Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The coolest think to hit dark age for a long time!

earle90earle90 Member UncommonPosts: 12
You now get 8x experience for killing another player, compared to the amount of experience on normal servers up until now. This is now the same amount of experience gained for killing any enemy as on Mordred, the PvP-only server.

There are new Battlegrounds for all levels up to 45. These are 1-4, 5-9, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, and 40-44. So, there will always be a place where you can go engage in RvR, no matter your level - if you are level 45+, of course, you'll be going to the New Frontiers. You are not limited to these Battlegrounds - just like always, if you want to go out to the New Frontiers and engage in full-scale RvR, you are welcome to attempt to do so at any level.

You can stay in any of the Battlegrounds for as long as you wish, provided you don't level out of them. Players 15th level and above still accrue Realm Points for engaging in Battleground RvR, but now, once you've hit your cap, you are not barred from the Battleground - instead, you just won't accrue more until you attain enough experience to level up to the next Battleground.

The new level 1-4 Battleground starts out with very basic terrain and objectives. Each successive Battleground adds new features and objectives, such as keeps, towers, water, boats, etc.

image It's gonna be awesome

earle90

earle90

Comments

• DaShizDaShiz Member Posts: 375

One of my friends was telling me about this the other day, It looks like it will be really cool, and helps to keep people addicted if they feel like starting new characters! Sounds really cool, I'll probably get on tonight to see how it is. Only thing I wonder is if the battle grouds for lower lvls will even have that many ppl in there.

Your scathing wit and daring insight into the turbulent political crags of the internet are shining beacons of truth and purity for the slight remaining masses of visionless hypocriticial sheep who bleat at the thought of your glory

• earle90earle90 Member UncommonPosts: 12

Once it goes live it should'nt be too bad if they got rid of the /30 and /20 command it would fix the low level battlegrounds but there's always gonna be people joining dark age for the first time who will go there and learn how it works.

earle90

earle90

• Lunar_KnightLunar_Knight Member Posts: 292

I agree, in order for the new battle grounds to function properly for a long time, /level needs to be removed.

They might replace it with a /level 5 so characters can at least get their final class. I think that would be the best alternative.image

but time flows like a river

and history repeats

-Leader of "The Fighting Irish" in DAoC on Hib/Kay-

...but time flows like a river...

...and history repeats...

-Leader of "The Fighting Irish" in DAoC on Hib/Kay-

• kermit01kermit01 Member Posts: 11

Yea, the upcoming changes in New Frontiers look pretty good. I've been in Pendragon playing a bit, and the new areas, new little ports and maps and the new castles all look pretty cool. And from playing it on Pendragon, and seeing some of the patches and such.....it is looking like they actually put some good planning behind this, unlike ToA.

Here's hoping that when it goes live, it will not even be close to the bugginess that ToA was when it went live.image

• DrakolDrakol Member Posts: 56
    frontiers should definetly revitalize daoc.

Drakol
    "you can't be right all the time. thats why i'm here."-Drakol

Drakol
    "you can't be right all the time. thats why i'm here."-Drakol

• ColdmeatColdmeat Member UncommonPosts: 3,407

Wow, between that, and the graphics revamp in Catacombs, I might just reactivate my account when it comes out. Finally someone realized that leveling via pvp would be a good idea in a pvp(well, sorta) game.
    Who'da thunk it.

--------
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo

• sidebustersidebuster Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

Now is the time for Mythic to start advertising this game again, most people agree these next 2 expansions are gonna make DAoC a bad ass MMO again. They need to advertise these to gain new audiences by the way image

• ColdmeatColdmeat Member UncommonPosts: 3,407

If they really ramp up the marketing, and sell Catacombs as a bundle with SI/NF/the housing exp included, they could do pretty good for themselves. If they get the pvp balanced out like they claim, they could get a good number of pvp people to try it out since leveling via pvp is now a viable option.

The only things going against them is the slowness of leveling from 40 to 50, though being able to do it in pvp might lessen the impact of that, as it would just happen on it's own, while you were having fun killing people. The second thing is the rather high barrier to entry gear wise, with a good percentage of the players being level 50 with a good number of RA, high end gear from ToA, and the associated abilities that you can get there, not to mentions there aren't alot of players under level 20, so the early levels can be a bear if you're entirely new to the game. Though, if you pick Mid/Hib, finding help shouldn't be too hard, as they need all the bodies to throw against the Albzerg as possible.

--------
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo

• DaemonknightDaemonknight Member Posts: 10
    Wow! Finally PVP XPing and Battlegrounds all the way to 45! When will this be implemented? Are there a lot of players playin daoc now?

• SnipesSnipes Member Posts: 7

It’s in open beta now but they have not specified a release date.  The current test version is 1.70V

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> 

I have been spending some time testing and NF is a hell of a lot of fun J