Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just Ordered SWG!

GoDGuYGoDGuY Member Posts: 5

Hey Hey , just ordered my copy of SWG online , be here in 1-2 days .

Just wondering bout afew things , whats the most populated server?

I'm thinking bout going some kind of crafter , is it a worthwhile way to make money in the begining or would i be better off going something combat related?image

Comments

• panachepanache Member UncommonPosts: 397

Bria and Eclipse have large communities

I would advise against going straight for a crafting class. resource gathering is a nasty business with money...god knows what it's like from the start with no cash!

I would go novice brawler, then go novice TKA. If you stick with it you can master tera kasi and have enough points over to go master doc. With master tera kasi there are very few mobs you can't kill and with master doc you can buff yourself or others and have a thriving buffing business.

i bloody hate the uber melee professions!

Pan

• annxiiannxii Member Posts: 24

I would also suggest going for a fighting class at first. Crafting ends up being rather complex so to get some knowladge of the game first would be a good idea. As panache says then Teras Kasi is good. I'm Master Teras Kasi myself and it's a really nice profession, but it's totally up to you since all fighting professions has different strenghs....

The servers should be chosen considering where you're from. Eclipse is a good East-coast server but would be better to choose a server like FarStar if you're european

but don't forget the crafting. When you get a little more hold of the game and perhaps some friends that can help you, then you should try it out. It's the greatest crafting system in any MMORPG so would be s shame not to check out such a feature ::::08::

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

yes any fighting class would be a good first starters for collecting money. 

The only bad part of a populated server is that many popular servers will tend to have screwed up economies.

Im on Chilastra server and the prices are decent.  On StarSider the server is pop is good but prices are $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• CthulhuvongCthulhuvong Member UncommonPosts: 433
    you could come and try Valcyn, it seems everyone is. Our economy isn't bad, our community is great, and we all have a good time. Plus, there will always be someome on, since it is the unoffical Aussie/Kiwi server and has a large european pop too.

Waiting For: something good
    Games Tried: SWTOR, Star Trek Online, EQ, EQ2, Earth and Beyond, Planetside, Lineage 2, Eve Online, WoW, City of Heroes, City of Villians, Auto Assault, Fallen Earth
    Star Wars: Galaxies - Ibra Olasi (Valcyn Server) [Dead, screw you SOE]

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Avoid like the plague the older servers!

Reason is that most of those servers have been so duped the economy is whacked.Also if you want to play a crafter you be in competition with people that have resources which are from day 1 .And in crafting resources is the main thing.

Recently i came back and they so buffed the TK that it is not uber.You can go round wiping nearly everything in your path.So i suggest you play this for a while and make good money.

Then you can settle into what you want to play.

• GoDGuYGoDGuY Member Posts: 5

Ok , got onto Bria made me a marksman named Faras Tulroon (look me up if you wanna gimme some free stufff) hehe.

But then found out only one character per server?!

• CthulhuvongCthulhuvong Member UncommonPosts: 433
    yep, only one character per server. Except on the Test Center, you can have 3 there, but thats for testing new publishes and fixes, and so is usually buggy.

Waiting For: something good
    Games Tried: SWTOR, Star Trek Online, EQ, EQ2, Earth and Beyond, Planetside, Lineage 2, Eve Online, WoW, City of Heroes, City of Villians, Auto Assault, Fallen Earth
    Star Wars: Galaxies - Ibra Olasi (Valcyn Server) [Dead, screw you SOE]

• FarseenFarseen Member UncommonPosts: 344

Im in server Lowca, and its got an awesome community. Just to share a fun experience if you want to hear one:

Yesterday, i was minding my own business in the main area of Theeds, Naboo and i see all my fellow rebels start shooting this one Overt Imperial. Turns out hes a Jedi Master and hes killing us Rebels off like flies! So i decided to test my bow out and shoot his Imperial Ass! Well, that didnt turn out to well. Turns out you cant Burst Run from a Jedi, they've got the damn force on their side. SO! He killed me, but it was really awesome to see all us rebels gank a Jedi =)

Shortly after i gave him a nice big wookie hug and all was well! (currently planning on how to eliminate all imperial scum image )

Message Farseen on lowca if you want to chat! Later guys.

-Farseen-
    " Faruka ! "

- Farseen

Current Game: Panzar

• panachepanache Member UncommonPosts: 397

Doh! told you to go unarmed!!

I cannot stress how bad ranged combat is atm. Carbines do more damage to yourself than the mob does, pistols are okay, rifles at the start are very slow and horrendous.

Yesterday my alt obtained novice tera kasi. He was soon killing pikets and doing good damage. Also only has to worry about one weapon, instead of the pistol,llc and carbines for each damage type my bh carries.

Get a few credits together and train novice brawler. I too prefer a ranged class, but they are sooo weak atm. against creatures it dappens your interest in the game.

Pan

• FarseenFarseen Member UncommonPosts: 344

Ranged combat isn't weak man. Im a rifleman, and you can do huge damage. I have never played as a close combat class, but my friend has, and we do around the same damage. Right now im doing more damage, but hes bound to catch up soon.

Each class has their own advantages, like knockdowns and and stuff. So im glad you chose your own class, choose what you want!

-Farseen-
    " Faruka ! "

- Farseen

Current Game: Panzar

• cerebrixcerebrix Member UncommonPosts: 566

I'm a pistoleer atm and i do GREAT damage. just remember, its all about the speed powerups and finding the right pistol/special combo that suits you best. i spam healthshot two for 700 per .5 seconds right now, thats 1400 per second, plus 3 stacked bleeds (thats w/ pistol speed gloves, sliced pistol, pistol speed seas in both my shirt and in armor, and pistol speed powerups).

put it this way, i had a tkn scream at me today for doing too much damage at fort tusken and "killing all the mobs too fast".

But as was said above, play what you want man, youll figure out just the template you want within a couple weeks.

-Me

edit: also, carbineers do good damage too. but ANYONE in serious combat is going in w/ full doc buffs and entertainer buffs so the HAM cost isnt near as bad as it was made out to be above

Games i'm playing right now...

"In short, I thought NGE was a very bad idea" - Raph Koster talking about NGE on his blog at raphkoster.com

• TookyGTookyG Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,115

Originally posted by cerebrix

I'm a pistoleer atm and i do GREAT damage. just remember, its all about the speed powerups and finding the right pistol/special combo that suits you best. i spam healthshot two for 700 per .5 seconds right now, thats 1400 per second, plus 3 stacked bleeds (thats w/ pistol speed gloves, sliced pistol, pistol speed seas in both my shirt and in armor, and pistol speed powerups).

It's impossible to shoot every half second.  The game has a 1 second cap.  No matter what weapon or your skill rating you cannot fire/swing faster than once per second.

Until you cancel your subscription, you are only helping to continue the cycle of mediocrity.