Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CCP nerf Privateers

13»

Comments

• JADEDRAG0NJADEDRAG0N Member Posts: 733

Originally posted by Inf666

Originally posted by Urza123

Originally posted by damian7

If it were up to me, lowsec would be 0.0, highsec would be lowsec and concord would be taken out of the game. I guess thats all I need to say.

so, if it were you tp you, eve would only have 15-17k population instead of 30k.  gotcha.

yes whats the problem ? right now its like 5000 in 0.0/lowsec and 25000 in highsec. The 5000 would change to 15000 which means more fun. I say thats good. Why should I care about those highsec dwellers ? Out of a PvPers perspective there is no point in them being in the game at all.

And if it was not for those highsec dwellers who would be mining trit for your ships or make them?

Just yesterday I had a spawn with 25 mio trit. Why would I ever want to buy trit ? I build all t1 items/ships myself with the stuff I get from ratting and we have a flourishing POS network so we have got the resources for the t2 bpos. The high sec miners live in a dream world where they think that they are needed and then they try to make the game even more boring.

First of all from all those who enjoy mining and making stuff in eve UP Y*URS!!!!

And on a final note inf666 you cant be more wrong.

• Inf666Inf666 Member UncommonPosts: 513

Jadedragon I am sure you will be able to tell me why I am wrong.

---
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

• LordbaldurLordbaldur Member Posts: 31

Who is Damian? And anyway, all the privs I've ever fought have been honourable, now I don't venture into highsec (-10 makes it kind of hard) but the few times some privs come down to my dark corner of the world it's been fun. I'm not an expert, I dunno (for the most part) what corp's are good and which are bad, I've never been a priv myself. Personally though, only thing I hold against them is the forum smacking, in particular all of this damn BoB smacking. But in that respect D2 are just as bad. From my experience you get more smackfree fights with them, then with for example goons, so I think it's kind of sad CCP went at them with the nerfstick. And it also pisses me off to know that now, all of these carebear highsec citizens that fits 200 thousand stabs on a cruise raven are gonna get away from me, and not only get away, but smack me in local with "haha almost" like they beat me in local. That's all.

Well to start with to say people who like to live in High sec mission run ETC dont matter is just wrong, After all they pay a subscription just like you do are you saying they are of an inferior breed or something or are you just being a typical elitest EvE player.

Also the devs ahvbe stated that High sec is there for a reson, the reason being to give a farly safe area for new people to learn the very basics of eve. While low sec is there to train yuo for entering 0.0. Taking away high sec would just stop the flow of new people and allow PvP griefers like you to gank newbs at an even faster rate than userall for those cheap Killbourd points.

And saying that concord is not needed just shows you are a PvP carebear.

• Inf666Inf666 Member UncommonPosts: 513

Originally posted by JADEDRAG0N

Well to start with to say people who like to live in High sec mission run ETC dont matter is just wrong, After all they pay a subscription just like you do are you saying they are of an inferior breed or something or are you just being a typical elitest EvE player.

Also the devs ahvbe stated that High sec is there for a reson, the reason being to give a farly safe area for new people to learn the very basics of eve. While low sec is there to train yuo for entering 0.0. Taking away high sec would just stop the flow of new people and allow PvP griefers like you to gank newbs at an even faster rate than userall for those cheap Killbourd points.
    And saying that concord is not needed just shows you are a PvP carebear.

Ok, I admit that a secure space is needed for trading and especially for the newbie training. I just do not like it that all those high sec people are coming along high and mighty and think that without them nothing would work. A lot of 0.0 players are self sufficiant or nearly self sufficiant and are also out for fun with their own play style. I just do not want eve to move in the same direction as every other mmorpg out there: in the direction of wow and meaningless pvp.

With strife comes dynamics. With pvp comes change and fun in eve. I started to play eve because I hated the WoW environment where nothing counts and everyone does not care. I do not want to see Eve go down that road. That is why I am always for the extreme of Pvp/ganking/full looting. If there is nothing to gain and lose the game becomes meaningless.

I do not like the "carebears" because of my mentality: Eve is game with a lot of possibilities and I want to experience all of it. I play a game for competition, fun and adventure. Why do those people in high sec play? Whats the point in doing missions and mining 24/7? Its like doing a monotone work. In 5 years noone will be playing eve. The game will be dead and noone will ever remember the players or achievements in the game. Noone will care about who had the most wealth or who did the most killing. Why do the "carebears" grind away in security and a static environment when they could have fun (more risk = more adventure)? Go out on an adventure? Its a game, failing is ok, its the fun that counts. Eve was created for one thing: PvP. If people do not want to do that, they have to be forced to do PvP or they should leave the game.

I am sick and tired of the High sec community that calls me a ganker, griefer and an uncivilized person while not having the guts to move out of their safe haven to actually PLAY the game that is eve. When I play quake I try to be the best. I do not hide in some secure room and try to whine quake into a carebear dream. The wardec change is for me just another step in direction of WoW. Where will it end? Today it is the wardec system, tomorrow it is the warp disruptor bubbles and soon it will be the wish for high security in 0.0.

ps: The privateers did one thing: They brought dynamics and fun to high sec. The response was: "Noooo, I want a secure world where I can be a carebear" and that in a GAME that was made for PVP. No understanding from my side.

