Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which Title do you want to be BioWare's New MMO ?[Release Date: 2009] COME ON Target is 1000 VOTES !

Comments

• ownedyou1ownedyou1 Member Posts: 364
    Originally posted by Eichenkatze

Originally posted by MuffinStump

I voted other as I am holding them to their word when they said they would only develop original IPs.
    Something altogether new would actually allow for some innovation and discovery.
    As an aside: Your side-sig mentions swg-emu.....Isn't that an illegal enterprise?
    ...and if it isn't I would presume it will be shortly when the LA/SOE legal hammer comes down.
    (Sorry to derail)
    Actually, no one really knows right now (as to the SWG-Emu). Origionally SOE gave those working on it the go-ahead and told them they would allow it so long as no one charged money to play.

Then they said they wouldn't allow it (gained too much popularity.. enough so they got jealous)

and then peace talks began.. now i haven't a clue where its at.

Complete rubbish, SOE didn't get jelous, and SOE didn't allow it, Smedly simply said 'You don't really think we are worried about this do you?', and that was the end of swg-emu to him. Sure, when it comes out, he'll take it down, but until it does, it's dead to him.
  • zaykodroidzaykodroid Member Posts: 220
    Originally posted by Flyte27

Originally posted by zaykodroid

First the time setting is a poor one because there aren't many Jedi around.  Hello the main attraction to the Star Wars universe is the Jedi.  The rest of the classes/proffesions are your typical sci-fi boring stuff that only a few die hard Star Wars fans might want to play.
    it is not true imo, because especially after KOTOR, there are lots of Mandolorians, Bounty Hunters fans and a huge fraction supporters like Hutts, Black Suns , Zerka Corp...

Perhaps though the majority of fans would like to play  as a Jedi and Jedi as you know are more powerful then any other class in the game which brings balence issues.  I'm certain the game would do better with only Jedi classes then it would like they did in SWG where they had a lot of normal classes with a one in a million chance to unlock the Jedi so you could be the one overpowered combat class in the game.

Just to add to that I don't remember anyone complainning they only could be Jedi in KOTOR or KOTOR2.

yeah doesnt complain but  respects to other class/profs. And if it is a KOTOR MMO and allows you to play as Mandolorians lots of people wish to choose it (like me). I admit that there is not so much attractive class/profs for ordinary players (NOT star wars fans i mean, because for sw fans each pieces of the game is golden value) the game is based on Jedi /sith but especially at KOTOR timeline you can add (not so much) but a few attractive things too (imo)

and also SMUGGLER is a very very attractive prof but you should do it really SMUGGLING not a crap as SOE did.

and Bioware can do it.
  • Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574
    Originally posted by catinhat

well if you follow the same settings as kotor did all jedi would atleast not seem horribly over the top like swg did. but i dont like all jedi idea i like the idea of smuggler bh et. just not the new way of it. i think bioware could do it ok.

im thinking a mmo set in the sincity (move) world woulda been interesting
    "yeah doesnt complain but  respects to other class/profs. And if it is a KOTOR MMO and allows you to play as Mandolorians lots of people wish to choose it (like me). I admit that there is not so much attractive class/profs for ordinary players (NOT star wars fans i mean, because for sw fans each pieces of the game is golden value) the game is based on Jedi /sith but especially at KOTOR timeline you can add (not so much) but a few attractive things too (imo)

and also SMUGGLER is a very very attractive prof but you should do it really SMUGGLING not a crap as SOE did.

and Bioware can do it."

I believe the NGE has that now and the Jedi are very bland because of the balence issue.  Unfortunatly it's just one of those things.  As I mentioned perhaps they could allow people to choose to have a Jedi class, Normal class, and Crafting class.  The only problem would be something like a Jedi/Bounty Hunter which wouldn't make much sense.  A Sith/Bounty Hunter might make sense though.  You would just have to make some restrictions.

ok i said it before but i am repetaing:

BIOWARE DIDNT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THEIR IP. WE DONT KNOW ANYTHING, IF IT IS AN ORIGINAL BIOWARE IP, OR AN OUTSIDE IP. ONLY INFOS ABOUT BIOWARES NEW MMO ARE:

1) IT IS USING HERO ENGINE www.play.net/playdotnet/platform/

2)IT IS USING STREAM BASE ENGINE www.streambase.com/

THESE TWO THINGS CUTS THE DEVELOPMENT TIME FOR YEARS.

