Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

for people who hate the graphics...

cartoonboycartoonboy Member Posts: 11

Y'all are always saying how the Runescape graphics are terrible and all that, and when you first saw the graphics you automaticly 'assumed' the the game was very bad without even giving it a chance! Well let me tell you something

1. Runescape is an awesome and fun game for all ages to enjoy

2. It's made out of JAVA!!!!!!! The graphics are as good as they can get.

3. Jagex is slowly updating the graphics anyway

4. The game was made so EVERYONE could play it, if the graphics got too good, people with bad computers wouldn't be able to play anymore.

5. If the graphics got better, the price would go WAY up, which means alot of people wouldn't want to play anymore.

6. There would definately be tons of lag if the graphic were updated.

7. The current graphics aren't even THAT BAD!!!!!!!

So stop whining about the graphics!!!! The game would actually be MUCH WORSE if the graphics were as good as WOW

Comments

• DiavirDiavir Member Posts: 31
    Originally posted by cartoonboy

Y'all are always saying how the Runescape graphics are terrible and all that, and when you first saw the graphics you automaticly 'assumed' the the game was very bad without even giving it a chance! Well let me tell you something
    4. The game was made so EVERYONE could play it, if the graphics got too good, people with bad computers wouldn't be able to play anymore.
    5. If the graphics got better, the price would go WAY up, which means alot of people wouldn't want to play anymore.
    So stop whining about the graphics!!!! The game would actually be MUCH WORSE if the graphics were as good as WOW

First off, you don't pay to play a game based on Java, simple as that

Second, yes they are that bad

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
    R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

WAR: Diavir Mortis 40 Chosen
    WoW: Desinovita 76 Deathknight, Diavir 70 Elemental Shaman
    Guild Wars: Oni Ragnarok, Warrior

• Originally posted by WoWpwnsRS

Rofl at that, WoW is as good as RS will ever be. How can you even say that... good graphics make a game worse? Also, WoW does not hide behind its graphics... damn wee children.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

• SailorCallieSailorCallie Member UncommonPosts: 54

The graphics may look old-school, but I don't care at all. They're perfect just the way it is.  
  • KaabulkKaabulk Member Posts: 670
    um dude theres games with way better graphics that are completely free..so how will the price go up? and yes they are better games...and jagex saying dats the best graphics dey can make without it being slow or laggy...dats jagex for ya blowing smoke up our asses.
  • GameMaster09GameMaster09 Member Posts: 9

I agree with you 100%. Alot of the times all u faggoty little crybaby whiners get on and our complaining about the graphics of Runescape.

Alot of the time you people just play MMO's because of the graphics games aren't all about the damn graphics. You wouldnt be whining if

you were a member for years you wouldnt be whining ur sad little ass off. So quit dissing Runescape when you don't know half of what the game is all bout

Originally posted by GameMaster09

I agree with you 100%. Alot of the times all u faggoty little crybaby whiners get on and our complaining about the graphics of Runescape.
    Alot of the time you people just play MMO's because of the graphics games aren't all about the damn graphics. You wouldnt be whining if
    you were a member for years you wouldnt be whining ur sad little ass off. So quit dissing Runescape when you don't know half of what the game is all bout

um dude i was lvl 92 with 99 wc and 1392 total lvl, yea i autoed for wc but yea i wasnt a noob. and graphics aint da only problem, its too repetitive and only point to da game is clicking...think of it dis way, deres not much difference from wc, cooking fishing, and alot of other skills right? cuz all u basicly click for different products dat sell for da same price. sharks and mages sell for same price...loobbies and yews sell for same price so yea.

and yea i have been a member for almost 3 years so i got a right to argue.

• ExhnozoaaExhnozoaa Member Posts: 43
    Originally posted by Kaabulk

um dude i was lvl 92 with 99 wc and 1392 total lvl, yea i autoed for wc but yea i wasnt a noob A Little self contradictory?. and graphics aint da only problem, its too repetitive and only point to da game is clicking...think of it dis way, deres not much difference from wc, cooking fishing, and alot of other skills right? cuz all u basicly click for different products dat sell for da same price. sharks and mages sell for same price...loobbies and yews sell for same price so yea.

Originally posted by Exhnozoaa

Originally posted by Kaabulk

um dude i was lvl 92 with 99 wc and 1392 total lvl, yea i autoed for wc but yea i wasnt a noob A Little self contradictory?. and graphics aint da only problem, its too repetitive and only point to da game is clicking...think of it dis way, deres not much difference from wc, cooking fishing, and alot of other skills right? cuz all u basicly click for different products dat sell for da same price. sharks and mages sell for same price...loobbies and yews sell for same price so yea.

yea but dat dont prove im a noob, it proves ima cheater
  • sonicjosh789sonicjosh789 Member Posts: 5

agree 100%
  • CeclisCeclis Member Posts: 29

What idiot plays a free game because they expect amazing graphics? I don’t get my cloths from the salvation army and expect to get something stylish.

