Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Combat Styles???

Hey all,

Was wondering im playing World of Warcraft at the moment and I enjoy it alot but im more than willing to switch over to Pirates when it launches but here is my question.

If anyone has any information on the ground combat style that would be awsome.

Not only that but, im going to be spending probably 3/4 of my time playing out in open sea ARGH! so I was wondering if anyone knew what the ship vs ship, and just plain old sailing controls and combat style is like.

Thanks all.

Comments

• bluedragon83bluedragon83 Member Posts: 23
    well your best bet is to join us in Beta and see for yourself.......it is free.     www.piratesonline.com/beta

So far there are no interlock combat styles like in the matrix. And NPC's don't switch weapons or styles. so unless they have a gun you can pretty much hit and run....wait for yourself to heal then run back in. I think the Voodoo dolls are the best because you can home in on the NPC's without being close enoff to them to hit you. The Voodoo dolls can be used for hexing, healing, and just plain hitting your opponents with needles.

Another combat is useing Knives, swords (known in game as the "Cutlass"), and daggers. this is a fast way of killing but when starting out sucks cuz you have to be up close to your opponents. As you progress however you can throw them at your opponent from a little farther of a distance.

And of course we have guns. YAY. Using guns is considered dishonorable though. And you get a warning sign saying that you should prolly use another weapon. I haven't experimented with it to see what happens if you keep using them so I'm not sure what happens after that. I've been too busy using my Voodoo skills

As far as ship to ship combat I believe that is still under a great deal of development so far. It's very hard to maneuvers with them and even harder to sail and shoot by yourself. You can't do both at the same time so you have to either recruit people to help you on board or switch on and off while risking being hit. in the mean time.

hopefully this answere's your questions. I'm trying to not get too detailed cuz I don't wanna ruin it for you. All stuff I mentioned above has been talked about in press releases anyways so I'm not breaking any laws either. But you should take a break from other games and climb aboard. Yes it's still in beta and is very buggy but there's a certain charm about it that makes it hard to pull away from it.
  • POTCguyPOTCguy Member Posts: 7
    Oh my God what is wrong with you. You can't just get the Beta you have to get an activation code so you can download it.

This is why It is hard to get it.
  • VexeliusVexelius Member Posts: 7

In fact, by going to the official site and choosing "Sign Up" and going to the Beta page and pressing "SignUp for the Beta test", you get redirected to the same site (https://register.go.com/pirates/online/preview/register), where you can apply for a Beta test account... eventually, you'll get an invitation.

So, virtually anyone can get  an invitation by just singing up and waiting a few days...

I had to wait a couple weeks.
    Does anyone know any other fun pirate MMORPGS
  • chris77chris77 Member Posts: 2

where do you get voodoo training?

do you have to be a certain level?

hi