Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

runescape is now the best rpg

jimbo833jimbo833 Member Posts: 158
i just relised that runescape is the best rpg...i can live with the crap graphics that dosent bother me..i have not been playing if for 3 months but now im back to playing it..was playing a rpg called silkroad probs with that is i couldnt get on and all u do is fight its to reapeditive.....runescapes quests are fun lots of em and there variyed to killing dragons to proding  mutated sheep...if u agree post and if u have a counter arguemnet post i could rigt a lot more but ill leave it there... add me : name= jimbo833

Comments

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167
    Its a brilliant game but i dont think its quite the best...

?

• KaabulkKaabulk Member Posts: 670

Lol dude first off I think you mean "mmorpg", and second off it being the best is only your oppinion but financially it comes about 3rd or 2nd Behind WoW, Guild Wars, Maybe Everquest, Ragnorok Online maybe and possibly behind Lord of the Rings Online, if not now then soon.

Plus my oppinion is that it sucks because...

1.)Repetitive, think of it this way you cut yews and sell them for 250ea, or cut magics for 1k ea, or you can also fish lobbies and sell them for 250 ea same as yews and/or fish sharks for 1k ea same as magics. The economy needs to diversify a little bit and there is praticly no difference between some of the skills such as Fishing and Woodcutting since you click on both, and sell the products for pretty much the same price. Only difference are the products, but what does it matter your going to get the same for them...

2.)Not much roleplaying. Yes the idea of having a Wizard/Ranger/Warrior all in the same character can be appealing, but whatever happened to the theif/rouge, Tauren Cheiftain, Blood Elf, Night Elf, ect? And why can we only have one character per account...thats just JaGex sucking up more money from us with there scam, since we can have like 10 characters or whatever they allow per account and we only have 1 character per account, what if we want 10 characters? For which game did we have to pay more for?

3.)Community is by far the worst of any mmorpg I have encountered thus far. The game is overaned by the worst fan boys of any game, little kiddies, jackasses who don't like to let you get back your untradeble lava cape when you get pked(of course its your own fault, but still.), Mods who are uber strict of the Code of Conduct where they ban you for naming another mmorpg and saying they can't let you name other mmorpg's for "security reasons" which of course they are afraid of losing players, but I have to cough out..Security reasons? Also some of the mods are retarted..yes retarted as in jackasses since this mod locked this thread where you named your favorite ban and again they say "I Don't want to spill the onions, but naming other bands is the same as naming musicians and we can't allow you to name musicians for security reasons." Whats wrong about naming your favorite band..and security reasons? thats just total bullshit...Also game is overuned by autoers, scammers and hackers who don't let you breathe for a second.

4.)No gaming skills necesary to fight someone which is basicly auto attack, just auto attack and go make a samwich or something.

5.)Saving a special collection of stupid music for "paying members" is just stupid and clearly tells us that they don't have that much experience in the multy-million dollar mmorpg industry. You don't tackle the mmorpg industry with sucky music...you tackle it with good gameplay mechanics and GOOD updates and not some shity ones they make all the time for the favorable lvl 20 over the loyal lvl 126 who has been with them for years.

6.)End game content is...bullshit, there is almost nothing a lvl 126 can do and a lvl 70-100 can't do either, such as the kelphite queen which is one of the hardest things to fight in the game behind the fight pit mini game. And you can still encounter a whole bunch of lvl 70's-100's owning the Kelphite Queen and in the past there has been some lvl 70's owning at the fight pits mini game which is about 99 rounds or however long it is of countless waves of monsters. Absolutely no end game content for the loyal lvl 126 that has been playing for years for him just alone. Do you want to reach the long time goal of lvl 126 that everyone wants and just repeat what you have done for years?

7.)When you die you lose everything except three items, but you can still lose them if skulled. Yes you might like that if you own at pking, but what about does that are unlucky in this fighting system entirely based on luck? Oh, but thats what makes it hard and challenging. No there is a difference between hard and challenging and total bullshit.

8.)Only point to the game is to click. You click to fight. You click to cook, fish, woodcut, theiving and all the other skills they have. and you click to move. Whatever happened to the wasd movement or at least the arrow keys? Oh yea thats right they use the arrow keys to be able to move the camera, but why couldn't they make it the number pad on the right on your computer, making the 4 left, 8 is up, 6 is right, and 2 is down. They are clearly marked by arrows on my keyboard, not sure about yours and we can always use the numbers above the letters on your keyboard. That way we can always type, move camera, and move with arrow keys all at the same time.

