Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rappelz

SnippleSnipple Member Posts: 111
 What are peoples thoughts on this game? I am thinking of getting it but first i want to know what everyone else thinks of it

Comments

• SourajitSourajit Member UncommonPosts: 472

Well am playing Rappelz for quite sometime.The game is good.There are 2 ways to succeed in this game i guess.One way is go and do numerous quests and in a way thats good because boss kills drop good stuff.The other is do dungeons.I did a mix of both and you really need a very good typing , communication and team building capability to do dungeons.At levels below 20 you run out of enough players to play in team and in dugeons.At higher levels i dont know still as my character is nearing level 26.

Its free and it tells you buy game items from their shop.People say if you do not buy then you will be gimped , thus it provides an added challenge for playing it to make a toon which is not gimped and that also without paying.If you have friends playing along with you then i think you don't have a problem doing dungeons as you can make a guild out of 8 people and these 8 people can also populate the required professions to do dungeons and power leveling.Cannot say much about pvping as i hardly have the patience to go and pvp other than extracting the fun of team building and gaming.

Graphics , i think its good though its a bit hard on your computer as the data transfer and the game play processing takes a bit hard hand at your Ram.Towns are laggy but not unplayable.It gets nearly stuck and very slow but never completely crashes in towns.Sometimes becomes a bit of a nerd when you do not find people to play along and you have to do solo quests.Entered a guild of low level players and i guess at lower levels you needed steaming energetic mates for gameplay.However at higher levels you should look for a populated guild to carry on doing the boss quests to find players to play along.

Map is good , looks till now quite vast with ample items to make it navigable well but the navigation speed depended on pets and thus becomes a bit slow.Hireable , tameable , rideable and  damagable , all types of pets are there and there are ways where you can have seperate pets for seperate jobs.But the movement is slow thus making you aware of the map when travelling.

Gameplay , skills , items and twinking are not that very complicated as anarchy online and again not as simple as diablo.Compared to other existing f2ps the game has an edge and involvement.Drops suck and the economy sucks too but somehow it keeps your interest to better your toon with the art of investing most of your rewards.

April will see the launch of 2moon and its a worth comparison with rappelz both being f2ps.Played 9Dragons  , a bit lonely game with little and may be no team participation possible and the chat window there is quite blank with no players trying helps or asking questions.Quests are nice juicy ones in 9Dragons and as far as martial arts and gameplay , the stress on toon development is not merely on strength but also you can learn different martial arts move to make the toons look good while fighting.

I am playing 5 f2ps simultaneously and a p2p.My p2p being anarchy online i guess i spend more time with rappelz.However if i do not find teams for dungeons in rappelz i log out for a different game as killing million monsters is what you get very bored ultimately.

Thus to make a long story short for Rappelz :-

1. Gameplay and Graphics are way better than Anarchy Online.If you played anarchy i think you understand what i mean to say.

2. Not that much guild depended to find stuff and complete quests.You can take many quests at a time and hunt for a while killing many monsters and thus completing quests simultaneously and quickly.Quests overlap with same monster killing requirement.

3.Community is a bit ignorant.

4.Worth playing for sometime till it gets washed out with new releases like 2moons etc.Though if they make the Dungeon's system oriented teaming which is the latest idea then i think the fun will linger a bit.In system oriented teaming you put necessary information of the toon and team forms through system and the team members just need to accept to meet where they are to play.

5.Grind is less than lineage 2 which is a p2p.

Cheers.

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

" Don't listen to anyone who tells you that you can't play this or that. That's nonsense. Make up your mind,and you'll never whine or repent about gaming hours anymore, then have a go at every Game. Open up the Internet, join in all the Mmorpgs you can. Go make the Guild. But never, never let them persuade you that things are too difficult or impossible. "

Once An Addict Always An Addict .

• MiNaAuMiNaAu Member Posts: 382
    sorry this is irrelevant but I had to point it out. Anarchy Online is F2P

Doh is Rappelz a p2p?

They have the item shop but i have yet not accessed it.

On a note with games like Dungeon Runners , 2moons , Sun  etc all coming up as p2p , I dont see any point in going back to Rappelz.

Anarchy Expansions also went f2p for me after playing it for 2 years , but ShadowLands lagged the hell and its camping oriented gameplay brought me out of it. I still do pay the monthly as i brought the year 2007 - 2008 for lost eden but i guess its my bad luck its too much guilding stuff again.

