Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard possibley going to announce a new mmo next month

2»

Comments

• ZsavoozZsavooz Member Posts: 532
    Hopefully Diablo, one of the best, ever.
  • SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    They should try something new... something gothic with werewolfs and vampires...
  • White-EyesWhite-Eyes Member Posts: 108
    Originally posted by MortisRex

Originally posted by afroburzing

as long as it has no 'leveling' or grind whatsoever it will be good other than that just another failure
    Yeah, over $1 billion in retail sales +$120 million a month is such a "failure". Honestly, your comment is one of the most detatched from reality I've seen posted on these forums (and considering I also read the vaguard forums, that's saying a lot).

Hey dont bash on the guy so much becuase blizzerd has had failers you dushebag! They have lost lots of money from project failers but have kept themselves alive long enough from the money coming in from WoW since I gess WoW is like blood to some people, you cant live without it.

But to be more on topic I vote Starcraft! I think that a succesfull Sci-Fi MMO would be amazing since im getting burned out on hack and slash games.

YAY STARCRAFT!

Stephan Moffett

• x96harigx96harig Member Posts: 33
    The term "next-gen" is typically used to describe consoles, and World of Warcraft has been rumored to be heading to the Xbox 360. Of course, Blizzard's VP of Development Itzik Ben Bassat told Empire Magazine a few months ago that the company's next MMO would not be another WoW. The Lead Engine Programmer Blizzard is seeking will be in charge of developing an entirely new engine for this next-gen MMO, and a port of WoW would likely use a tweaked version of the existing engine.
  • x96harigx96harig Member Posts: 33
    would be an entirely new engine, with a port from the existing engine,, what would that mean?
  • baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by White-Eyes

Hey dont bash on the guy so much becuase blizzerd has had failers you dushebag! They have lost lots of money from project failers but have kept themselves alive long enough from the money coming in from WoW since I gess WoW is like blood to some people, you cant live without it.
    But to be more on topic I vote Starcraft! I think that a succesfull Sci-Fi MMO would be amazing since im getting burned out on hack and slash games.

YAY STARCRAFT!

care to name what "failures" blizzard has had? it is not a failure because you don't like the game, it is also pretty stupid to think that if a mmog has grinding or leveling that it will be a "failure" as well.

given the fact that like every mmog known to man has some sort of grinding in their game. whats really funny is the irony of your bio, you just opened your mouth and proved it buddy!

• 92165449216544 Member Posts: 1,904
    Blizzard no longer has any "style." They have stayed so far from their roots due to their success. I can't critisize them because they really have done nothing bad, they only leave their product at a standstill and pour money into marketing and trying to establish themselves as the No. 1 MMO company for a long time to come. Blizzard is starting to remind me of Walmart.

I just hope to God that EA/Mythic works their asses off in creating a great mmo that will capture a large percentage of the gaming market and make sure to follow Blizzard in their marketing methods.

If they do infact make a new MMO I would say it would definately be Starcraft since it can appeal to a broader area then Diablo can. Starcraft is much more of an appealing/friendly game then Diablo.
  • SpeedMannSpeedMann Member UncommonPosts: 333
    Originally posted by Battlekruse

OMG, Blizzard is gonna use a  tweaked version of the existing engine (WOW engine) for the next  mmo. Yuck

You need to read it again. They are making a new engine for their next MMO and a tweaked version of the WOW engine when and if it is ported to the XBOX 360.

==================================================
    Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!

• SpeedMannSpeedMann Member UncommonPosts: 333
    Originally posted by x96harig

would be an entirely new engine, with a port from the existing engine,, what would that mean?

NEW engine for the next new MMO and a tweaked version of the WOW engine for the port to the XBOX 360.

==================================================
    Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    Live for the Swarm!

RIP Orc Choppa

• gannonreidgannonreid Member Posts: 172

On their website, they are starting hires on the upper-level positions.

This is a perfect time for the annoucement. Come a year from now, when I have my architecture degee, they should be beefing up their staff considerably for full production, perfect timing for me to get in with them :)

• SeptopusSeptopus Member Posts: 101
    I voted starcraft because the industry just needs a really really good sci-fi mmo. What better company to do it than Blizzard with starcraft? I would most likely be amazing. My guess is that there not going to announce anything till much later anyways. We can always hope though!

• RagewindRagewind Member Posts: 90
    swett