9.)80% of the Official Forums is overaned by little kids or mental retards. Trust me I know from experience. If you are going to use the forums I suggest you only buy/sell items on the forums. If you are going to join a clan I suggest you look through the last few pages of there thread and look at the types of posts people in the clan made to decide wether the clan is mature and mental retard free, or it is raned by little kiddies and retards.

10.)Andrew and Paul are among the richest people in England getting over 7.5 million a month from paying members and 20 million from there advertisements. And what do they do with it? investing 20 bucks in the game and 50 cents in the graphics certainly tells me that they just store it in there little piggy bank and count it with there fat asses all day long.

That's all I got to say for now. I have more reasons, but I think 10 reasons is certainly enough to tell you my point.

• NohaiNohai Member Posts: 17

... What level is your character (Jimbo833) in RuneScape?

It's not a Role Playing Game... There's no dice anywhere.

Originally posted by Nohai

... What level is your character (Jimbo833) in RuneScape?
       It's not a Role Playing Game... There's no dice anywhere.
    um look him up on the highscores or something...
  • rabadaglanrabadaglan Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by Kaabulk

Lol dude first off I think you mean "mmorpg", and second off it being the best is only your oppinion but financially it comes about 3rd or 2nd Behind WoW, Guild Wars, Maybe Everquest, Ragnorok Online maybe and possibly behind Lord of the Rings Online, if not now then soon.
    1.)Repetitive, think of it this way you cut yews and sell them for 250ea, or cut magics for 1k ea, or you can also fish lobbies and sell them for 250 ea same as yews and/or fish sharks for 1k ea same as magics. The economy needs to diversify a little bit and there is praticly no difference between some of the skills such as Fishing and Woodcutting since you click on both, and sell the products for pretty much the same price. Only difference are the products, but what does it matter your going to get the same for them...
    2.)Not much roleplaying. Yes the idea of having a Wizard/Ranger/Warrior all in the same character can be appealing, but whatever happened to the theif/rouge, Tauren Cheiftain, Blood Elf, Night Elf, ect? And why can we only have one character per account...thats just JaGex sucking up more money from us with there scam, since we can have like 10 characters or whatever they allow per account and we only have 1 character per account, what if we want 10 characters? For which game did we have to pay more for?
    3.)Community is by far the worst of any mmorpg I have encountered thus far. The game is overaned by the worst fan boys of any game, little kiddies, jackasses who don't like to let you get back your untradeble lava cape when you get pked(of course its your own fault, but still.), Mods who are uber strict of the Code of Conduct where they ban you for naming another mmorpg and saying they can't let you name other mmorpg's for "security reasons" which of course they are afraid of losing players, but I have to cough out..Security reasons? Also some of the mods are retarted..yes retarted as in jackasses since this mod locked this thread where you named your favorite ban and again they say "I Don't want to spill the onions, but naming other bands is the same as naming musicians and we can't allow you to name musicians for security reasons." Whats wrong about naming your favorite band..and security reasons? thats just total bullshit...Also game is overuned by autoers, scammers and hackers who don't let you breathe for a second.
    4.)No gaming skills necesary to fight someone which is basicly auto attack, just auto attack and go make a samwich or something.
    5.)Saving a special collection of stupid music for "paying members" is just stupid and clearly tells us that they don't have that much experience in the multy-million dollar mmorpg industry. You don't tackle the mmorpg industry with sucky music...you tackle it with good gameplay mechanics and GOOD updates and not some shity ones they make all the time for the favorable lvl 20 over the loyal lvl 126 who has been with them for years.
    6.)End game content is...bullshit, there is almost nothing a lvl 126 can do and a lvl 70-100 can't do either, such as the kelphite queen which is one of the hardest things to fight in the game behind the fight pit mini game. And you can still encounter a whole bunch of lvl 70's-100's owning the Kelphite Queen and in the past there has been some lvl 70's owning at the fight pits mini game which is about 99 rounds or however long it is of countless waves of monsters. Absolutely no end game content for the loyal lvl 126 that has been playing for years for him just alone. Do you want to reach the long time goal of lvl 126 that everyone wants and just repeat what you have done for years?
    7.)When you die you lose everything except three items, but you can still lose them if skulled. Yes you might like that if you own at pking, but what about does that are unlucky in this fighting system entirely based on luck? Oh, but thats what makes it hard and challenging. No there is a difference between hard and challenging and total bullshit.
    8.)Only point to the game is to click. You click to fight. You click to cook, fish, woodcut, theiving and all the other skills they have. and you click to move. Whatever happened to the wasd movement or at least the arrow keys? Oh yea thats right they use the arrow keys to be able to move the camera, but why couldn't they make it the number pad on the right on your computer, making the 4 left, 8 is up, 6 is right, and 2 is down. They are clearly marked by arrows on my keyboard, not sure about yours and we can always use the numbers above the letters on your keyboard. That way we can always type, move camera, and move with arrow keys all at the same time.
    9.)80% of the Official Forums is overaned by little kids or mental retards. Trust me I know from experience. If you are going to use the forums I suggest you only buy/sell items on the forums. If you are going to join a clan I suggest you look through the last few pages of there thread and look at the types of posts people in the clan made to decide wether the clan is mature and mental retard free, or it is raned by little kiddies and retards.
    10.)Andrew and Paul are among the richest people in England getting over 7.5 million a month from paying members and 20 million from there advertisements. And what do they do with it? investing 20 bucks in the game and 50 cents in the graphics certainly tells me that they just store it in there little piggy bank and count it with there fat asses all day long.
    That's all I got to say for now. I have more reasons, but I think 10 reasons is certainly enough to tell you my point.
     amen.
    I feel like a preacher
  • smzee27smzee27 Member Posts: 1
    It has its flaws but being able to play it on nearly any PC with only a few minutes of load time is a big plus point.
  • JakardJakard Member Posts: 415
    I'm not sure that anything that you've said makes Runescape the best mmorpg. It might actually be the best "free" mmorpg. Although, even that would be up for debate. It's hard for me to seriously believe that anyone could think that Runescape is a better game than World of Warcraft or Guild Wars or Everquest 2 or Lord of the Rings Online. We're all entitled to our opinions though and I shall respect yours.. just disagree.
    Originally posted by smzee27

