Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gelenia Population Statistics

I counted the population of Gelenia (most populated server). I did this today (Saturday 27th April) on 9:00 GMT which is definately a low time. There were 869 players online. 55% was lvl 1-25.

Not bad at all if you ask me. The fact that 55% of the characters are below lvl26 means that there is a steady influx of new characters. What's your opinions?

I'll do this again at prime time (Sunday 9:00GMT) and post the results.

Comments

• ownedyou1ownedyou1 Member Posts: 364

I havn't played vanguard, but i'll say this

How many servers are there?

850 people may of been alot a few years ago, but with the current mmo's coming out with over 50 servers and over 1k people on each,

such as, runescape (300k on at 1 time)

WoW ( 170k on at one time)

LOTRO ( 25k on, 6 servers ) or so.

I'm just wondering how many servers there are.

• huxflux2004huxflux2004 Member Posts: 730

there are 13 servers. Please dont put Runescape into the conversation. The numbers I posted are not impressive, i definately agree with you, but after all this bashing and flaming and problems vg is going through the fact that more than half of the population is below lvl25 is good imho. More people are coming, especially after the new patches that sorted out some major problems like performance (and traveling for some ppl).

BTW i see ppl leaving lotro soon. the game is a joke, so shallow and small!!!

• dimmit77dimmit77 Member Posts: 294

LORTO only has 6 servers? I seriously doubt that.

• Aphex26Aphex26 Member Posts: 16
    Yep it has
  • fozzie22fozzie22 Member Posts: 1,003
    The euro version of LOTR has more than 6 servers.
  • Aphex26Aphex26 Member Posts: 16

Yes, and the Asia Version has even less than 6

• boojiboyboojiboy Member UncommonPosts: 1,553
    How do you count pops?
  • thepatriotthepatriot Member UncommonPosts: 284
    LotRO has 11 servers in North America.
  • OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039
    The topic was. Gelenia Population Statistics ;)

On Sunday evening I think it's either was 2200 or 1800 @19:00 GMT sorry but my memory is not longer or better than that,

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

• dimmit77dimmit77 Member Posts: 294
    Originally posted by thepatriot

Even 11 servers are much less than I thought it will have . Definetely not a million subscribers it was rumored to have at launch. I really thought LORTO would do big numbers the first few months. I am starting to believe that all MMORG developing companies will have to start revaluating the size of the online market.

• ThaliostThaliost Member UncommonPosts: 104
    I think they will have to revaluate the way they make mmorpgs and not the size of the market.

I waited 4 years for lotro and after playing the beta and seeing how shitty the game is, I didnt buy it (which happened with a lot of members from my kinship as well).

AoC awaits now.

Anyways, the server numbers aren't that bad. I wonder if they shouldnt merge some servers with those numbers (although I dont know the game and how many players each server should optimally have).

Immortals [EU] - Darkfall Clan: http://immortals-online.eu/

Read my "funny" DF1 blog: http://casualdarkfall.blogspot.com

• boojiboyboojiboy Member UncommonPosts: 1,553
    Originally posted by Thaliost

I think they will have to revaluate the way they make mmorpgs and not the size of the market.

I waited 4 years for lotro and after playing the beta and seeing how shitty the game is, I didnt buy it (which happened with a lot of members from my kinship as well).

AoC awaits now.

Anyways, the server numbers aren't that bad. I wonder if they shouldnt merge some servers with those numbers (although I dont know the game and how many players each server should optimally have).

Insightful, but I disagree.  I think the MMORPG market is tapped and there are too many MMORPG products competing for the same customer base.  WoW expanded the reach of the market to an entirely new demographic... but since then, I think the market has remained flat.  Simply put, the market is diluted.

I think going forward there will be less entries into the MMORPG market.  If I had venture capital available to me, I would not even attempt to make a MMORPG right now.  No matter how good is was, it would be difficult to make a good profit.

• squeaky1squeaky1 Member Posts: 172
    Originally posted by dimmit77

Even 11 servers are much less than I thought it will have . Definetely not a million subscribers it was rumored to have at launch. I really thought LORTO would do big numbers the first few months. I am starting to believe that all MMORG developing companies will have to start revaluating the size of the online market.

