Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any good alternatives to DAOC

ArawonArawon Member Posts: 1,108
Thanks.

Comments

• JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528
    No. 

Next possibiites:

AoC 10/31

WAR Q1 2008.
  • ArawonArawon Member Posts: 1,108
    Yes...was just hoping I had overlooked a game and would not have to wait untill October 31 st . 
  • lnwlfx44lnwlfx44 Member Posts: 35
    AC1   Dark Tide server
  • GfrantGfrant Member Posts: 14
    WAR and AoC really are the only prospects for the future.
  • YatenkaiohuYatenkaiohu Member Posts: 78
    Originally posted by Gfrant

WAR and AoC really are the only prospects for the future.
    Yeah..? Check out Darkfall online.
  • BattleshipBattleship Member Posts: 62
    OP

I am in the same boat as you. I am seriously bored of all the games out now and there doesnt seem to be anything close to the rvr in DAOC until either AOC or WAR comes out in a year or so... and thats if they deliver bug free polished games. (Funcom had a total disaster the first 6 months with Anarchy Online when they released it. Lets hope they learned some lessons).

I wouldn't bet my cookies on the October release date for AOC either.They are usually pushed back at least once.  Also alot of people don't have the computers with the specs that AOC says will require to run it. It makes me wonder how popular it will become or if it will just be a giant lagfest. I don't see tens of thousands of people running out to buy new computers just to play it.

On the other hand, from the screenshots WAR looks too much like WoW to spark my interest that much. I really hate WoW's cartoony graphics. After the game comes out, if it turns out that people are giving the pvp good reviews I will probably give it a try. But not until months after it is released at the earliest.

Darkfall looks too good to be true to me. IMO all the things they promise will never be implemented in the game and it looks like it might even be vaporware as of now. I think the DF devs are really shooting themselves in the foot to hype the game like that since it will only dissapoint everyone when they cant deliver all those promises. I think it has been in development a long time (5 years?). Correct me if im wrong. If it does get released it will be a dumbed down version of what they have promised.

So, with all this I think I too am finally going to go back and give DAOC another try.