has a huge map with monsters.

Pros:

* Great community with lot of people selling/buying items and talk to you and great helps ( lots of english speakers )

* Exellent PvP system, it's different other MMORPG and don't worry about no1 fight with you cause there are ALOT of players in RuneScape

* Huge map

* Alot of skills to choose from, such as combat skills, smithing, mining, woodcutting, crafting.... and way more if you pay to become a member

* you pay to become a member and members have more maps, items, quests, skills, fun. but it's not disaventage to the F2P players,

members and f2p are indiviuals, they are seperate so it won't be unfair to the f1p

* fun holiday events

* cheap to become a member

* NOT REQUIRED download to PLAY

* easy controlls and interface, you will know what to do quickly

Cons:

* Horrible graphics - I understand cause you don't need to download it to play

* Lots of scammers and bots - cause there are alot of players...all kind of people

* you will meet all kind of players in RuneScape (noobs, scammers,  swearing dude, people with unknown language ,good people, )

Others:

* theres a huge bank to store items in and not required to pay to store the items unlike most MMORPG 

* you can use all the magic, range, melee attacks skills in one character

* great chatting system

* The PvP system

- When you kill someone, you get the items that he/she is equiping and in the inventory

- There are multi and non-multi areas for PvP so you won't get team by a gang

- Divided into clear zone for different levels so it won't be lvl 100 vs lvl 24 if you don't want to

- Theres a large zone for people to PvP which is the whole field of North and the rest are safe zone. 

-  A inventory with 28 spaces, you can put foods (for healingyourself), potions(to boost up your stats), differnt weapons( for different situation), runes( for spell casting).

***My Ratings of RuneScape***

Graphics      6/10 - horrible but clear

Fun                8/10

Sound           6.5/10

Lag                8.5/10 - doesn't lag for my PC at all

PvP system  8/10

Community  8/10 - the RS players talks alot...but friendly

OVERALL - 7.5/10 

*****Recommand for new MMORPG players or with crappy PCs*****

F2P = Fun 2 Play

Comments

• KaabulkKaabulk Member Posts: 670

Originally posted by F2pPure

Hii, RuneScape is my first MMORPG I've played and you probably heard alot of people begging it cause of the graphics but today I will tell you a differnt story of RuneScape.

RuneScape is one of the biggest MMORPG community in these days, it has alot of quest involve combat or non-comat, it has a great PvP system to divided differnt level to have thier own battles, it has a huge map with monsters. you consider bots and accounts people don't use anymore as a big community? but yea they do have a decent sized community I did have to admit.

Pros:

* Great community with lot of people selling/buying items and talk to you and great helps ( lots of english speakers )

* Exellent PvP system, it's different other MMORPG and don't worry about no1 fight with you cause there are ALOT of players in RuneScape and tell me why people flame you all the time and overuse the word noob...or if your high lvl your a nerd...you kill someone you get flamed, you die you get called a noob. you are a new player noob. plus there is alot of scammers and hackers. And yea I agree the only fun part about this game is PvP which isn't that fun, but better than nothing.

* Huge map

* Alot of skills to choose from, such as combat skills, smithing, mining, woodcutting, crafting.... and way more if you pay to become a member Yea and alot of the skills aren't that different from each other. Think of it this way, you cut yews right? which sells for 250 ea or you can cut magics which sells for 1k ea. or you can fish lobbies for 250 ea the same as yews or fish sharks for 1k same as mages and whats the difference between the two skills? nothing except different products , but they sell for the same price anyway. You can say this game is repetitive. And for huge map, yea the map is okay I give it a 7, but I have seen games with bigger maps.

* you pay to become a member and members have more maps, items, quests, skills, fun. but it's not disaventage to the F2P players, yea which can be a scam designed to make you pay 5 bucks a month designed to take away your life...and its not that much more fun, you lose your full set of guthans then you quit...or get hacked afetr playing 3 years..that did take away the good bit of the "fun."

members and f2p are indiviuals, they are seperate so it won't be unfair to the f1p yea but you occasionally get the member who goes to a f2p world to show off, not that its big of a deal.

