Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

no new info on site since 3/26 going on 2 months game still progressing?

sonicbrewsonicbrew Member UncommonPosts: 515
I guess the topic title pretty much says it all. I am curious we have had zero new news in almost 2 months now and there was some silly rumor awhile back going around about it possibly being scrapped which I paid no attention to but I am wondering something......

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Edmund Burke

“Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.” ~ Italian proverb   

Comments

• David_WolfpaDavid_Wolfpa Member Posts: 273

I hope they haven't cancelled it, i was looking forward to it. I haven't heard anything from this game for a couple months too now... strange.

• SandozSandoz Member Posts: 31

This type of behavior is so typical of EA. EA treats gamers like a pile of poop. They won't give you any info for months or they'll give you incorrect or misleading info. Trying to be a fan of one of their games is incredibly frustrationg. Will they ever learn that any info, even bad info, will give them more respect and "goodwill" than keeping us in the dark. I for one won't forget how EA treats its customers when my next puchasing opportunity comes around.

• David_WolfpaDavid_Wolfpa Member Posts: 273

yeah! you tell em!

well saidimage

Anyone in the UK breed Rottweilers? (I know its got nothing to do with MMORPG's but I really won't a pup!)

• ConerValloreConerVallore Member Posts: 36

I posted this a few days ago on another post with the same problem:

"About 3 or 4 months back EA decided to move the Origin studios in TX (the UO and UXO dev teams) to their HQ in Redwood CA. When this happened a large number (maybe 80%) of the UXO dev team in TX where unable to make the move. There was already a few UXO dev members in Redwood already working on UXO however not enough to complete the game. UXO has now been handed down to InQWis (the new Lead Producer) and the CA staff to finish. While they have had a shortage of staff, UXO has and will continue to be developed. The Redwood team is aggressively hiring devs to replace the former Origin team.

So the rumor is not true however there has been a slight delay in both community updates and game development. Keep an eye out in the next month or two for major updates."

That said, UXO is still in development but EA is not letting much info out about the game. I hope things will pick up in the next few weeks (however I have been saying this for a few months).

----------------
    www.TheTeutonicOrder.com
    www.UXOFightNight.com

• OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043
    While i didnt notice any new info in the FAQ section, it was noted on UXO stratics (and is true) that some of FAQs say 'updated' and are dated may 17 and 18. While this isnt big news, its still a sign that theres life.

• SandozSandoz Member Posts: 31

I've read various posts here reporting that the project is still alive and kicking. That may be true, but for all practical purposes this project is DEAD. From the public's perspective there is not a single indication that this project is currently in progress or will ever be released.

In other words, regardless of the true EA corporate status of the project in the public's eyes this project is as good as canceled.

• gljvdgljvd Member Posts: 27

Well there was no showing at e3 .

The page hasn't been updated in 2 months (from a weekly update schedual)

So i'm going to go with the  game is canceled but we aren't saying yet  idea .

For a game that was billed to be released early 2004. Even if still alive it wont come out till early 2005. Pretty sad if you ask me

So i'm looking into everquest 2 . Kinda upseting though since i was very much into this game and I put alot of time into some of the forums  4 of the 5 forums i posted at i was over 3k posts .

Didn't come here often to post because it was pretty much dead

• sschruppsschrupp Member UncommonPosts: 684
    I REALLY want this game to come out. They better not cancel it or I'll.. I'll... yeah!

• BeezerbeezBeezerbeez Member UncommonPosts: 302

Yeah, we're all in the dark here.  I guess what I hear about EA is true.  While I will still look forward to this game, I am currently enjoying others and have put this one in the back of my mind.  I'll be waiting in the background until I hear something.  I sure hope it's good news!! 

PS

CV-I'm moving out of state in a few weeks, so it could be sometime before I'm back this way.  I figure at least 3 weeks until I get up there, buy a house, and get cable or DSL installed. 

The Beez

• ConerValloreConerVallore Member Posts: 36

UXO is in development.... they just aren’t talking about there next wave of big plans. When the game moved to a new team they wanted to make some changes. They are working hard with a limited staff atm to bring us a kick ares game. Give them a few more weeks to get things ready. I still think UXO will be the best mmo ever to hit the market.

----------------
    www.TheTeutonicOrder.com
    www.UXOFightNight.com

• DienekesDienekes Member Posts: 484

Gee, another UO2 situation?  Wouldn't suprise me but I doubt they will do it with this one.  Think UO is starting to lose it's lifeblood to free shards.

As far as the move...so wait, 80% of the old dev team gone...what happens on the creative side?  Or is the game so complete that the new team is just finishing the code for features and such?

"Feel free to hate me, but hate me for the right reasons." -Me

"Your still ignorant if you believe the first thing you see when the blindfold is removed." -Me

"Be smart enough to know I'm smarter than you."

