Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Project X Beta Signups

Comments

• JutsuJutsu Member Posts: 264

It would be awesome if there was a online life simulator...

there is sim online of course... but... THATS GAY...

(o'.')--------oo----('.'o)

• MaximaneMaximane Member CommonPosts: 625

Again, remember Project X is not a game! ::::02::

As for what Project X really is, I think I have seen one post a long while back that was kind of close. Though good luck trying to find it... ::::17::

--------------------
    Alex "Maximane" De Line
    - MMORPG.COM Staff -

• AmunetAmunet Member Posts: 136

SEARCH FOR IT!! =P

• SeravajanSeravajan Member UncommonPosts: 192

Originally posted by Maximane
    Again, remember Project X is not a game! ::::02::As for what Project X really is, I think I have seen one post a long while back that was kind of close. Though good luck trying to find it... ::::17::--------------------
    Alex "Maximane" De Line
    - MMORPG.COM Staff -

Erm or is it however true that we have to test smilies? ::::04::::::03::

Or is it a new forum?

A hint plz: Was this posting in this tread?

Betatested:
    AC2; Lords of Everquest; Horizons; Fung Wan Online; Wish; Saga of Ryzom.

Played:
    EQ (retired); DAoC (retired); Horizons (semi retired); SWG (retired); Shadowbane (Retired); UO free shards (retired)

Attempt to test or play:
    Darkfall; EQ2; Dark & Light.

• JutsuJutsu Member Posts: 264

I have no clue what we're testing... IT'D be nice if we could know what we're during :P

but the MMORPG.com gms love to do the silent treatment and make us all go crazy right before they pick the beta testers imageimage

• sidebustersidebuster Member UncommonPosts: 1,712
    i hope it isnt a sims type mmo, if i want to play a life sim, i would turn off my computer and do other stuff... **shiver**

• methane47methane47 Member CommonPosts: 3,701

At great personal Injury and expense.... I have gone through the earlier pages looking for Ideas of what Prog X is. (Since the admin said he saw something really close) Here they are....

Project X: uber new computer virus that allows MMORPG.com to take control of all the financial assets in the world!

MAYBE its a console where it controls every mind in the entire universe and makes the people that are controlled cause total choas and cause an apocolypse and destroy the world!! :P

Actually we have designed a remote control that gives us complete control over Maximane, we like to refer to it as a "Project X: The Dog Collar".  This allows us to make him jump, bark, sit, flip, spit, sing, walk, talk, and yes.. even bite!

Mmm maybe its some sort of communication system that allows you to talk to people from other mmorpgs while you play, or maybe its somewhat like gamespy for mmorpgs.
    or
    They come to your house, blackjack you, throw you in the back of a van and take you to some secret training facility in the middle of the arctic.

Something around the lines of.... "You playing a character that PLAYS online games" hehe that'l be really interesting to see....

Project X is--*kssshhh!!!!*...
    *blip!*...
    *scrrrrrssshhh!!!*...
    *blip!*...

Lol, must be a secret plot to take over the internet by mmorpg.com.

Not directly: It is more that new smilies are taking over the MMORPG.com site and we have to beta test the take over!

This new program will revolutionize the world of.... wait for it... Email!

All in all, an X-tra spectacular way to keep in touch with your friends and family for the X-tra low price of $19.95 ($7531.50 CAN).

I bet you it is a game Like There Or Second Life!!!! Or Maybe Something...Kinda Kinky? I mean, there is "X" In the name.... Maybe something like sociolotron [Those of you who dont know what this is, i WONT explian]

Everybody knows all it is, is a new reskinned version of Quicken 2004 Office Edition.

Project X is just a fancy way of saying they want to probe you

Click Here --->Just one of those days<--- Click Here

"Some people call me the walking plank, 'cuz any where you go... Death is right behind you.."
    <i>ME<i>

What's your Wu Name?
    Donovan --> Wu Name = Violent Knight
    Methane47 --> Wu Name = Thunderous Leader
    "Some people call me the walking plank, 'cuz any where you go... Death is right behind you.."
    <i>ME<i>

• UmbroodUmbrood Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

I shall put aside my conspiracy theories a few.

This is my guess and hope.

1. A mmorpg portal, much like it is now but even more so, extended forums that aim to take over the role of the official ones for each game, with market forums and whatnot.