Anarchy online is a f2p and Rappelz is also a f2p but graphics of Rappelz is better than Anarchy , that is what i wanted to say.

Man 2moons and then Sun , i guess this threads are history now.

Cheers.

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

" Don't listen to anyone who tells you that you can't play this or that. That's nonsense. Make up your mind,and you'll never whine or repent about gaming hours anymore, then have a go at every Game. Open up the Internet, join in all the Mmorpgs you can. Go make the Guild. But never, never let them persuade you that things are too difficult or impossible. "

Hehe was playing this game for a month now.Its a damn frustrating game.I just wish 2moons takes me out of this mess of a game.My sorcerer toon is level 45 and the difficulties i face are really weird.I play in bahamut server and it lags me out often.Now comes the dungeon part , the way to spiders is through wall walking / bugging and i died 25+ times trying to do this at the last stage of the journey.Damn this is frustrating like hell.I dont know what others think of this game after 45ish but this is crap , this is no skill this is a try method that fails and suffers from lag and what not.I wish my misery ends soon and i get rid of this game with something logical.

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

• BigMangoBigMango Member UncommonPosts: 1,821

I have started to play this month, I never got any lag.

I have left Lineage 2, Vanguard and lotro for Rappelz. I don't care if it is free to play or not; I just find it to be better and more fun to play than the other mmos I have played. Where Vanguard is lacking a fun factor, Rappelz is fun, I actually want to log in and play the game.
    Reasons for leaving Rappelz :-

Here what happened at level 50+ , was doing Lost Mines a bit but really this dungeon do not have that much of population as Moons have so it was like lfdp for quite a time.Then comes your armour upgrades which go very costly.There was no second job so kind of getting jp and xp became somewhat pointless.

Now Rappelz is a f2p but key items like eprotect powder are sold in item mall along with chaos stone to upgrade the necklace for more lak accumulation and longer hours of gameplay was to be found again in Hidden Village and thats again item mall.

On my way to Lost mines lag got me quite a few times and death and loss of xp and the re-journey to that distance really became a bit of like time killing rather than playing.

Yeah if you are thinking of repeating all the professions to level 50 through Moons then i guess it will last quite a long time , but again Rpg players like to go to the top with a single toon and then may be play an alt after the end game , so this end game seemed at 50+.

Easter event did give me a very few useful items but i guess item mall rules it in and out and if i am thinking of spending then why not look for City Of Heroes or Wow as a matter of fact.

As a beginner  the game was nice and can be improved a ton by making the quests strictly item driven rather than jp and xp which is found in Moons much faster and with fun.

Another thing would be very cool if they can somehow make the dungeon teaming process like Warrock with players joining from distance like in a window of ongoing team makings and the leaders just assigning 2 key professions that need to be there as a cleric is a must i guess.

Well if second job is on and if Lost Mines is with population then may be will get a look into it again , till then it will be an icon in my desktop.

Tried to update Rappelz a few times also but found that the updater keeps on saying " Time Out " , want to find if i need to reinstall the game and then start a fresh.

These are a few reasons , hope the game gets better and better for population to rise and eventually this tiny bits here and there are fixed to make it as popular as Anarchy Online or Wow , it really has the metal to be that popular just needs a bit of fixes i guess , summon of feather price needs to be dropped and made available as return scrolls are.

I can really go on but for now i will leave as City Of Heroes is really way interesting than Rappelz or 9Dragons , atleast seems so at the beginning , till then " Happy Gaming To You All ".

Cheers

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

• BigMangoBigMango Member UncommonPosts: 1,821
    @ Sourajit:

The Epic 4 update which adds the 2nd professions, guild alliances, new areas, etc... has already landed on the Korean servers  last month (April), so we should get it later this month (some say early June). So that's in 2 - 3 weeks 
  • darkness2003darkness2003 Member Posts: 9
    I played Rappelz for about 2 months, got to level 56 with job lvl 48, some reasons I left is because the game is very dependent on having a team, and if you start DPing which is Dungeon partying, you get addicted to it, then when you can't find a party you find nothing else to do, hence leading to the quitting of this game, another thing is, it's hell getting money on this game, specially with armors and weapons being so damn pricey, and by the way.. people in bahamut server aren't that friendly. don't know about the other servers... oh and another reason I quit, i gave up waiting for the 2nd job release.
    Unfriendly people on bahamut server ? Want to find , the community is nice and a bit of this and that , may be a bit of words thrown are part of gaming , nothing is meant serious. Well people will be nice if you are nice to them. Rappelz do not have great community like City Of Heroes but as an f2p it indeed is a better community than the other f2ps like Anarchy Online without expansion one.

