Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta invites and players

TacolaTacola Member CommonPosts: 263

I was wondering how restrictive the agreement is for beta. I have seen a few movies about TR, but it would be nice to hear some comments from beta about gameplay from a person who is actually playing beta. Not really anything to specific but, thinks like is the game going to live up to the hype in your opinion. Doesnt appear they are any special attacks like tranditional MMOs just different weapons. I did hear in a narrated video about getting a critical hit allowed a chance for a more powerful attack? Looking at the UI how would that be executed? How do you determine the level of a mob? I couldn't see if the sticky target showed level, if looked like it just show health.

Also, about allowing more into beta. It was said they are allowing a 100 maybe 1000 a week. Is there a perticual day of the week when the new beta emails are sent? Are the numbers I have mentioned right or close? I have been a COH/COV sub since about 6 months before COV came out, doesnt that help at all with getting into beta? And is there anything that does help getting into beta.

I have played MMOs for almost 7 years, including EQ, SWG, COH/COV, EVE, VG, DDO, SOR, EQ2, WoW, and Horizons. This looks like it is a different take on the MMO, I am tring not to get overhyped, VG is reason for that. Any info would be great.

Comments

• _Shadowmage_Shadowmage Member Posts: 1,459

The beta agreement will be a typical Non Disclosure Agreement - which means anyone in the Beta is not allowed to say anything.

I expect when its close to open beta then they will lift the NDA so people can talk more about the game. Until then all we know is what is released in interviews, videos etc.

And they have 70,000 applicants for Beta. So unless you know someone who works there who can bump up your application I dont know what else to suggest.

• EichenkatzeEichenkatze Member Posts: 340

From what i understand.. tabula rasa beta invites will be done pretty much randomly and by age... in that i mean 18+ of course..

I doubt that if you have played another one of NCsoft's subscription games (in terms of publishing) that you'll get an advantage above other players. As despite doing so... there are many more with a larger range of NCsoft games under their belt or longer periods of time that would get the list before you or even I would be considered.. but regardless of that... i beleive it is purely random.

As for the beta agreements, as above.. probably the standard NDA agreement. What you see will not be spoken of... or you're in a heap of lawsuit trouble and account expulsion/blacklisting. mm-fun.

Everquest - 2000 - '02
    Anarchy Online - '01-'02
    Earth and Beyond - '02-'04
    Star Wars Galaxies - '03-'06('07)
    World of Warcraft - '04-'07
    Age of Conan - '08 - shelved.
    -Waiting on-
    Star Trek Online
    SW: The Old Republic

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • psydexpsydex Member Posts: 187

Are you allowed to come straight forward out and say that you're in the beta test?

Sure, you just can't release ANY new information to the market.. anything they've released.. you can talk freely about.. but if they haven't... if you want to keep your beta.. you don't say a word lol.

Everquest - 2000 - '02
    Anarchy Online - '01-'02
    -Waiting on-
    Star Trek Online

• Gamer5389Gamer5389 Member Posts: 77
    There's been a few people on other forums posting that they got into the beta and no reports of banning for that. One person did get banned but it was for briefly (less than 150 words) discussing his impressions of the aiming and quest system.
    Originally posted by Gamer5389

There's been a few people on other forums posting that they got into the beta and no reports of banning for that. One person did get banned but it was for briefly (less than 150 words) discussing his impressions of the aiming and quest system.
    Well that sucks, =/

I wonder when the next call will be for more testers speaking of..

Everquest - 2000 - '02
    Anarchy Online - '01-'02
    -Waiting on-
    Star Trek Online

About 2500 - includes EU (which started closed beta when we did) and another 1000 are going out Friday.

This post from CuppaJo over at the stratics forum. So both U.S and E.U testing underway with another 1000 invites going out this friday.

Woo, more invites this friday too? I've still got a chance! Giggity giggity! Thanks Shadow.

Everquest - 2000 - '02
    Anarchy Online - '01-'02
    -Waiting on-
    Star Trek Online

• MuffinStumpMuffinStump Member UncommonPosts: 474

Lloyd: What are the chances of a guy like you and a girl like me... ending up together?
    Mary: Well, that's pretty difficult to say.
    Lloyd: Hit me with it! I've come a long way to see you, Mary. The least you can do is level with me. What are my chances?
    Mary: Not good.
    Lloyd: You mean, not good like one out of a hundred?
    Mary: I'd say more like one out of a million.
    [pause]
    Lloyd: So you're telling me there's a chance.

:)

Originally posted by MuffinStump

Lloyd: What are the chances of a guy like you and a girl like me... ending up together?

Lloyd: Hit me with it! I've come a long way to see you, Mary. The least you can do is level with me. What are my chances?

[pause]

Haha, i'd like to look on lloyd's side for this one. I can at least be hopeful and give it a shot. You never know. So far there have been invites every Friday.. so.. the odds are getting better!

