Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SANDBOX????

Realm-ReaperRealm-Reaper Member Posts: 501

I hope so!!!!!

That would make this game PERFECT!....Imagine the freedom. A sandbox game with the ability to fly everywhere! THIS IS GROUND BREAKING!

Comments

• GalupaGalupa Member Posts: 203

Do you mean groundbreaking because you can fly? i don't see how that is, it just means faster travel...

"The new age is upon us, yet the past refuses to rest in its shallow grave."

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by Galupa

Do you mean groundbreaking because you can fly? i don't see how that is, it just means faster travel...
    It will also have full aerial combat, and I'm sure it will be important in many PVP objectives. its much more then faster travel, thats for sure.
  • Nightshade44Nightshade44 Member Posts: 58
    I may be wrong, but I can't think of another MMO that has or has ever had free flight on the scale that this game is suggesting it will have, not to mention aerial combat. Yes CoH/CoV has a form of free flight, but from what I understand, in Aion... the game world is both horizontal and vertical due to the actual game lore's world. The southern hemisphere of the world being for the angels, the northern hemisphere for the demons, and the middle being the Abyss or war-zone. So definitely a lot different than CoH free flight.

Anticipating: Aion - Tower of Eternity
    Veteran: Star Wars Galaxies
    Veteran: The Matrix Online

• psyopsyo Member Posts: 9

"I may be wrong, but I can't think of another MMO that has or has ever had free flight on the scale that this game is suggesting"

Dark and Light had free flight. It was an awesome flight simulator but all other content was just aweful.

An I agree, free flight doesn't only mean faster transportation but also more options and moves in (aerial) combat.

-psyo

• thetankthetank Member Posts: 200
    This game itself and its concepts are groundbreaking in the genre..

It has its own unice type of RvR and it trys to inovate the PvP system (not as much as AoC but atleast it will try)

And i think the lvl cap will be HIGH so yeah..

Might be the game for you

• AyaseAyase Aion Community CoordinatorMember Posts: 118
    Hmm, would it be possible for the topic author to perhaps elaborate a little what he/she means by "sandbox"?

---
    Sebastian Streiffert
    Community Representative - Aion

Follow my twitter! aion_ayase
    * In order to cover my back, things I write are of course subject to change.

• MyskMysk Member Posts: 982

Originally posted by ayase
    Hmm, would it be possible for the topic author to perhaps elaborate a little what he/she means by "sandbox"?

Opposite from World of Warcraft. Think EVE online or Morrowind where you're set into the game world and allowed to take a path of your own choosing rather than being lead along set paths.

It's open game play in other words, and is typically skill based rather than having strict classes.

As far as Aion goes I have no idea, but frankly I suppose that I don't care either way. Yes I would love for it to be a sandbox, but I'm looking forward to Aion regardless.