Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Shooting Update & Screenshot

KoltraneKoltrane Member UncommonPosts: 1,049

An update on ranged attacks has been posted at the official Warhammer Online site.  It gives a behind the scenes overview of what takes place during a ranged attack.

Your choice of weapon (and your proficiency in any associated skills such as 'Rapid Fire') will determine your rate of fire in the combat.

To put it in game terms this is how long each ranged attack's time slice will take. The longer the slice the longer it takes before you can perform the attack again. This means that a pistol's slow reload may mean it's possible for your opponent to get in two well aimed bow shots in the same time as the pistol's one. Of course that one pistol shot should really hurt!

So, assuming your weapon is aimed, your target is in range and in sight and you actually have ammo it's time to see if you can hit.

This is where your character's experience with the weapon they are using, be it archery based, firearm or thrown, is important. Each of the types has skills (assuming you've learnt them) that, depending on your proficiency with them, will help or hinder you in scoring a hit.

Also included is a screen of a pistoleer.  Click on the image below for a larger view.

View the update in its entirety at this link.

-----

Old timer.

Comments

• numaticnumatic Member UncommonPosts: 670
    Is it just me, or do the GFX in this game look like a cross between modern day gfx with something in the early 90's? I cant really explain it lol.

• acrobuddyacrobuddy Member UncommonPosts: 66

Originally posted by numatic
    Is it just me, or do the GFX in this game look like a cross between modern day gfx with something in the early 90's? I cant really explain it lol.

its not just you.. it seems that way to me too... i dont know why... must be that face, it has this sort of bad gfx look to it, is it just me?

-Scott

• OminisOminis Member Posts: 1,015
    Wow, that pictures.... Interesting. Not just you guys, I don't think the graphics are really going for this game. Hopefully for their sake they are trying to use the Warhammer license to its full potential. It just kind of looks like lower caliber EQ2 engine. But it still is an early model I guess.

Testing Now:

Alpha: Guild Wars

Beta: Saga of Ryzom + Risk Your Life

Currently:
    Playing: WOW & GW

• GrymGrym Member UncommonPosts: 301

According to the website, they are still aiming for a July 04 release. So these graphics are about as finished as they are going to get I think. Am I the only one here that is actually interested in seeing how they adapt the old pen and paper game to an MMO?

Warhammer was a great deal of fun on the table top.... I'm apprehensive about this game because I fear they will be a benchmark on how well other Pen and Paper games translate to MMORPG incarnations. Dungeons & Dragons Online for one.  If they totally blow Warhammer, in effect, making compromises on game content and playability in the interest of making a fast buck, I think my faith in the MMORPG industry will be dealt a near fatal blow. If they screw up with D&D online, I think it will be the killing stroke. image 

"Are we done talking? We are? Good! Can I go kill them now? Right.... Come 'ere ye bastards!!"

Grym Goblinsbane

(My son speaking to his Japanese Grandmother) " Sorry Obaba, I don't speak Japanese, I only speak human."