• ExhnozoaaExhnozoaa Member Posts: 43
    Originally posted by Ceclis

What idiot plays a free game because they expect amazing graphics? I don’t get my cloths from the salvation army and expect to get something stylish.
    Well I do (refering to the second sentence). Nowadays, used clothing is in style...
  • SlashoSlasho Member Posts: 14
    To the OP:

If you believe any of what you just stated, I truly feel sorry for you.
    agreed 100% with slasho. may king draenor wreck  havoc upon you all. Yes he is king of the off topic forums only but...He shall be king of the world soon so he shall have the authority to demand you.
  • specter843specter843 Member Posts: 84
    Words of wisdom..not as good as the newly crowned emperor draenor but still good...
  • specter843specter843 Member Posts: 84

lol

lmao..well as you and me specter are competing to who post's the most worthy post agaisnt runescape and crush the most people in arguments, I wish you good luck as it seems we are one agaisnt runescape, but we are two concerning who puts up the best argument agaisnt runescape. You are the most worthy foe Specter. I proclaim Whoever wins shall be Dictator of the Runescape forums at mmorpg.com. Of course under our emperor Draenor. But yea. Good luck to you sir, and may you remember we are one agaisnt runescape. Not saying you are the anarcho punk type as I clearly am, just saying we share a great goal in common, to crush the little kiddies arguments stating that runescape rules, then never look at there thread again...but we shall change that soon. We will show the world clearly why they need to get a life...thats why they invented parent guide on runescape people! It teaches you that 2 iron ores and a coal ore make steel people, next time read the damn thing when making posts about runescape being great all the time and never reading your thread.

And sorry for the run-on sentences, but I am normally not the one for grammar unless I have great respect for someone, or the person I am talking to is a complete dumb ass who doesn't under stand what "stfu" means or something of the liking.

Don't worry you fall under number 1 the "great respect" one not the "dumb ass" one.

• ShousengaShousenga Member Posts: 6

1. Runescape is an awesome and fun game for all ages to enjoy  >I wouldn't bet on seeing a 80 year old on this game.<

2. It's made out of JAVA!!!!!!! The graphics are as good as they can get.  >Then perhaps they should stop counting the money they make and get a program that can actually make good grahpics like Cinema 4D or Crytec.<

3. Jagex is slowly updating the graphics anyway  >It only took them 2 years to make a Dragon look more Ugly.<

5. If the graphics got better, the price would go WAY up, which means alot of people wouldn't want to play anymore. >The prices would go up by about 5 dollars, 10 at the most. I wouldn't mind paying for it. unless you live in a trailer park with a laptop, I don't think it's a problem<

6. There would definately be tons of lag if the graphic were updated.  >You don't know what you're fucking talking about, If they had a decent Graphic/Programming/Bandwidth Engine, it wouldn't fucking matter!

7. The current graphics aren't even THAT BAD!!!!!!!  >Hey bud... go take a look at the more recent games.<

So stop whining about the graphics!!!! The game would actually be MUCH WORSE if the graphics were as good as WOW  >I wouldn't want them to be cartoony like WoW, either way it's better than RS graphics...<

Oh and people reading this, I am not sucking up to him. Just offering him my sincerest regards and a challenge for both of us to embark on, thanks to him he has renewed my spirit for new arguments that shall crush the little kiddie supporters. I was clearly about to quit since people can't get it through their thick heads clearly what my posts are saying..
    shousenga, you have clrealy put up a good argument but let me make it easier to recognize your text and put up some arguments of my own.
    Originally posted by Shousenga

Y'all are always saying how the Runescape graphics are terrible and all that, and when you first saw the graphics you automaticly 'assumed' the the game was very bad without even giving it a chance! Well let me tell you something Yea no kidding then tell me why I played for 3 years then quit and currently hate Runescape for NUMEROUS reasons which do not feel like writting a book about...how about you read some of the threads on the mmorp.com runescape forums...you will surely find some.

1. Runescape is an awesome and fun game for all ages to enjoy  >I wouldn't bet on seeing a 80 year old in this game.< yea sure we all like pointy goblin teeth and to talk like a mental retard who think he is a pirate..and gee they have the bext fashion clothes ever in a game...And saying is awesome ain't going to convince anyone to stop saying bad stuff agaisnt you little kiddies why runescape sucks.

2. It's made out of JAVA!!!!!!! The graphics are as good as they can get.  >and perhaps they should stop counting the money they make and get a program that can actually get good graphics like Cinema 4D or Cryctec .<  God seriously you have like 70% of your post here complaining about us complaining about us saying the graphics suck...they all say the same thing for god sake.