---
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Ok, I admit that a secure space is needed for trading and especially for the newbie training. I just do not like it that all those high sec people are coming along high and mighty and think that without them nothing would work. A lot of 0.0 players are self sufficiant or nearly self sufficiant and are also out for fun with their own play style. I just do not want eve to move in the same direction as every other mmorpg out there: in the direction of wow and meaningless pvp. Somehow i think the devs wont let this happen that war dek change was just a sensable plug on a loophole nothing more.
    With strife comes dynamics. With pvp comes change and fun in eve. I started to play eve because I hated the WoW environment where nothing counts and everyone does not care. Fare enough I do not want to see Eve go down that road Ditto. That is why I am always for the extreme of Pvp/ganking/full looting. If there is nothing to gain and lose the game becomes meaningless. once again i agree in principle.
    I do not like the "carebears" because of my mentality: Eve is game with a lot of possibilities and I want to experience all of it. I play a game for competition, fun and adventure. Why do those people in high sec play? Whats the point in doing missions and mining 24/7? Its like doing a monotone work Maybee the people doing this who pay a subscription like you get some sort of enjoyment out of this considered that?. In 5 years noone will be playing eve. The game will be dead and noone will ever remember the players or achievements in the game. Noone will care about who had the most wealth or who did the most killing. Why do the "carebears" grind away in security and a static environment when they could have fun (more risk = more adventure)? Go out on an adventure? Its a game, failing is ok, its the fun that counts. Eve was created for one thing: PvP. If people do not want to do that, they have to be forced to do PvP or they should leave the game. Its important to point out that fighting fellow traders and ship buiders can be very competative and fun therefore could be considered PvP this is something the devs including the CEo have agreed with and support hence the presence of mining stuff and nerw PvE content such as cosmoss.
    I am sick and tired of the High sec community that calls me a ganker, griefer and an uncivilized person while not having the guts to move out of their safe haven to actually PLAY the game that is eve it has to be said that you really need a thicker skin and you should consider name calling part of the job . When I play quake I try to be the best. I do not hide in some secure room and try to whine quake into a carebear dream. The wardec change is for me just another step in direction of WoW. Where will it end? Today it is the wardec system, tomorrow it is the warp disruptor bubbles and soon it will be the wish for high security in 0.0. No that change was neede as the privateers actions have shown they were declaring war on 1 man corps operating in high sec for example which isant right when you consider why they did it.

ps: The privateers did one thing: They brought dynamics and fun to high sec. The response was: "Noooo, I want a secure world where I can be a carebear" and that in a GAME that was made for PVP. No understanding from my side. No they just found a way to turn high sec into 0.0 space for the PvP while avoiding the real PvP people who largly lived in 0.0.

• MayaJaqMayaJaq Member Posts: 4

I only see a change of cost's, not any nerfs.
    Privateers mostly "paid greifers"

Im sorry I dont see any pitty over them.

Well as im new to eve i ahd to talk to some guys in eve to get the full story on the privateers. From waht i understand is that The privateers were origonally formed as a huge alliance where you could do whatever you wanted while protected by the alliance mechanics. Then after a while it seems they found a way to use the alliance warfare system to get as amny war declarations as they wanted. Soon after they decided to use this system to live in High sec away from the decent PvP corps/alliances and yet be able to attack whoever they wanted ie the newbie miner corps etc.

So basically they hid from 0.0 and scored easy war kills with what were in the end newbies so id say that tho they didnt cheat as such in the end they have no grounds to complaing after all it was just a loophole they used.

• LordbaldurLordbaldur Member Posts: 31

Damian is my alt.

Originally posted by Lordbaldur

Damian is my alt.

OMG better look for a 666 tatooed on your head.

• damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449

Originally posted by Lordbaldur

Damian is my alt.

um, no, i'm not.

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

• MoobkradMoobkrad Member Posts: 308

Well as im new to eve i ahd to talk to some guys in eve to get the full story on the privateers. From waht i understand is that The privateers were origonally formed as a huge alliance where you could do whatever you wanted while protected by the alliance mechanics. Then after a while it seems they found a way to use the alliance warfare system to get as amny war declarations as they wanted. Soon after they decided to use this system to live in High sec away from the decent PvP corps/alliances and yet be able to attack whoever they wanted ie the newbie miner corps etc.

So basically they hid from 0.0 and scored easy war kills with what were in the end newbies so id say that tho they didnt cheat as such in the end they have no grounds to complaing after all it was just a loophole they used.
    Exactly the point.
  • LordSlaterLordSlater Member Posts: 2,087
    This change was a long time comming.

• TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700
    Agreed.  Privateers are only good at one kind of PVP:  Killing people lagging while undocking from Jita 4-4.  They've never managed to get me because ... duh... I shop with an alt. 

