Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which Title do you want to be BioWare's New MMO ?[Release Date: 2009] COME ON Target is 1000 VOTES !

Comments

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092
    I read an article in CGW where Bioware sounded very excited about Dragon Age, because it was their own license. I'd be willing to bet their MMO is not going to be someone else's IP. Whatever, they do, though, I know its going to rock. BioWare just can't go wrong it seems.

I'd go with Dragon Age or Mass Effect.
  • wjrasmussenwjrasmussen Member Posts: 1,493
    Been waiting for dragon age for a dragon's age. 
  • fcweddfcwedd Member UncommonPosts: 196
    I agree 100%. I'm not looking for sci-fi or fantasy... I'm looking for Star Wars!
  • xAlrythxxAlrythx Member Posts: 585
    1/ KOTOR

2/ Baldur's Gate

I just can't resist a decent star wars mmo.

Currently Playing: Everything but MMORPGs
    Cancelled: L2, FFXI, VSoH, LotRO, WAR, WoW
    Looking Forward To: SW:TOR

• zaykodroidzaykodroid Member Posts: 220
    Originally posted by fcwedd

I agree 100%. I'm not looking for sci-fi or fantasy... I'm looking for Star Wars!
  • godpuppetgodpuppet Member Posts: 1,416
    Looks like the star wars fans got their teeth into this poll.

---

Originally posted by godpuppet

Looks like the star wars fans got their teeth into this poll.
    this is our dream man KOTOR MMO
    up
    up
  • gillvane1gillvane1 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,503
    KOTOR. Who doesn't? But there's no way it's KOTOR.

Absinthe Lovers
  • Zephyn02Zephyn02 Member Posts: 148
    I want to see "other" BioWare has come up with some really killer games and is very capable of making their own IP for an MMO. All I can say is it shouldn't be fantasy, I dont think that it will be but you never know.
  • xaldraxiusxaldraxius Member Posts: 1,249

Dragonlance all the way, I don't care if it's 'Just another fantasy MMO' I want to be able to go into the Abyss and save Raistlin!

Whatever they do I hope that it is strongly story driven and we don't have to do any more stupid, 'collect 15 badger pelts' quests.

• premiereboripremierebori Member Posts: 249
    Originally posted by Brenelael

Knights of the Old Republic definately! Fantasy MMO's have been done to death and we really need something to replace the disaster that was SWG. If anyone could pull off a good Star Wars MMO it would be Bioware.
    Bren
    Absofrackinglutely.
    Originally posted by premierebori

Originally posted by Brenelael

Knights of the Old Republic definately! Fantasy MMO's have been done to death and we really need something to replace the disaster that was SWG. If anyone could pull off a good Star Wars MMO it would be Bioware.
    Bren
    Absofrackinglutely.
  • tkobotkobo Member Posts: 465

Im see alot of kotor and star wars replies.

This makes me wonder a few things.Some of which ill ask.

What do you think makes Kotor a good choice for an MMO ?

Doesnt the thougtht of 5000+ jedi per server make you ill ?

What makes you think it wouldnt turn out VERY much like the crap SOE has turned SWQ into ?

Originally posted by tkobo

1) Im see alot of kotor and star wars replies.
    2) This makes me wonder a few things.Some of which ill ask.
    3) What do you think makes Kotor a good choice for an MMO ?
    4) Doesnt the thougtht of 5000+ jedi per server make you ill ?
    5) What makes you think it wouldnt turn out VERY much like the crap SOE has turned SWQ into ?

1) yes because so so so many people wants a star wars mmo especially KOTOR (dont talk about NGE please its just a game for under 15)

2)so go on

3)because KOTOR is the greatest rpg ever and KOTOR timeline is so f**ing suitable for a rpg by full of fractions jedis sith,republic and an awasome visiual environment (planets, races etc..) as we saw in KOTOR game.and also everbody knows that KOTOR gave Star Wars a new life and in so much peoples mind it is more fav than sw movies.(especially ep1-2-3)

4)no. because Jedi is the uniqe feature of Star Wars universe and if the timline is suitable (in old swg was not) then no problem with Jedis. Not everybody thinks to be jedi and also, in KOTOR timeline there is so much other attractive things for people (like Mandolorians)

5)because it was SOE this is BIOWARE
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    KOTOR is definitely my favorite single player game of all time.  I haven't played a Bioware game I didn't like.
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
    Originally posted by achesoma

KOTOR is definitely my favorite single player game of all time.  I haven't played a Bioware game I didn't like.
    then try

Baldur's gate

JadeEmpire

NeverWinterNights

and upcoming mass effect
  • Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574

The main problem with a Star Wars MMO is the classes are hard to balence.  Jedi should be the strongest combat class.  Because they are popular they will attract a lot of people and because they are powerful in combat they will attrack the power gammer. 

One option is to make everyone Jedi's and have differnt classes of Jedi's.  You first have the light side vs dark side.  Choosing differnt sides give you differnt force powers to use for the same Jedi Classes.

Next you will want to have the differnt classes similiar to KOTOR.  You have Gardian types that are the tanks,  you have Sentinal types that are rogue like, and you have Councilor's who are the healers/buffers/debuffers.   They will have differnt powers based on lightside or darkside.  You could probably split Jedi's up into even more classes so it's a little more diverse.

Another option would be to start as a certain class and then give the option for players to convert to certain types of Jedi at certain levels.  You could go to an acadamy like in Jedi Knight, Jedi Acadamy.

Personally I think it's better to just go with all Jedi so you don't have to worry about balence and just split them up into a lot of differnt classes.

up
  • Numa999Numa999 Member Posts: 62
    Fallout...
    i dont understand. there is 1300+ views but just 145 votes ??

GIVE YOUR VOTE MAN,

GUESTS IT IS NOT SO DIFFICULT TO REGISTER

REGISTER AND GIVE YOUR VOTE

WE NEED THEM!
  • khragkhrag Member Posts: 184

KotOR 1st by far...

But if they did Jade Empire right, that could be a lot of fun too!

I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self.
    --Aristotle

• Gammit100Gammit100 Member UncommonPosts: 439
    It's not a KOTOR MMO (the one they're developing), according to my buddy who drinks with some of the Bioware peeps  up in Edmonton.  Also, their new MMO will be developed by their Austin office, as the Canadian office has its hands full with Dragon Age.

MMO games played or tested: EQ, DAoC, Archlord, Auto Assault, CoH, CoV, EQ2, EVE, Guild Wars, Hellgate: London, Linneage II, LOTRO, MxO, Planetside, SWG, Sword of the New World, Tabula Rasa, Vanguard, WWIIOL, WOW, Age of Conan

This discussion has been closed.