* fun holiday events not all of them are fun, you talk to some easter bunny, then you dig for some egg..wow thats "fun"...but "occassionally" they come up with a good reward or a really good event.

* cheap to become a member yea and what of the people living in a trailor park with a laptop...plus it basicly takes away your life..I suggest getting yourself a job instead and make real money. Or be like the chinnese and koreans selling money to the market then get banned.

* NOT REQUIRED download to PLAY I rather download a game that takes 3 hours and go watch a movie while I wait then do alot of pointless clicking which is basicly the only point of the game. Unless you PK, but even there the fun is limitied since it is basicly auto attack. Just attack then go make a sandwitch or something.

easy controls and interface, you will know what to do quickly yea I can't contradict you there

Cons:

* Horrible graphics - I understand cause you don't need to download it to play Yea JaGex intended it that way but they still feel like its a great accomplishment when they make dragons look uglier on one of there updates. thats just total bullshit that the richest people in england decide to spend 50 cents to upgrade the graphics of there only source of revenue.

* Lots of scammers and bots - cause there are alot of players...all kind of people didn't you say they had a great community...?

* you will meet all kind of players in RuneScape (noobs, scammers,  swearing dude, people with unknown language ,good people, ) um if you don't like swearing people then too bad there is alot on these forums including me. Im assuming your underage...plus they have censors.

Others:

* theres a huge bank to store items in and not required to pay to store the items unlike most MMORPG good point there.

* you can use all the magic, range, melee attacks skills in one character yea but thats the only roleplaying element. Whatever happened to rouge, tauren chieftain, warlock, dark mage, blood elf, dwar, ect. My point is thats the only type of combat you can do. And please don't say something like "yea they have rouge under the "theiving" skill which is not really a character class because it doesn't give you a advantage at combat..unless you like clicking on the same guy all day..

* great chatting system its not great since they do not have clan chat, party chat or whatever, but its not horrible either.

* The PvP system

- When you kill someone, you get the items that he/she is equiping and in the inventory yea but then you lose everything if you die too unless your not skulled then you keep 3 items. Oh but thats what makes it hard and challenging. no there is a difference between challenging and total bullshit.

- There are multi and non-multi areas for PvP so you won't get team by a gang good point there.

- Divided into clear zone for different levels so it won't be lvl 100 vs lvl 24 if you don't want to um dude alot of games have that.

- Theres a large zone for people to PvP which is the whole field of North and the rest are safe zone. I like PvP servers and non PvP servers better if you can switch. If you can't switch servers then I did say I like this better.

-  A inventory with 28 spaces, you can put foods (for healingyourself), potions(to boost up your stats), differnt weapons( for different situation), runes( for spell casting). 28 slots isn't alot compared to alot of games.

Graphics      6/10 - horrible but clear I did rate it more about 3-4...but whatever its your review...Im just the critic here...

Fun                8/10 um somehow it seems your copying the official rating off mmorpg.com...and it depends on your oppinion on "fun" but I don't see pointless clicking as fun.

Sound           6.5/10 music is dull and keeping a special collection of worthless music for paying members is complete bullshit and tells you they don't have much competing experince agaisn't other mmorpg's, of course there graphics tell you that too.

Lag                8.5/10 - doesn't lag for my PC at all it laggs on mine some..did give it more like 7, its due to the servers though not my computer.

PvP system  8/10 I did give it 6.5 but whatever.

Community  8/10 - the RS players talks alot...but friendly depends who you talk to..I did give that more like 5-5.5 since alot of high level players are cruel to lower level players and discourage them from playing.

OVERALL - 7.5/10  did give this more like a...4...maybe a 5...but as I said its your review and we are either here to criticise it or approve it.

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

pretty good guide.

