Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWG Needs More Creative Tasks/Quests

MyskMysk Member Posts: 982

I decided to tinker around with SWG's "come back and play" trial. My character got close to level 30 before I decided to call it quits.

With rare exception, regardless of the task at hand you had to kill between 8 to 15 (typically 12ish) of a specific type of mob. After this is completed you're immediately handed off to repeat the exact same process on another mob, sometimes at the location that you're already in (and chances are you've killed several of them already, they just didn't count yet).

Repeat ad nauseum.

I receive the exact same experience in F2P games such as 9Dragons as I did in SWG. Paying monthly means that I expect (read: demand) variety in the actual game play, or where exactly is the value for my money?

The space missions were OK and served as an occasional break from the monotony. For a brief moment they reminded me of the Wing Commander games, which I loved, but they fell far short of maintaining that sort of epic space combat experience.

I couldn't shake the feeling that it should be advertiser supported, and if that were the case then it wouldn't be so bad to keep around. As it is, though, SWG still has a LONG way to go before it warrants $15/mo.

~Mysk

Comments

• jadan2000jadan2000 Member UncommonPosts: 508
    i agree with you, they do need to be more creative with the questing.

• SuvrocSuvroc Member Posts: 2,383

Some of the best quests SWG ever had was at the village, and that was removed for whatever reason.

The medical crafting quest was an awsome and should have been a template for more crafting quests throughout SWG.

But alas, I guess curing people of sickness on a battlefield wasn't Star Warsy enough. 

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

And many of the real old quests in SWG are very hard to complete.

There is no clear objectives....and those vere real quests..not small tasks.

As the "hero of tatooine" quest, "somewhere on tatooine there is a farmer in need of help", thats all you information you got

I miss those

• Mr.WizardMr.Wizard Member UncommonPosts: 243

Yup, "Legacy" is rinse and repeat stuff. After you did it once, you really dont feel like doing it again... 

The new upcoming quest in Ch. 6 isn't going to be different...do they ever learn

• RainStarRainStar Member Posts: 638
    Originally posted by Suvroc

Some of the best quests SWG ever had was at the village, and that was removed for whatever reason.
    The medical crafting quest was an awsome and should have been a template for more crafting quests throughout SWG.
    But alas, I guess curing people of sickness on a battlefield wasn't Star Warsy enough. 

Hopefully the Devs will put the village back to use one day.

I still miss the fun times during phase 4.

• SorcerousKhanSorcerousKhan Member UncommonPosts: 164
    SOE is hiring more people for Star Wars Galaxies specifically. I strongly believe that SWG is far from dead and will continue to develop into a truly fun game. This is especially true in light of Chapter 6, which combines the best aspects of Bioengineer and Creature Handler to produce the expertise tree Beast Master - a new crafting profession of a sort.

As strange as it sounds, I'm also eager to see if they develop the gardening system they're toying with at the concept level right now. The way they described it, it sounds like fun. And I HATE gardening in real life, heh.