2. A place to buy and download all and every mmorpg out there, without the need for silly boxes and CD's and whatnot, they a thing of the past anyhow.

3. A paypal like solution that can be tied to all games, the monthly fee is drawn from that account instead, one place to put in your VISA number instead of every time you get a new game, giving my VISA number to companys like M$ sends cold chills up my spine.

4. Inventory and character log for all games, get or make a list of everything you have on a character, along with char build templates.

5. Ebay like auction tool for selling and buying gear money and accounts etc etc..

Along with some other stuff I cant come up with rigth now.

If none of these are true please make them true. :)

Umbrood 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Jerek_

I wonder if you honestly even believe what you type, or if you live in a made up world of facts.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• SeravajanSeravajan Member UncommonPosts: 192

Originally posted by Umbrood
    I shall put aside my conspiracy theories a few.
    This is my guess and hope.
    1. A mmorpg portal, much like it is now but even more so, extended forums that aim to take over the role of the official ones for each game, with market forums and whatnot.
    2. A place to buy and download all and every mmorpg out there, without the need for silly boxes and CD's and whatnot, they a thing of the past anyhow.
    3. A paypal like solution that can be tied to all games, the monthly fee is drawn from that account instead, one place to put in your VISA number instead of every time you get a new game, giving my VISA number to companys like M$ sends cold chills up my spine.
    4. Inventory and character log for all games, get or make a list of everything you have on a character, along with char build templates.
    5. Ebay like auction tool for selling and buying gear money and accounts etc etc..
    Along with some other stuff I cant come up with rigth now.
    If none of these are true please make them true. :)

Umbrood

Erm

#1 is not true because the admins told us: "It's not a web site!"
    #2 and #3 I believe these are not true too, else MMORPG.com renders to a paying (not playing!) game site
    #4 too difficult to realize that due the tons of different MMORPGs.
    #5. You should remember that mmorpg.com don't allow that!

It can only be one thing:
    Keep ready for a crash beta test!
    You know a crash is not a game! ::::02::
    You waste a lot of time restarting your computer! ::::20::::::18::::::40::
    A crash is not a web site!::::35::::::31::
    And it is completely free!::::08::
    Ant at least: The crash is presented to you by AOL!::::04::::::40::::::39::::::06::::::01:: j/k ::::02::
    (Because everything have to be presented/sponsored by some companies!)::::35::::::02::

Betatested:
    AC2; Lords of Everquest; Horizons; Fung Wan Online; Wish; Saga of Ryzom.

Played:
    EQ (retired); DAoC (retired); Horizons (semi retired); SWG (retired); Shadowbane (Retired); UO free shards (retired)

Attempt to test or play:
    Darkfall; EQ2; Dark & Light.

• knives22knives22 Member Posts: 375
    admin, JUST TELL US WHAT IT IS DAMNIT >.< I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARRRRGH, could you AT LEAST give us an Idea please?.

and since that day...I have always loved her.....

I LIKE CHEESE!!!!!!! >.< grwwaalll image

• sharkdaddysharkdaddy Member Posts: 22

Sounds great, sign me up !

Sharkdaddy

Sharkdaddy

IDEA! Let us ind out where there headquarters are, then lets all put on tight black vinyl outfits, and "infiltrate" There Base! [All your base are belong to us!] Im pretty good with Karate In real life, but i wonder if i really can use it to do top secret secruity a'la' Kill Bill? =P

Your good in Karate? that's cool cuz i'm pretty good in Gun-FU .....WAH CHA!!!!!!!!!! KLA POW!!!!!!!!

What's your Wu Name?
    <i>ME<i>

What's your Wu Name?
    <i>ME<i>

GUN FUU? ::::07:: Is that the art of gun slapping?! Hahahahahah! Im good with Fast Tai-Chi along With Ju-Jitsu.

Hey gun Slapping can be very dangerous.. lol

Actually the only martial art that i know good is Capoeira.... really fun stuff

What's your Wu Name?
    Methane --> Wu Name = Tough Hunter
    <i>ME<i>

What's your Wu Name?
    <i>ME<i>

OH! It would be nice, if project X allows us to select a skill, and get it downloaded to our Brains!