BIOWARE DIDNT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THEIR IP BUT,

THEY ADD A NEW JOB AT THEIR JOBS PAGE: "PRODUCER - LICENCOR LIAISON"

BioWare Austin is searching for a Producer-Licensor Liaison to assist the team in the development of assigned products from concept to release. The successful candidate will have the primary responsibility for tracking, managing license submissions, and securing approvals from a 3rd party licenso

AND:

Project Management

• Manages and tracks all license approval submissions and the overall submission process including follow up and contract compliance.
    HERE IS THE LINK: www.bioware.com/bioware_info/jobs/positions/austin_producer_licensor_liaison.html

SO PROGRESS SHOWS THAT IT CAN BE AN OUTSIDE IP (STAR WARS )

well if you follow the same settings as kotor did all jedi would atleast not seem horribly over the top like swg did. but i dont like all jedi idea i like the idea of smuggler bh et. just not the new way of it. i think bioware could do it ok.

"yeah doesnt complain but  respects to other class/profs. And if it is a KOTOR MMO and allows you to play as Mandolorians lots of people wish to choose it (like me). I admit that there is not so much attractive class/profs for ordinary players (NOT star wars fans i mean, because for sw fans each pieces of the game is golden value) the game is based on Jedi /sith but especially at KOTOR timeline you can add (not so much) but a few attractive things too (imo)

and Bioware can do it."

I believe the NGE has that now and the Jedi are very bland because of the balence issue.  Unfortunatly it's just one of those things.  As I mentioned perhaps they could allow people to choose to have a Jedi class, Normal class, and Crafting class.  The only problem would be something like a Jedi/Bounty Hunter which wouldn't make much sense.  A Sith/Bounty Hunter might make sense though.  You would just have to make some restrictions.

sith/bounty hunter also doenst make much sense imo because Jedis hired BHs to hunt Siths too, at sw universe..

an "asimov-foundation" mmo would be interesting too
  • AricBAricB Member Posts: 158
    I would very much like them to do a new Star Wars mmorpg !
  • cajun47cajun47 Member Posts: 73
    hey bud, i don't bother reading colored text. ever.
  • ArndurArndur Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,202
    If they make KORTOR online they should make it during the great sith/jedi war that they keep refaering too that happened long before KOTRO 1 i think. Clear factions completely normal to see lots of jedi. No reb or imp just jedi vs jedi. The class system the guy talked about would be great.

Hold on Snow Leopard, imma let you finish, but Windows had one of the best operating systems of all time.

If the Powerball lottery was like Lotro, nobody would win for 2 years, and then everyone in Nebraska would win on the same day.
    And then Nebraska would get nerfed.-pinkwood lotro fourms

AMD 4800 2.4ghz-3GB RAM 533mhz-EVGA 9500GT 512mb-320gb HD

• ErecErec Member Posts: 35
    How did I know KOTOR was gunna rape that poll?
  • DeadJesterDeadJester Member Posts: 499
    Originally posted by Erec

Because  Starwars rocks

Originally posted by DeadJester

Originally posted by Erec

Because  Starwars rocks

• NatoBNatoB Member Posts: 114
    Originally posted by Korusus

Originally posted by Enigma

As long as it isn't fantasy, I'd be a happy little boy
    Hey, maybe it will be a Murder Death Kill MMO (Bioware developed MDK 2)  !!

edit:  Heh, I don't even know who owns the rights to MDK anymore.

Dont mean to be funny or anything, but MDK actually stood for Millionare Donates Kidneys, guess it was their form of twisted humor.

I would love to see a Baldurs Gate MMO but would also hate it if they screwed it up, so im kinda two sided about it, but KOTOR would rock as a MMO, but then again KOTOR MMO is a dream.