And Kaabulk the people who founded Jagex arent the richest people in England... they are about 60th

?

lol someone said something that they are in the top 100th for richest in england according to this magazine...and it's not hard to believe since so many people with sucky computers play it :O
  • pk3rpurepk3rpure Member Posts: 86
    kaabulk stop critisizing runescape. If u can find me a better mmorpg that is browser based then let me know. The reson there are so many spammers on rs2 is beacuse ppl like you go on it and start calling everyone a n00b who plays. So please go fine a different game to go annoy... A game that actually does suck (maple story for example)

Originally posted by pk3rpure

kaabulk stop critisizing runescape. If u can find me a better mmorpg that is browser based then let me know. The reson there are so many spammers on rs2 is beacuse ppl like you go on it and start calling everyone a n00b who plays. So please go fine a different game to go annoy... A game that actually does suck (maple story for example)

lol lmao and people say I flame, its called arguing for one, and this is a example that people flame at me first before I start flamming, although I usually carry all the blame according to some people for some wierd reason. And I don't get on runescape anymore, and no I don't call people noobs or on that critic review I wrote there wouldn't say spammers. And maplestory doesn't suck as much as Runescape in my oppinion although it does suck I agree. And there is no rule preventing me from saying bad stuff about runescape as long as I dont flame and back up my reasons so I just can't say "Runescape suxs" without reasons to back it up with.

Also stop criticizing me, your not aqs bad as me as criticizing Runescape, but your getting there bud.

• fooflingerfooflinger Member Posts: 121
    Originally posted by F2pPure

RuneScape is one of the biggest MMORPG community in these days, it has alot of quest involve combat or non-comat, it has a great PvP system to divided differnt level to have thier own battles, it has a huge map with monsters.

Pros:

* Exellent PvP system, it's different other MMORPG and don't worry about no1 fight with you cause there are ALOT of players in RuneScape

* Huge map

* Alot of skills to choose from, such as combat skills, smithing, mining, woodcutting, crafting.... and way more if you pay to become a member

* you pay to become a member and members have more maps, items, quests, skills, fun. but it's not disaventage to the F2P players,

members and f2p are indiviuals, they are seperate so it won't be unfair to the f1p

* fun holiday events

* cheap to become a member

* NOT REQUIRED download to PLAY

* easy controlls and interface, you will know what to do quickly

Cons:

* Horrible graphics - I understand cause you don't need to download it to play

* Lots of scammers and bots - cause there are alot of players...all kind of people

* you will meet all kind of players in RuneScape (noobs, scammers,  swearing dude, people with unknown language ,good people, )

Others:

* theres a huge bank to store items in and not required to pay to store the items unlike most MMORPG 

* you can use all the magic, range, melee attacks skills in one character

* great chatting system

* The PvP system

- When you kill someone, you get the items that he/she is equiping and in the inventory

- There are multi and non-multi areas for PvP so you won't get team by a gang

- Divided into clear zone for different levels so it won't be lvl 100 vs lvl 24 if you don't want to

- Theres a large zone for people to PvP which is the whole field of North and the rest are safe zone. 

-  A inventory with 28 spaces, you can put foods (for healingyourself), potions(to boost up your stats), differnt weapons( for different situation), runes( for spell casting).

Graphics      6/10 - horrible but clear

Fun                8/10

Sound           6.5/10

Lag                8.5/10 - doesn't lag for my PC at all

PvP system  8/10

Community  8/10 - the RS players talks alot...but friendly

OVERALL - 7.5/10 

Im sorry but good community? The community is probably the worst community in the history of gaming. Plenty of scammers, hackers, and people that will use you, or kill you/hack/scam you latter...The PvP system isnt good either...Walk around in the "wilderness" so you can kill a new player who has no idea where he is for fun! and get 2g! yay! or maybe someone 50 levels higher then you will find you, taunt you, and kill you....Seriously I've seen better. But I guess you're right when you say for new players with crap PCs.