• BeezerbeezBeezerbeez Member UncommonPosts: 302
    It'd be nice if they talked to us about what is going on.  But I wouldnt expect that.  Like I said, IMO, this is going to be an amazing game.  I hope they can see that when they finally decide what to do (if they havent already).  I'll definitely be buying it on release day, I'm just sittign back and relaxing.  I think they've got something big and new in the works now.

The Beez

• sonicbrewsonicbrew Member UncommonPosts: 515
    Sad thing is it's June now and still no news or updates and no newsletters. There also was zero buzz at E3 it definitley makes one wonder.....

Edmund Burke

“Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.” ~ Italian proverb   

• bsherlockbsherlock Member Posts: 491

Even just a small update saying currently awaiting the filling of 15 positions for developers or some such would go a long way in appeasing the community.

I think that if the game was so close to completion EA would have waited a few months before relocating, and allowed the original team to finish the game.

So this means that the game must be a long way from ready and if they still havent assembled the new team of devs i think the game will die. And now its euro 2004 the will just concentrate on bringing out another 46 fifa games instead.

Elite Member - MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

MUAHAHAHAHAHA

It is a bit worrisome. When they announced the move I had assumed the game was near completion as well, since they were talking beta everything. Now though... I was really looking forward to this game too. Maybe with WoW and EQII on their way they wanted to step back a bit and make sure it was going to be a great game and able to compete with them. I don't know, I just can't see why they wouldn't post *some*thing. For a while we had Inqwis assuring us the game was fine, but now even that has stopped. image 

Yup, youd think that since we are the people who will be paying to play this game that they would ask us to help them, like Cal used to. He would always pop by stratics and answer questions, and occasionaly him and morgain would ask us what they thought of a system they were doign or were thiking of... i dont want to say anythign negative about the new the new team but it never hurts to talk with the people who are interested in the game. After all they just want the best for it, and jsut because one dev thinks 'oh this is a cool idea' doesnt mean that everyone else will...

• DarkbackwardDarkbackward Member Posts: 115

I don't believe this project is cancelled. I just believe that EA's focus is turning on non gamers to football players and rap stars so they can sell their assembly line of games.

UXO doesn't look interesting to me, UO even looks better than UXO.

Wicca wicca boom boom wicca wicca boom

Type Seed Game into your search engine. Go to the game's website and learn about it. It may be the best game you've continued to ignore.

To each their own It is said every game will not please every player that's for certain Dark. Back on topic it is almost 3 months now not a word, no updates on the site, no E3 buzz, no newsletter. I would say it is a safe bet at this point that either EA doesn't care about the small fan base they have for this game now ( which I assume at this point has grown even smaller) or they scrapped it and really don't care to tell us. Either way some sort of public dialect is essential for good business......

Edmund Burke

Yeah, I'm sure they're losing fans every day of silence they give us. Not only that, but the fans that are still left will get more and more bitter the longer they leave us in the cold. Very bad business sense here.

• DienekesDienekes Member Posts: 484

Someone said they moved the Origin team working on UXO to Redwood City HQ?

Wonder if I can get some sort of MMORPG.com tag and go down and lie my way in the door for an interview.  lol.

"Feel free to hate me, but hate me for the right reasons."

"Your still ignorant if you believe the first thing you see when the blindfold is removed."

"Be smart enough to know I'm smarter than you."

Well I have personally given up on this game at this point and I have to say although it was not the highlight game of the year it had some very promising features but at this point we are 3 months out now this coming week and this can't be good news.

Edmund Burke

• ConstantineConstantine Member Posts: 36

I'd take this game on faith at this point, but it's EA. The same EA who's cancelled a ton of other great games, including Dungeon Keeper 3! for no apparent reason. I hate to be so cynical, but I don't doubt that EA has cancelled the next Ultima Online game after so much work...they've done it before.

i strongly doubt they will cancel the game, but the devs being so dumb with the 100% silence is no reassurance...

• Sir-SvenSir-Sven Member Posts: 773

I hope they didn't cancel it. They are creating more chaos with their silence than not. I guess alls we can do is wait.

I find it hard to believe they didn't mention it at the E3. That is very disturbing.

サ ー ス ベ ン

• Sir-SvenSir-Sven Member Posts: 773

I remember when they were creating Shadowbane, they were telling us things, like twice a week, they would post updates. Eventually, when the release date was coming close, they would extend it for like 6 months. They did that about 3 times, I kept on waiting. When it was eventually released, (I had pre-ordered it) my computer didn't have a good enough graphics card. I didn't bother to check because I expected it had. We had bought a new computer 3 months later, and when I entered the game, it sucked. Oh well, I hope this game doesn't do that to us.image

We just have to wait and be hopeful! image                                               image

サ ー ス ベ ン