They were sitting in a gang  in obe tonight.  My fleet was sitting in P3... we kept hoping they'd come out from the protection of the gate guns to play but instead they ran off to camp the gate in another lowsec system.

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977
    Originally posted by BigDave7481

Originally posted by Agricola1

Originally posted by Moobkrad

Who is this BoD i keep on reading about on this thread?
    Band of Brothers, actually is BoB.

But since some people think developers are helping them they changed it to Band of Developers (BoD). Is just here say by the people believing the conspiracy theories. Or those which envy BoB on any certain way.Waht you saying the developers were helping BoB all along please explain this thing to me?

Conspiracy theories man. I don't have the details available.

Moobkrad, you're either a liar or just plain ignorant. A DEV that played in BoD was caught spawning free T2 BPO2 (we only know of about 8-10, because someone hacked a BoD website), CCP covered it up and did nothing except tell the DEV off. When we found out this year they took back the T2 BPOs that we knew about, the hacker was banned and the BoD CEO posted his personal details on EVE-O. The BoD CEO then proceeded to call his workplace in real life to try and get him fired, CCP did nothing. BoD and the DEV broke the EULA many times but no-one was punished, except the hacker that revealed it all. Though he didn't break the EULA as the site he hacked was independent.

Anyone who wants to slag off my alliance, please state the name of your corp/alliance first if you have the balls on this forum!

The privies got what they diserved.  If your gonna pirate then do it the right way; dont puss out and hide behind war decs.  I have fought PA several times and they suck at PvP and only use gank tactics.  If you bring a real fight to them they dock up at a station.

My corp: The Hull Miners Union

The ball is in your court now Agricola1.

http://www.privateer.griefwatch.net/?p=corp&corp=The%20Hull%20Miners%20Union it seems we haven't posted our losses to your corp. Do you have a KB?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• CiredricCiredric Member Posts: 723

You know it helps if you get to the point when you write a post.  When you ladle it with overused sarcasm, it tends to make your post rather unintelligible.

I don't have a clue what you are whining about with BoB about.  If you are trying to link this change to BoB I think you are seriously delusional.   I have no love for BoB, but blaming them for every change is beyond absurd.  

As everyone knows, Eve is intended to be a sandbox, and the devs are very hesitant to add any controls.  When someone abuses a rule as badly as the Privateers were doing, it tends to offend most people in the game.

Let's face it, this change has been suggested many many times and I have not seen one post that outlines any major downsides to it.

I have seen several posts about BoB taking over 0.0.   No that will never happen.  CCP will intercede with some rule that limits how much space you can hold way before that would come close to happening.  They are no more BoB centric than any other major alliance.

Originally posted by Ciredric

You know it helps if you get to the point when you write a post.  When you ladle it with overused sarcasm, it tends to make your post rather unintelligible.
    I don't have a clue what you are whining about with BoB about.  If you are trying to link this change to BoB I think you are seriously delusional.   I have no love for BoB, but blaming them for every change is beyond absurd.  
    As everyone knows, Eve is intended to be a sandbox, and the devs are very hesitant to add any controls.  When someone abuses a rule as badly as the Privateers were doing, it tends to offend most people in the game.
    Let's face it, this change has been suggested many many times and I have not seen one post that outlines any major downsides to it.
    I have seen several posts about BoB taking over 0.0.   No that will never happen.  CCP will intercede with some rule that limits how much space you can hold way before that would come close to happening.  They are no more BoB centric than any other major alliance.

Err this topic has nothing to do with BoB its about The Privateers Alliance.

Also why wont this thread die its been done to death since the first few posts

Actually it does. That guy from Privateers, blamed the Devs are supporting BoB by making this change. He (Ciredric) is just stating the facts he has experienced or seen. Which to my opinion are not too far off the truth.

Actually it does. That guy from Privateers, blamed the Devs are supporting BoB by making this change. He (Ciredric) is just stating the facts he has experienced or seen. Which to my opinion are not too far off the truth.

Oh....sorry my mistake. I do personally feel tho that this has little to do with BoB still tho [i feel saying BoB asked for it is just an excuse to flame].

Oh....sorry my mistake. I do personally feel tho that this has little to do with BoB still tho [i feel saying BoB asked for it is just an excuse to flame]. The OP started that, so nothing I can do about it.
  • CiredricCiredric Member Posts: 723

Note to BoB players, never be too successful, it just gets you blamed for everything.

The wardeck change had everything to do with a lot of players complaining about the privateers abusing a game mechanic.

If you want to blame BoB for it, we are waiting with baited breath for some facts.  All I have seen so far is inuendo, which is really quite lame.

• blackcat35blackcat35 Member Posts: 479

Note to BoB players, never be too successful, it just gets you blamed for everything.
    The wardeck change had everything to do with a lot of players complaining about the privateers abusing a game mechanic.
    If you want to blame BoB for it, we are waiting with baited breath for some facts.  All I have seen so far is inuendo, which is really quite lame.
    Isn't all changes done by the Dev's directly related to their pet corp BOD?

==========================
    The game is dead not, this game is good we make it and Romania Tv give it 5 goat heads, this is good rating for game.