Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PS2 or PC??

Hey I was just wondering if i should buy the game for PC or PS2? plz tell me reasons why.

thank you

~# Ǥp

~# Ǥp

Comments

• DesalusDesalus Member UncommonPosts: 848

Go with the PC version

1. A lot cheaper

2. Keyboard + Mouse = Good

3. You do not need to buy a keyboard like you would for ps2, you already have one

---------------------------------------------
    Killer 86%, Socializer 53%, Explorer 33%, Achiever 26%

• PsycosisPsycosis Member Posts: 362

Added to the reasons of why PC's are better... better geaphics cards, faster loading times, faster zoning times, less lag, you can have ur MP3 list running in the background, Plus, even tho the PS2 is better than the XBOX and Gamecube, it is no where near as good as a PC, and if its a decent PC then the PS2 is about as useful as a pint of hiena hoffel.

Was that a thought I just had, or and echo of a thought I was thinking of having?

<a href="http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/view.php?id=671301&sub=6812">Check out my tunes, download them tho because they sound weird streamed through NG</a>

Was that a thought I just had, or and echo of a thought I was thinking of having?
    --------------------------------------------
    http://www.soundclick.com/wizard-sleeve
    I produce music, DnB, Trance, Metal Fusion, RaP and whatever i feel like. You might like it
    http://www.nexusradio.co.uk - Online radio promoting unsigned artists

• LeSaneLeSane Member Posts: 2

Go with the pc for sure. Take it one step further and get a ps2 controller with a usb hookup.

• thedesktopsthedesktops Member Posts: 4

Quote "Plus, even tho the PS2 is better than the XBOX and Gamecube."

Not really.

ACTUAL SPECS

XBOX
    733 MHZ
    64 MB RAM
    NVIDIA CHIP
    PRODUCES UP TO 125 MILLION POLYGONS PER SECOND.

GAMECUBE
    485 MHZ
    40 MB RAM
    FLIPPER CHIP
    PRODUCES UP TO 12 MILLION POLYGONS (MAY HAVE SUCH A LOW POLY COUNT, BUT IT MAKES UP FOR IT'S SPEED.

PS2
    296 MHZ
    32 MB RAM
    PRODUCES UP TO 75 MILLION POLYGONS PER SECOND

REALLY THE XBOX IS BETTER THAN THE PS2.

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048

Yeah thedes is right even though I wouldn't like to admit it the hardware in an Xbox is better then in a ps2 but what I like about the ps2 is that if you don't have dsl or broadband you can use the online capabilities with dial up and you can't with Xbox live.

Oh and about the actuall topic PC is totally the way to go the only thing that would be cool about ps2 is being able to play FF on a big screen  or something like that.

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048
    Oh forgot this in my last post what do you use ps2 or PC:

• PsycosisPsycosis Member Posts: 362

Originally posted by thedesktops

Quote "Plus, even tho the PS2 is better than the XBOX and Gamecube."Not really.ACTUAL SPECSblah blah blahREALLY THE XBOX IS BETTER THAN THE PS2.

Yeah i know the specs on the Xbox are better, but the overall look, and feel, and gameplay of the PS2 is better, plus the semetrical hand fitting joypads they have are just superb. The games are better than the XBOX, and nearly everything thats on the XBOX you can get on PC, and if you got a decent pc, it runs one hell of alot better. So my personal preferance is PC then PS2, then Gamecube cos its games are fun, then the SNES and NES... then the XBOX... just my opinion tho.

Check out my tunes, download them tho because they sound weird streamed through NG

http://www.soundclick.com/wizard-sleeve
    I produce music, DnB, Trance, Metal Fusion, RaP and whatever i feel like. You might like it
    http://www.nexusradio.co.uk - Online radio promoting unsigned artists

• SwordianSwordian Member Posts: 10
    Buy the pc version of course, its much cheaper, for ps2 you need to buy the network adapter, harddisk. plus  the graphics on pc are much better on your tvimage

• DemonicasDemonicas Member Posts: 102

Originally posted by k11keeper

Oh and about the actuall topic PC is totally the way to go the only thing that would be cool about ps2 is being able to play FF on a big screen  or something like that.

^^^ Somwhat decent Graphics card w/ S-Video (if it dont at least have S-video it aint somwhat decent) + S-Video cable + Big screen = good times better had on PC then PS2. So that eliminates playing on a big screen with PS2 being a reason to get it for PS2.

As if you havnt already guessed it, yes buy the PC version definatly. Yes you have to go through the massive 5 disc installation, and yes you have to download all the patches and updates after the massive installation, but take mine, and every other poster in this forum's advice, PC is the way to go. 

Also i have heard people saying the PS2's controls seem a bit swirvy, as if your PS2 is drunk and makes your character swirve a little. This might not seem like a big deal, but when your in a PT fighting a huge dragon for your lives and your doing skill chains and magic bursts to even have a chance of surviving, every distraction is a potential 1 way trip to your home point. image 

And besides, PC looks soooooo much better then the PS2 version, about the ONLY reason i could think of for getting the PS2 version is that it comes pre-installed on the PS2 hard-drive IE no 5 disc 2 hour installation. So if you were planning on getting a HD for PS2 then yeah go ahead, but if you just want FFXI in all its polygonal glory, then go with PC.

Btw, if anyone wants to get up with me somtimes, send me a /t : Name : Demonicas 22BLM/10WHM World : Gilgamesh

ALL HAIL San d' Oria!!

I saw an angel of death come from the clouds one day, it touched my heart and smiled, then flew away, i felt my heart turn black and cold, and embraced this new power that i now hold

I saw an angel of death come from the clouds one day, it touched my heart and smiled, then flew away, i felt my heart turn black and cold, and embraced this new power that i now hold

• SinGodSinGod Member Posts: 2
    I would think the only reason why u should buy the PS2 version when ur computer is not good.  You dont wanna play ffxi with settings on low.

• herrintherrint Member UncommonPosts: 43

Technically go with which ever floats your bannana boat. 

pc needs memory= money

video card =money

how soon people forget if u dont have the right setup the game isnt worth playing

btw i played on pc no longer play.  now in coh

lvl 55 warrior sylph server retired alot of other jobs lol

• knives22knives22 Member Posts: 375
    go for the pc version..A lot cheaper and better expirience. if you have the right requirements you'll be ready to go..and FFXI does not require a lot of power to play..

and since that day...I have always loved her.....

• DemonicasDemonicas Member Posts: 102

If you want all the bells and wistles on to FFXI in all its glory, then yes you will need a pretty decent rig. But don't forget, graphics don't make the game. I.E. AC2 ( wich i did enjoy but sadly it failed )