Waiting for: Archeage, Darkfall 2.0, and Planetside 2.

R.I.P Shadowbane; The best MMORPG I've ever played...

Check out my amateur gaming blog at: Thegamingbible.com

yea no one mind my big post..yea just ignore it like all my posts I wrote about Runecape..read the 1st line then quit then start flamming at me...well...its gonig to happen soon if it hasn't happened yet..
  • pk3rpurepk3rpure Member Posts: 86
    Look about stronger ppl kill new ppl: Jagex has put in place many measures to stop this sort of thing happening. Recently a new addition called the wilderness ditch has been created.  Before anyone can enter the wilderness they must read a notice and click accept to enter the wilderness.

Also the community isnt bad overall. You only notice the idiots sooner. Make a few good friends and turn on the private chat only.

The only big issue are auto macros. It gets really annoying when ppl like me work up t o lv 85 wc and sum noob is sitting there chopping down the yew in 1 hit. It pisses me off to see that. Problem is jagex doesn't know how to rid itself of this pest.

Thanks for reading

Originally posted by pk3rpure

Look about stronger ppl kill new ppl: Jagex has put in place many measures to stop this sort of thing happening. Recently a new addition called the wilderness ditch has been created.  Before anyone can enter the wilderness they must read a notice and click accept to enter the wilderness.

Also the community isnt bad overall. You only notice the idiots sooner. Make a few good friends and turn on the private chat only.

The only big issue are auto macros. It gets really annoying when ppl like me work up t o lv 85 wc and sum noob is sitting there chopping down the yew in 1 hit. It pisses me off to see that. Problem is jagex doesn't know how to rid itself of this pest.

Thanks for reading
    um no problem..I read it o_O..lets see how many people read it past the 2nd line...
  • MarooneyesMarooneyes Member Posts: 16

i played 3-4 years as my first mmorpg finding it an awesome game....but after 3-4 years  i couldnt find anymore to do...i found it enjoyable. being my first mmorpg i thought the graphics were good (hehe found out later...). point is its a fun game to pop into if you get bored. my best friend being a lvl 118 finds it the best mmorpg....i still think its fun after 3-4 years and im trying to find my interest again in it

I had to vote for "worsty"...
  • DarkPlanet11DarkPlanet11 Member Posts: 53
    I would rate it as a 3-bad.

StarCraft2 Videos,Go here to see StarCraft2 Videos!
    StarCraft2.com,Go here to check out StarCraft2!

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

It's a good game for a start, but it feels outdated. There are lots of other much better games out there that's free. It's, as OP said, for new players with crappy PC's. When you've once tried another game, well then it's impossible to start playing again. The graphics and everything just feels crappy in comparison.

• ownedyou1ownedyou1 Member Posts: 364
    My PC isn't crappy and i used to play it.

Perhaps you could elaborate on your argument, seen as though thats the only point you seem to be saying

'only people with crappy pcs play it'
    Um if your talking to me, I already put forth my argument which no one really contradicted...
  • Mr.GrinchMr.Grinch Member Posts: 10
    I had to vote 3-bad. It isn't worsty thats too far, it just sucks....

HEAPS

NO! I WILL NOT GIVE YOU PRESENTS!

• AngryHunterAngryHunter Member Posts: 14

Your review of Runescape was pretty good. I agree with several of your points. The reason that I like Runescape is that it is unique. Players have a choice to play for free or get a better version of the game for a montly charge. Another thing I like, is that you can be a range, mage, and warrior with ONE character. Many online game only allow you to be one of those classes with ONE character. Also, there are many skills to raise on Runescape. If you are bored of leveling combat, you can raise skills like woodcutting, firemaking, smithing, mining, etc. The graphics are not so bad. I have seen many games that have worst graphics then Runescape. People that don't play Runescape because of the graphics should reconsider.