3. Jagex is slowly updating the graphics anyway  >It only took them 2 years to make a Dragon look more ugly.< yea some of the richest people in england decide to spend 50 cents to upgrade the graphics of there only source of revenue.

4. The game was made so EVERYONE could play it, if the graphics got too good, people with bad computers wouldn't be able to play anymore. yea like people complaining the graphics suck care, they probably have a computer 10x better than yours so I suggest you stfu and go back to your little game. And for gods sake stop talking about your graphics in each of your little pathetic reasons why runescape  is "awesome."
    5. If the graphics got better, the price would go WAY up, which means alot of people wouldn't want to play anymore. >The prices would go up by about 5 dollars, 10 at the most. I wouldn't mind paying for it. unless you live in a trailer park with a laptop, I don't think it's a problem< yea and tell me why there are better games with better graphics that are free such as space cowboy online, flyff, knight online, ect. to name a few. if you don't know how good the games are made then I suggest you look em up and as I said they are free and way better gameplay mechanics and such. maplestory ain't that great but its better than runescape mechanic wise, dont be confused by the little 3 year old cartoon style graphics, I favor em over your bullshit runescape graphics which lag even if they are the worst. they need to actually do a good update and buy more bandwith.

6. There would definately be tons of lag if the graphic were updated.  >You don't know what you're fucking talking about, If they had a decent Graphic/Programming/Bandwidth Engine, it wouldn't fucking matter! lmao my comp still lags when I play runescape and its 760MB of RAM, 256 MB on my video card and a 730k internet cable connection or so(forgot on exact amount on internet connection)

7. The current graphics aren't even THAT BAD!!!!!!!  >Hey bud... go take a look at the more recent games.< you know you have already mentioned this several times on several other of your reasons..you clrearly must reread your little post here...let me count up all the times you have mentioned the word "graphics" here...lets see...1,2,3,4...god to many to count.

So stop whining about the graphics!!!! The game would actually be MUCH WORSE if the graphics were as good as WOW  >I wouldn't want them to be cartoony like WoW, either way it's better than RS graphics...< god no kidding then tell me why WoW has 8+ million paying members who pay like 40 bucks for the game and he expansion and 15 bucks a month and runescape only has 1+ million members who only pay 5 bucks a month for some shity scam, not that it mattes for alot of tehm since they are clearly selling the money to the blackmarket for all you kiddies to enjoy.

and with that said, I think I have regained the lead specter on who is dominating the argument agaisnt Runescape
  • twaynetwayne Member Posts: 49

" will you be my bf? "

..and they use 50 year old men to pose as 13 year old girls to catch predators.. 

the only reason they have to pose as the 13 yo girl is because there are no real 13 yo girls asking a man about his penis.. they're all in runescape ya flippin dicks. 

that's why I don't play.

it's not the graphics so much, although it is pretty blah, along with the sound effects which sound like they were made before space invaders. it just doesn't have anything exciting. it's way too repetitive, and customization, or the lack of, blows. fighting is boring. working on skills is boring. there's no real coop play, it might as well be a singleplayer, especially after the fact that 99% of the ppl who play are either physically or mentally a 10 year old wanting to play follow the leader all day, and nobody is helpful with quests. you can ask people and they ignore you. you can try to help ppl and they ignore you. it's a waste of time .. you spend hours everyday working on your fighting skills just to be able to use a stronger pickaxe.. you start mining, hours, days, weeks.. just to get materials to smelt.. you smelt for days, weeks, months just to be able to smelt stronger materials.. you hammer those materials for weeks, months, a year just so you can make stronger weapons... you make stronger weapons to do more damage to stronger enemies to get more combat experience..  you get more combat experience to use a stronger pickaxe...   and eventually you're an old maid with a rune pickaxe and then what?  it's a big circle of suck.. 

so yet i agree with you the graphics are not the reason it sucks.

Lol nice one about predators..that makes it 101 reasons in my big book why Runescape sucks..
  • fooflingerfooflinger Member Posts: 121

First of all, Runescape my actually good is Jagex actually USED it's cash they get from their 1 million subscribers to update the damn game! Secound, the community is lowest of the low. Literally, nobody is nice. People will try to be nice simply so they can scam you latter, or lure you out into the wild. And yeah, there are many many child rapists on that game lol...Runescape is just TERRIBLE. Nothing about it is decent in anyways. For gods sakes why do people even play? Try out a game besides runescape and you may actually like it...

Waiting for: Archeage, Darkfall 2.0, and Planetside 2.

R.I.P Shadowbane; The best MMORPG I've ever played...

Check out my amateur gaming blog at: Thegamingbible.com

yea your right about them spending cash..only like 50 cents on some shitty updates..your other points are good though.