Or.. you know what? It may be a new type of Peripheral, like there own version of shutter glasses!

• JustinJosephJustinJoseph Site Co-FounderMember UncommonPosts: 602
    I'll give you guys a hint image

Project X has nothing to do with it's name image

Talk amongst yourselves! image

----------------------------
    Justin Joseph
    -MMORPG.COM Co-Founder-
    [email protected]

OH COME ON!!!!!!!! CUT ME A FRICKIN BONE!!!!!!!!!!!.....

We are the COMMUNITY of MMORPG. We Make this SITE.. And without us YOU would be NOTHING!!! NoW Unless you want a boycott of stupid Project X and for that matter this whole Stynking site... I suggest you just give us a little tidbit on what Project X IS!!! and NOT what it ISN't....

(ummm that wasn't a threatimage it was more of an apeal to your superior nice-ness...image)

And IF you Dont!!!!!!!!!!welll....

I'll just give you a little taste on my preffered method of TORTURE!!!imageimage....MWuauahahahaha

TCM - Torture Club for Men.... I'm not only a member,  I'm the president

YOU CANT REFUSE THE PUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS IN BOOTs!!!!!!!!!!!

What's your Wu Name?
    <i>ME<i>

What's your Wu Name?
    <i>ME<i>

has nothing to do with the name?

***thinks****

GOT IT!

It is a Xbox game that is text based RPuhh RP! and it is about a kid in history class that needs to do his.. get this "project" done to pass! With me still? great! Trouble comes along the way, like evil teachers, APs, P.E. teacher, and the infamous lvl50 sewer rat that is Aggro and likes to BAF. SO?

• sorbidsorbid Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Well...sounds intriguing.  I'm signed up.  Hope it's not gay if I get in!

Barrabus
    55 Dwarven Warrior (retired)

Barrabus
    80 Dwarven Warrior
    Out of Retirement

• WardropWardrop Member Posts: 462

Sounds to me like thier just making a in house beta testing team.

like Activisions Visioneers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[VIS]JWardrop

• VITAMADNESSVITAMADNESS Member Posts: 132

I have 2 real guesses as to what this project may be!

Ok we know a lot of what it is not right and some of what it is!

Just thinking about what this site is about and what types of things a "fansite" could possibly need testers for I have come up with 2 ideas!

1) The project itself is not a "game" but rather a group of people that MMORPG can have help companies in "closed" betas. Why do I think this. MMORPG.com is getting quite popular and has been getting many beta give-aways. Thus it would make sorta sense with what MMORPG.com does and the timing of all the new beta give-aways. Maybe they are now becoming a "certified" beta group for some companies.

2) Not quite as cool but still neat. Following the thought that MMORPG.com is growing quickly. They are getting more and more inside information all the time. Maybe they are putting up their own streaming area of the site for insider interviews, game-play movies, etc and want to test it out.

Anyway, just a couple of ideas I had. No idea if either has been posted, but this thread is just too big to read the whole thing through. hehe

Beta'd: Neocron, Planetside, ShadowBane, Horizons, City of Heros, Saga of Ryzom, Lineage II

Played: EQ, Shadowbane, DAoC, SWG, Anarchy Online, Asherson's Call 2. Earth and Beyond

Playing: City of Heros, EQ

Beta'd: Neocron, Planetside, ShadowBane, Horizons, City of Heros, Saga of Ryzom, Lineage II, WoW Stress Test

Played: EQ, Shadowbane, DAoC, SWG, Anarchy Online, Asherson's Call 2. Earth and Beyond, City of Heros, EQ

Playing: WAITING FOR WOW and EQ 2

Awe man..... your ideas seem pretty feasable.. infact they seem to be worthy guesses... But what makes me sad is that If that IS true.. It also means... MMORPG.com is on its way for a Civil War...

What I mean is Splitting up the users between the Premium/Platinum/Gold users which have access to like the give aways and stuff and then the basic members.... Which also means that money will be the thing dividing the two groups.... I hope i'm wrong but about that...

What's your Wu Name?
    <i>ME<i>

What's your Wu Name?
    <i>ME<i>

• KidAssassinKidAssassin Member Posts: 1
    yes sounds interesting, but isn't it basically just signing up to be beta tester? no big deal right?

This discussion has been closed.