In Anarchy Online i was in a guild and in a fine morning a few guild members decided they will sell the stuff through a trader and thus we handed over stuff to our guild assistant leader or so , next few hours the assistant vanished , the guild got liquidated , atleast Rappelz have guilds which are a bit off full with inactive players but the guilds do not have members who are looking to con you out of a game.If you are looking for community and teaming and great gaming packed and loaded with everything you miss in one game and have in another i would suggest you to try City Of Heroes trial.I tried the trial with the wicked interest of playing it a bit , but when i tried it and played for like 13 days there was only one option left to me to arrange a purchase.

Rapplez as an f2p is not bad but it does have a weak development side. I do still wonder why asian games lack development as programmers , designers and content editors are in high volume in that part of the world and it also costs much less to develop a game and add content to it. Asia lacks creative heads , to be honest asian games either become a clone or they follow the development out of their own whims.For example if you see Rappelz , the towns are laggy like hell  and what remedy do you see , almost nothing.

Dungeons are meant to be fun and addictive. Though in Rappelz team building get clumsy due to a teams over dependence on a single profession ( ! C L E R I C ! ) and the other reason being summon of feather being too costly.The first problem of cleric dependence has no remedy but summon of feather remedy could be done like the other remedy of no pets in town , special designated zones in town for player shops.May be they could add another class  that functions like cleric or may be a particular aura attribute so that teams can be formed without a cleric even with a kahuna may be.If you are looking for playing team gaming and dungeons in Rappelz , my best bet will be playing a cleric or a strider or a kahuna.My sorcerer never use to get teams in Rappelz but i fought my way to +50 levels.

Even sometimes in Rappelz i have seen people posting , looking for party striders , kahunas , holy warriors and clerics only.This is where Rappelz i think is a bit disbalanced but you got to live with healers and sweet talk them and do what not to make them play with you.Use your communication skills as sweetly as possible when dealing with a cleric.

Thanks Big for the advice on 2nd profession will log at the end of this month to find out hows the 2nd profession looking.

Cheers

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

• zethcarnzethcarn Member UncommonPosts: 1,558
    I'm thinking of trying it for lack of any other MMOs to play right now.
  • bribearbribear Member Posts: 9
    Rappelz is quite fun at the beginning. At the moment i am a lvl 29 Fighter, and its been quite fun so far. But now its starting to get a bit boring for me but i still continue to play. Quests are fun to do and there are a wide range of skills available. And Rappelz has not been out as long as other games, so the community is still growing =) So i would suggest trying it...the only thing that annoyed me was the 1.3gb client download... LOL. And epic 4 is coming soon, i'm looking forward to that! Oh yeah one more thing...in games like Silkroad there is a lot of people around and you kill creatures much faster. Rappelz seems like there is much less people and the time it takes to kill 1 creature takes a while for me :S so its a more slower paced game if you know what i mean...

• gillvane1gillvane1 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,503
    Point n click movement and item mall = wasted space on my hard drive. Your mileage may vary.
  • gamethrillgamethrill Member Posts: 2

The game Rappelz is a pretty good game, graphics, 10, gameplay, 8.5, and pet system gets a nice 8.5 too, but the drop system for pet wanters is a bit of a bummer because I got a red pixie card once in 20 mins but its been 2 week and still no card yet, i've decided to solo in dungeon because i'm level 43, and first dungion monsters for a hw with patnera hunter not so bad, so I can level quickly and soloing in a lower level dungeons gives you incredible xp, and having a friend whos a sorecerer will pay off when I need pet buffs and when I need a pet to get tamed like my soon to be blue pixie!

Game crazy? what can I say its my specialty...

• iceymangaziceymangaz Member Posts: 7

when it says enter confrimation code all i get is a big red box...  W T F

• OrionStarOrionStar Member Posts: 378