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Final Fantasy

I found it hard
    It's hard to find
    Oh Well
    Whatever
    Nevermind

• HrothmundHrothmund Member Posts: 1,061
    I'd prefer an original IP like Mass Effect. Seriously, Star Wars has lost its appeal as a gaming platform to me after all the recently released crap. I guess I'd dig a Baldur's gate MMO as well.
  • ChaulsinNLChaulsinNL Member UncommonPosts: 182
    I would be all over a well done forgotten realms mmo .
    Originally posted by Boompje

I would be all over a well done forgotten realms mmo .
    i would add it but i forgot..
  • defenestratedefenestrate Member CommonPosts: 578
    I picked DragonLance, would be a cool setting if it wasnt for the inevitable surge of douchebags calling themselves ra1stlin, raist1in and so on and so forth.
  • Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574

Well Baldur's Gate is part of the forgotten realms.  I like that setting a lot as it probably has more books written about it then any other fantasy realm.  Dragonlance is ok, but it's not as good as forgotten realms IMO.  Star Wars is the best if it's about Jedi/Sith.

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902
    Originally posted by Hrothmund

I'd prefer an original IP like Mass Effect. Seriously, Star Wars has lost its appeal as a gaming platform to me after all the recently released crap. I guess I'd dig a Baldur's gate MMO as well.

as much as I hope it would be Planescape, I really think its going to be Mass Effect.

Bioware is going all out on this new game, cant wait to play it.  Sucks for people who dont own a x360 though, unless theyre porting it to PC.  Mass Effect is going to be incredible and if you read anything about it, would definitely make a very good MMO.

I think Bioware has enough sense to go for something fresh and new, not star wars.  Mass Effect is being hyped like mad and theyve put a LOT of work into this new title.  I can totally see them creating an MMO from it.

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
  • NihilxNihilx Member UncommonPosts: 141
    KotOR, definitely. Baldur's Gate is out of the question, since Turbine is already running a D&D MMO.

AC (retired); EQ (retired); DAoC (retired); Horizons (retired); EQII (retired); CoH (retired); AC II (tested); Lineage II (beta); Neocron (tested); Saga of Ryzom (beta); SWG (retired)...

• darquenbladedarquenblade Member Posts: 1,015
    Originally posted by Rayx0r

as much as I hope it would be Planescape, I really think its going to be Mass Effect.

Bioware is going all out on this new game, cant wait to play it.  Sucks for people who dont own a x360 though, unless theyre porting it to PC.  Mass Effect is going to be incredible and if you read anything about it, would definitely make a very good MMO.

I think Bioware has enough sense to go for something fresh and new, not star wars.  Mass Effect is being hyped like mad and theyve put a LOT of work into this new title.  I can totally see them creating an MMO from it.

I thought for the longest time that the MMO would be based on Mass Effect, Dragon Age, or some other original IP.

However, if it is their own IP, why do they have need for a Producer-Licensor Liaison?

www.bioware.com/bioware_info/jobs/positions/austin_producer_licensor_liaison.html

Read through the job description. This little tidbit pretty much convinced me that they are working on an outside IP. And of all licensed IPs that Bioware could work on, Star Wars is far and away the most likely in my opinion.
    Originally posted by darquenblade

Originally posted by Rayx0r

I thought for the longest time that the MMO would be based on Mass Effect, Dragon Age, or some other original IP.

However, if it is their own IP, why do they have need for a Producer-Licensor Liaison?

www.bioware.com/bioware_info/jobs/positions/austin_producer_licensor_liaison.html

Read through the job description. This little tidbit pretty much convinced me that they are working on an outside IP. And of all licensed IPs that Bioware could work on, Star Wars is far and away the most likely in my opinion.

/agree
  • SeptopusSeptopus Member Posts: 101
    It could always be something surprising like dragon age. We haven't heard much about that game for years. Maybe we can expect a full MMO makeover for our old friend. Just a thought, though the licenser liaison guy does point it towards a KOTOR mmo in my mind. Who knows at this point really, we'll all have to wait and see.

Originally posted by Septopus

It could always be something surprising like dragon age. We haven't heard much about that game for years. Maybe we can expect a full MMO makeover for our old friend. Just a thought, though the licenser liaison guy does point it towards a KOTOR mmo in my mind. Who knows at this point really, we'll all have to wait and see.
    thinking same

Well Baldur's Gate is part of the forgotten realms.  I like that setting a lot as it probably has more books written about it then any other fantasy realm.  Dragonlance is ok, but it's not as good as forgotten realms IMO.  Star Wars is the best if it's about Jedi/Sith.
This discussion has been closed.