It has its flaws but being able to play it on nearly any PC with only a few minutes of load time is a big plus point.
    I rather download a 3 hour game, go watch a movie while waiting rather than a whole bunch of pointless clicking in a game that isn't any fun. If you can't get away from the computer for 3 hours I think you might have a serious problem.
  • SetokiraSetokira Member Posts: 44
    YES YES i agree. as many REAL gammers have said it is a poor mans ever quest. first the graphics they suck! second u have to CLICK to play thats very un cool, and also the game seems very NERDY cmon. Anmie games and GOOD grphics is what makes a geek's game. oh yeah a geek is a COOL nerd. oh here the myth busters r geeks. gettin paid to blow stuff up ASOME. any way i reall think the runescape is very lame. when i first played the toturial was booring. and i diddnt figure out how to speak. also the having to travel longs ways to get rune for magic. thats lame. ok i play Endless Online. many of you thinks its sucks. it DID, with the newer versions its much better! u wepons increase stats. diffent wepons increas atk in differnt ways. lik the ultima increases atk by 1-7 the dgger 1-2. plus different class gain more or less atk from wepons. im play as a mage. i gain 1-2 atk from a dagger. my warrior friend ains like 1-3 1-5. also in endless its a FREE download. everything is FREE no member ship . in rune scape nonmembers get 5% of the item content i hear members get 95% more itemas avaible the nonmembers. alos endless is not finished it's still being worked on. We havea pvp arena. that way JERKS cant kill u when u lookin hard for something. And i hit like 5-5 with my vare hands im lvl7 i have 5str aND 14INT. a friend on rune secpae (nonmember hits 7dmg with like 30 str and slash or watever LAME Endless has dodge now and def and accuracy. serously i STILL think ENdless is better than rune scape.  i played runescape i could not stand it it SUCKED. i maen BattleOn's adventure quest was better. any way Endless has 6 classes 4 or active and 2 our still be worked on. but they may be active now i have been on in 2mounths. Also we have lots of bosses and the spawn rate is up 25%. any way give endless anyohter try. Also all the pervs and freaks are onnewbie island. The  newbisland is how the Admins keep sex freaks out of the real wrld where the real players r so lvlup its 100exp to lvl 1 goats drop 8 exp now and give it a try.Thank youOh also reason 10 GOLDEN i love it a great reasonALSO ON ENDLESS U USE CRT TO FIGHT KEY BORAD TO TALK ARROW KEYS TO MOVE F1 THROUGH F12 TO USE SPELLS(SHORT CUTS) CLICK TO USE A SPELL ON AN ENIMY AND CLICK TO MOVE OR PICK UP SOMETHING. THE ADMINS WORK REAL HARD. AND IF U WANNA TALK ABOUT UR FAVORITE MUSIC BAND THEY DONT CARE. THEY HAVE ALOT MORE FREEDOM.SCAMMERS HACKERSGETGAME JAIL IT SUCKS. IF R REPEAT OFFENDER THE SEND A FILE TO UR PC BLOCKING U FROM GETTING ON THE GAME. PLUS ALOT OF PLAYERS READ MANGA TALK ABOUT BANDS GET INTO VERBAL FIGHTS THREATAN TO KICK U BUT IN THE PK IF U DISS THEM. NOT THAT MANY nerdy FANBOYS. i Really like endless alot better ALOT> so try endless cmon TRY IT!
    Originally posted by rabadaglan

Originally posted by Kaabulk

amen.