Everquest - 2000 - '02
    Anarchy Online - '01-'02
    -Waiting on-
    Star Trek Online

• yegnatsyegnats Member Posts: 157
    Originally posted by Eichenkatze

Originally posted by MuffinStump

[pause]

Haha, i'd like to look on lloyd's side for this one. I can at least be hopeful and give it a shot. You never know. So far there have been invites every Friday.. so.. the odds are getting better!

Our chances would also be better than Lloyd, as there aren't a million applicants for the beta. Just somewhere over 100,000.

Once you go go whack, you'll never go back.

What is this "whack", you say? Check out the links!
    http://www.thenewmystics.com
    http://www.joyrevolution.com
    http://www.thenewecstatics.co.uk

• Deadaye13Deadaye13 Member Posts: 106
    Ya, NCSoft along with other big names like Sony and companies have over 100k applicants per game, no matter what the game.  People sign up simply for the chance of getting in.  Not because they like the game or anything, just the idea of getting into a beta.  This makes it very unfair for people like us who REALLY want to get into something like this.

Patience is a virtue...*twitches from SWG beta*

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

All Your Base Are Belong To Us
    Achiever 86%
    Killer 80%
    Explorer 26%
    Socializer 6%

• yegnatsyegnats Member Posts: 157
    Well, it's Friday again, no beta invite for me. Hope maybe next week they'll up the amount of invites to 1,500.

Once you go go whack, you'll never go back.

What is this "whack", you say? Check out the links!
    http://www.thenewmystics.com
    http://www.joyrevolution.com
    http://www.thenewecstatics.co.uk

• JookboxJookbox Member Posts: 29
    hey i just got in this weekend. i totally forgot i applied for the beta! about to go jump on now
  • MidnitteMidnitte Member Posts: 510

Originally posted by yegnats
    Well, it's Friday again, no beta invite for me. Hope maybe next week they'll up the amount of invites to 1,500.
    Or just wait for the open beta =D

I just can't wait to see how this game plays, seems very interesting and am hoping to get in to >.<

yer lucky for getting an invite Snooters =(

• ZaceZace Member Posts: 77

I have to admit this is one game I am really looking forward to try!

• AZAlex86AZAlex86 Member UncommonPosts: 157
    Originally posted by Deadaye13

Ya, NCSoft along with other big names like Sony and companies have over 100k applicants per game, no matter what the game.  People sign up simply for the chance of getting in.  Not because they like the game or anything, just the idea of getting into a beta.  This makes it very unfair for people like us who REALLY want to get into something like this.

Patience is a virtue...*twitches from SWG beta*
    They want people who aren't interested in the game. It is an essential part of marketting.

If they can hook people who have never heard of the game, or have no idea what the game is about, that's good for them. More subscriptions.

It is also an essential part of testing.

People who generally have a feel for what the game is will usually be able to go through content faster than those new to the genre/game. It gives them valuable feedback in making the game a more streamlined experience. And in doing so is very promotional towards their final sales when the game is officially released.

They primarily focus on this phase during Open Beta, however, they do not ignore it in Closed Beta either. They want a lot of people on the project for long-term...most people not interested in the game who try the game in Open Beta will simply quit their account within a matter of days. People who join in Closed Beta tend to stick around longer.

In essence, those people who are getting in before you may be helping the game by ensuring it will remain on it's feet after launch.

Of course there are some bad eggs, but this was the general view.
    Originally posted by Snooters

hey i just got in this weekend. i totally forgot i applied for the beta! about to go jump on now
    Congratulations! when did they send out the invite over the weekend? (what day)

Everquest - 2000 - '02
    Anarchy Online - '01-'02
    -Waiting on-
    Star Trek Online

As far as I know invites go out every Friday.

If you have a history of being a succesful NCSoft game beta tester that may help your chance of getting picked early. As they are more likely in the first few rounds to pick people they know will actually test and report bugs.

The other thing that may help is becoming a regular at one of the dedicated fan-sites. They get more attention from the community managers and therefore you are more likely to get noticed.

Check the official site www.playtr.com under community - there are a number of great fan sites.

Other than that - all we can do is wait.

• GylfiGylfi Member UncommonPosts: 708

This waiting is unbearable, especially because I got many doubts about TR gameplay

OT . Does anybody care to solve the puzzle in my signat. ?

You know, I did it for y'all. :)

• SumorogueSumorogue Member Posts: 17
    Just got an invite today .. monday ...
  • ZaceZace Member Posts: 77

You lucky lucky LUCKY thing 

*goes green with envy* 

Heheh - enjoy it :) 

• MuffinStumpMuffinStump Member UncommonPosts: 474

/me Goes to check mailbox....RIGHT NOW

• MidnitteMidnitte Member Posts: 510
    no dice,