Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Player Crew Ships and On Boarding Ships (Please Sign)

13»

Comments

• WhiteScionWhiteScion Member Posts: 67
    Its does'nt bother me that much that this feature is not available in the game. I made this thread just to see peoples opinions and to see was it possible. And yes I understand why it is not possible at this moment in time. But my opinion is if it was possible it would be a cool feature.

I still think this game is gonna own every other mmorpg on the market and cannot wait to get it!

But Good job to the devs and thrit great ideas put into the game! CHEERS! :D

Now do my Poll!
  • gannonreidgannonreid Member Posts: 172
    That's a Definitely!!! for buying it. About damn time for something new AND accessible. After reading everything, I am very excited about this game.
  • VociferorVociferor Member Posts: 98

Voted in your second poll too but just wanted to suggest that you might get a broader reflection of peoples' attitudes toward the game if you were to post it in the pub.  I suspect that the majority of people browsing this sub category of the forums will be those that are actually interested in the game already.

The game hasn't attracted the majority of the naysayers and drama queens - yet.  No doubt they'll come get their perverted kicks nearer to release though.

EDIT: rebellious apostrophe

• sitheussitheus Member Posts: 230
    Interesting option to add to the game, but given the limited resources I rather see them put their efforts into other parts of the game. If that feature was required, I doubt I would get the game because I would hate to sit in port for hours and spam "LFG 10 man cannon crew, 5 sailmen, 10 fighters, etc, etc". I mean if you think spamming "LF2M need tank and healer" in a fantasy game is awful wait till you try to fill your ship with players.  I rather get my NPC crew and head out to sea. Its all about game flow and fun. But yes I'm definately getting the game.
  • whiteacidwhiteacid Member Posts: 7
    I think that the option should be there for multiple people to go on one persons ship. I mean if you don't want to then you don't have to so the option to do it can only be good right?

-Acid
  • isildurisildur Lead Designer, PotBSMember Posts: 84
    Originally posted by whiteacid

I mean if you don't want to then you don't have to so the option to do it can only be good right?

-Acid
    * Is it more effective to have players aboard your ship?  If so, we've just gimped solo players.  If not, we've just spent a bunch of time on a feature no-one will use.

* How long will it take to code this 'option'?  Every feature we add as an 'option' is one fewer must-have feature.  Even if I thought this was a good idea (and I don't), I'd cut it in a second if doing so would let me put player-governed ports back into the game.
  • whiteacidwhiteacid Member Posts: 7
    Point taken, I guess I never thought of it that way ^_^