• Runny123Runny123 Member Posts: 177
    Originally posted by jimbo833

i just relised that runescape is the best rpg...i can live with the crap graphics that dosent bother me..i have not been playing if for 3 months but now im back to playing it..was playing a rpg called silkroad probs with that is i couldnt get on and all u do is fight its to reapeditive.....runescapes quests are fun lots of em and there variyed to killing dragons to proding  mutated sheep...if u agree post and if u have a counter arguemnet post i could rigt a lot more but ill leave it there... add me : name= jimbo833
    LAWL
  • AethiosAethios Member Posts: 1,527

Originally posted by Jakard
    It's hard for me to seriously believe that anyone could think that Runescape is a better game than World of Warcraft or Guild Wars or Everquest 2 or Lord of the Rings Online.

I do.

My biggest problem in the game is the huge amount of people like the OP who have the IQ of a bar of soap, and can barely spell their own name. Beyond that, it's great.

• pk3rpurepk3rpure Member Posts: 86
    Runescape has ups and downs. Personally i don't play, but i know many people who play it and enjoy it. What wrong with a bit of grpahics that suck? That can be upgraded... the whole gameplay cant. Any way kaabulk is rite about the fishing and wc. It neva changes, mayb if they came out wif rs3 and fixed dat then it wud b good.

• ZorwrathZorwrath Member Posts: 63
    You can tell how stupid this game is by the players' grammar.
  • thetankthetank Member Posts: 200
    It is a good MMO.

It is not the best MMO.

Point Closed.

• Mr.GrinchMr.Grinch Member Posts: 10
    Thank you. Now this thread is closed good bye everyone. and never bring up this subject again...

NO! I WILL NOT GIVE YOU PRESENTS!

• jimbo833jimbo833 Member Posts: 158
    lol if isnt repeditive with fishing and wc..wow and other mmo games like wow is repititve like hell coz all u do is fight..i dont realy like figfhting all that much...and for the 8 time i can live with the graphics if its a gd game which rs is!!
  • Eraser55Eraser55 Member Posts: 142
    lol.. you are all geeks cause your playing with elves and that shit..

I mean just read what you are writing.. : "This game sux cause it doesnt have night elves"

"I hate runescape cause everyone is killing me.. and the quests suck they dont have big horses so i can go faster"

"Im level 126 and there is nothing to do when you reach level 126.. that sux.."

WHAT The hell were you doing between level 1-126???????!!!!!!!  GRINDING!

Losers

My cool sig: Turrets suck.

• jimbo833jimbo833 Member Posts: 158

to previos post..u can get skills up wen u 126 and u say it crap coz u keep getting owned at lvl 126 i find it hard to belive..to go fast u can tele

• PteranodonPteranodon Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by Mr.Grinch

Thank you. Now this thread is closed good bye everyone. and never bring up this subject again...
    Hellooooooo? Anybody listening to Mr Grinch?

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

/me wonders if OP has ever payed for an MMO.

However runescape itself is not an really bad game. I do not like it myself although I do like the concept. It gives you a lot of freedom to develop you charater in differand way it has an good production system (well an fun one). Wurm online is however better as it involves more working together to actualy do something huge (making cities and building wonders), becouse that is what I found lacking in runescape, any sence of community (Although I have to admit it has been a few years I played it).

However overall I do belive it is playable and can understand why some poeple might enjoy it.

• brownspankbrownspank Member Posts: 247

I've tried Runescape a long time ago, and didn't really get into it. So it's not the best game FOR ME. I'm sure other people enjoy it, but FOR ME, it doesn't work. I'm sure there's a lot of content there that people with particular tastes will find worthwhile, but FOR ME, I didn't find it.

FOR ME. :)

• SoraynSorayn Member Posts: 17
    Being for free I donT' mid the game mechanics, the reptitiveness or the graphics much.

It's a nice pass of time when you have nothing to do.

However I will agree that much of the community is quite immature and just a pain in the ass.
  • dan7dan7 Member Posts: 49
    Well i used to play runescape, it was fun. But i agree to whoever said it that there was no sense of community. I got into it for sometime, but then i just stopped because it just got boring. But overall it was a fun game. And it would be much better if their were guilds and player building put in.
  • DemonZabuzaDemonZabuza Member Posts: 71

Runescape is only good if your member.

Add me and ill kill you ^.^

~Demonzabuza