People need to stop using WoW as the benchmark for subscription style online games.  WoW is an anomaly and there may never be another online subscription game that shows numbers like it. 

- How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?

- I don't know, but some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't they?

• xcryonicxxcryonicx Member Posts: 82
    Gelenia has the highest population? Hmm I thought Florendyl did. But anyway, those #'s aren't that bad.

I did a population check on Florendyl (/who from every lvl after 5 and yes it was tedious :P) at midnight one night and got about 990 players. IMO, that's not that bad considering it wasn't prime time. If this game can log 1k+ players (give or take a few more or less) regularly during prime time that's a success in my book.

We'll see how long the pops stay like that.
  • ThaliostThaliost Member UncommonPosts: 104
    Originally posted by boojiboy

Insightful, but I disagree.  I think the MMORPG market is tapped and there are too many MMORPG products competing for the same customer base.  WoW expanded the reach of the market to an entirely new demographic... but since then, I think the market has remained flat.  Simply put, the market is diluted.
    I think going forward there will be less entries into the MMORPG market.  If I had venture capital available to me, I would not even attempt to make a MMORPG right now.  No matter how good is was, it would be difficult to make a good profit.

I agree (without any data to back it up) that the mmorpg market hasnt grown much. But the market may also be stagnant because no new inovations have come out (at least it can be a reason for it). From the general feel I get, there are a lot of players waiting for the right mmorpg; or playing one to pass time waiting for the One to come out.

So even though the market may be stagnant (which Im not sure if it is), a good mmorpg would steal market share from other established mmorpgs (which lotro imo seems to have only done in a very marginal scale).

Immortals [EU] - Darkfall Clan: http://immortals-online.eu/

Read my "funny" DF1 blog: http://casualdarkfall.blogspot.com

• BaghdadBobBaghdadBob Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by huxflux2004

there are 13 servers. Please dont put Runescape into the conversation. The numbers I posted are not impressive, i definately agree with you, but after all this bashing and flaming and problems vg is going through the fact that more than half of the population is below lvl25 is good imho. More people are coming, especially after the new patches that sorted out some major problems like performance (and traveling for some ppl).

BTW i see ppl leaving lotro soon. the game is a joke, so shallow and small!!!
    Totally agree with you!! VG is the best MMORPG ever created!,  and when people get new super comps as gifts from graduation, Birthdays, Christmas, Hanukkah,Kwanzaa, festivus this game will take off like a car after a drive by.  LOTRO is a joke man. I mean what a peice of @#$%.  So what if it's "polished" so what if people can people can play it on a $500 circut city computer! It still sux. Only noobs play other games than VG!!

VG is the most incredible game out there! Brad is the best Dev ever as well! I heard his ear wax can even cure cancer

• Originally posted by huxflux2004

I counted the population of Gelenia (most populated server). I did this today (Saturday 27th April) on 9:00 GMT which is definately a low time. There were 869 players online. 55% was lvl 1-25.

Not bad at all if you ask me. The fact that 55% of the characters are below lvl26 means that there is a steady influx of new characters. What's your opinions?

Well first, the number of low levels can also be inflated by atls.

And Gelenia is the most populated server.

• Originally posted by squeaky1

Originally posted by dimmit77

People need to stop using WoW as the benchmark for subscription style online games.  WoW is an anomaly and there may never be another online subscription game that shows numbers like it. 

This is very true.

WOW was one of those games that just happened to be exactly the right thing at exactly the right time. I don't think it will be duplicated again for a very long time.

I think that any future mmo's can look forward to 600K or so max, and I would guess that 250-400K would be more of a norm.

LOTRO may hit 750K, but I have doubts about it's staying power. I could be wrong there, depending on how the next expansion goes.

• Originally posted by boojiboy

Maybe, but maybe not.

I think that the most likely thing to happen is that you will see more (and less expensive) mmo's made for niche markets, in the 50 to 150K range. If you don't spend $30 million on a game, then you can really do quite well pulling in $10 a month from 75,000 subs.

• lancebirdlancebird Member Posts: 166
    Originally posted by huxflux2004

And influx of new characters does not translate into an influx of new players, in fact it could just mean that people are getting bored any rolling new toons.  Vanguards population is something like 1/3 to 1/5 of what it was right after launch.