• ss4vegito214ss4vegito214 Member Posts: 1
    i dont c what u guys think is so bad about it it has a free and and paid members server with it theres plenty to do in it depending if your a member or not and for a game u can play for free and without having to buy software like other games and members for a month is cheaper than most other games not to mentions over 2 or 3 milliion ppl play it not at a time of course but theres alot of ppl that play it on the servers at 1 times
  • SladelordSladelord Member Posts: 27

i picked 10 because its like the only mmorpg i played but maplestory but i cants download it omg!!

but i think i am pretty good in it

i dont realy care about the grafits

i no i am weird

• DemonZabuzaDemonZabuza Member Posts: 71

Ok the thing is Runescape is a good game if your member.

If your f2p its sucks.

f2p only have like .001% of the stuff p2p has.

The community in member is way better except for the lvl 70s who call you noobs when you kill them.

If you can find a game without some kind of scamming/hacking probelm tell me.

• RSISTDOFFRSISTDOFF Member Posts: 7

Cons-

Bad Graphics

No real Guild/clan system

You lose everything if you die in the Wilderness

While there are many skills(mining, woodcutting), it lacks ALOT of variety.

Immature community

Bots, scammers, no window where another player can alter your item w/o trade

Overuse of "n00b"

Rediculous filtering that you can not switch off

Browser game

Mentioning other MMOs is bannable

Bland combat system, click-and-watch

PvPing is alot of who can eat Lobsters faster

Horrible group play

Bad sound

You can have 3 people mining the same vein, and it varies who gets the resource

Not a very good map

No mount system

WTF is with weight slowing you down/making your run time shorter...

1 playable race

3 basic classes

No variety in character design

EVERYBODY has the same armor becasue there are so little items

Bad emotes

Horrible customer service

No instances

Gardening?

You lose things when you die

Boring music, sounds like keyboard music

The world map is a serperate window

No actual stats for weapons

No world chat or anything, trade, LFG, Local Defense etc.

"Dumb" AI

My rating 1/10

Game Informer's rating 2/10

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188
    Originally posted by RSISTDOFF

Cons-
    Bad Graphics
    No real Guild/clan system
    You lose everything if you die in the Wilderness
    While there are many skills(mining, woodcutting), it lacks ALOT of variety.
    Immature community
    Bots, scammers, no window where another player can alter your item w/o trade
    Overuse of "n00b"
    Rediculous filtering that you can not switch off
    Browser game
    Mentioning other MMOs is bannable
    Bland combat system, click-and-watch
    PvPing is alot of who can eat Lobsters faster
    Horrible group play
    Bad sound
    You can have 3 people mining the same vein, and it varies who gets the resource
    Not a very good map
    No mount system
    WTF is with weight slowing you down/making your run time shorter...
    1 playable race
    3 basic classes
    No variety in character design
    EVERYBODY has the same armor becasue there are so little items
    Bad emotes
    Horrible customer service
    No instances
    Gardening?
    You lose things when you die
    Boring music, sounds like keyboard music
    The world map is a serperate window
    No actual stats for weapons
    No world chat or anything, trade, LFG, Local Defense etc.
    "Dumb" AI
    My rating 1/10
    Game Informer's rating 2/10

Unbalanced PVP

etc etc

I agree with you totally.

One thing and one thing only I liked about RS when I played it - is I met my wife on there!

Anyone who wants to move on from RS and see what a real game is like come play AoC.

• DemonZabuzaDemonZabuza Member Posts: 71

I hate how every1 wants runescape to be like wow...

RUNESCAPE IS NOT WOW

I dont even like how wow has different races.

Nightelfs have big stupid ears.

Drawfs and gnomes are midgits

Orc and Trolls are ugly

• prince0zukoprince0zuko Member Posts: 12

i think that overall the game sux... really bad...

MY RATINGS

Graphics: 0/10

Fun 0/10 pointless clicking isn't wut i call "fun"

[ALL THE OTHER JUNK] 0/10

OVERALL: 0/10

~**DON'T PLAY THIS GAME IF YOU HAVE A LIFE**~