Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quit SWG... Is it worth coming back?

jimkmhsjimkmhs Member Posts: 25
I quit galaxies a couple months ago, I was wondering has anything new been added, is it worth coming back or should I stick to FFXI?

Comments

• SartinmeSartinme Member UncommonPosts: 26
    I say stick with what you've got.  Unless you enjoy spam in cities, missions that vanish, and missions that don't even payout.  I just quit after a month of enduring alot of crap.  It was the first MMORPG I've ever played, and it ruined my experience.  I'm really turned off now because of this game.

• amesriamesri Member Posts: 2
    come on back. theres bugs. but hey what game doesnt have bugs? im lovin it here and having a blast. all except for the jedi changes and no unlocking after pub 9image

• TookyGTookyG Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,115

You should come back, lots of good changes to the game and more to come.  Spam in certain cities is a problem, mostly the 3 largest, as DrSartin said.  However, missions are vanishing and they are paying out, I haven't had a mission vanish/not pay in at least 3-5 months.

I'd give it a second look. image

Until you cancel your subscription, you are only helping to continue the cycle of mediocrity.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Originally posted by DrSartin
    I say stick with what you've got.  Unless you enjoy spam in cities, missions that vanish, and missions that don't even payout. 

Ive never had a problem with vanishing missions and missions that dont pay out....Ive done about 4 billion missions so far (LOL) or feels like that.

The missions used to be like that because people would destroy your mission objectives before y ou even got there.  But since I came back, I haven't run into that problem.

Now, if you exploit the Faction Points (killing everyone incamp.....going to next camp kill everyone there.....rinse and repeat without destroying camps) more than three times at each camp, then the mission will disappear and you would have lost the missions.  That isn't a bug...that's done on purpose.

But, nope, never had amission bug yet.  Spammers yes...the marketers spam their goods....but you only get those near the star port

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• panachepanache Member UncommonPosts: 397

Missions have been failing to pay out a lot lately....check the forums

On tempest i have encountered...

Vanishing half dead quenkers....most i have counted was 4 vanishing quenkers at one mission at a loss of around 12 k in xp.

Missions not even spawning...although it has always been like that but rare tho'

Missions not paying out after lair is destroyed.

I quite liked the latest patch which would show the closest wp to the grp mission and wp's to your group members even tho distant.....until i had a wp for the group leader duplicated and his name showed up twice in the window!

What comes first the patch or the bug??

Pan

• traineytrainey Member Posts: 13

I'll come back to this game when they change the timeline. But right now, it makes absolutely no sense.

Now we're going to have a million jedi being hunted by a million bounty hunters in fett armor. It's a joke and just shows the poor levels of originality and creativity the players of this game have - not to mention the ridiculous developers who simply toss out anything those unoriginal and uncreative players ask for. Unbelievable. This could have been the best mmorpg ever.

The way i see it...

They implemented the holo to give people a reason to grind xp and keep them playing.

People were turned off by this so they turned to the ever present "introduce new loot" to keep interests high like other mmorpg's.

Now they are planning a jedi revamp to keep people turned off by the thought of grinding 32 professions playing.

And the combat nerf i mean rebalance which sees one TKA outdamage a group of 3 and killsteal everyones mobs...

I doubt they have the inteligence to repair Swg. Ideas they come up with are bug ridden,shoddy and in some cases impossible. With all the people leaving and the implemetation of quests so hard in the attempt to develop a reason to group there won't be enough people on to do them

Pan

I'm glad to hear that I'm really not the only person having these problems.  The group that I play with say they've rarely encountered these problems, but I encountered them by the numbers the other day.  Even someone else in the group I was in encountered numberous non-payouts.  My friends say its all on Dantooine, does anyone think this or does anyone know this.  Everyone else says I should have faith that they'll fix these bugs, but I grinded 3 professions waiting for them to fix them.

And up to this point I never thought about the timeline thing like that.  But it does make complete sense, all except for the million Jedi.  But honestly put in some major events that would shake things up?  Wait, can't do that... they might fix a bug along the way.

It may be on Dantoinne....all I know is Ive done Tatoinne, Naboo, Dathimor, and Coriella and I have not had a borked mission yet.

Ive had items that would not appear in my inventory unless I logged out for 30 minutes...but I havent had a mission bug yet...not to say you're wrong....its just maybe in centered in a specific planet?

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• SkrmettiSkrmetti Member Posts: 8
    The game keeps getting better and better.  That being said, the space expansion is coming soon - it might be worthwhile to wait until that comes out and then look at the game.  But I've seen a fair number of people on Bloodfin come back lately and they all seem pretty happy with the changes.

WootHog: the social network site for MMO gamers

WootHog: the social network site for MMO gamers

• DaemonknightDaemonknight Member Posts: 10
    I have tried many MMORPGS and initially I found SWG to be unique and fun. However after a month of playing it seemed to be more akin to working than playing for me so I quit last month. Anything new and interesting from the devs?

Due to the interest I have in seeing if it was just my server that really sucked, I found that the new one I've decided to give a try is better.  At least spam wise, but I've yet to really try working on a largely populated planet.  We'll see, I've still got some hope that the devs can pull something wonderful out of thier butts. 

• NiklutNiklut Member Posts: 24

Originally posted by trainey

I'll come back to this game when they change the timeline. But right now, it makes absolutely no sense.
    Now we're going to have a million jedi being hunted by a million bounty hunters in fett armor. It's a joke and just shows the poor levels of originality and creativity the players of this game have - not to mention the ridiculous developers who simply toss out anything those unoriginal and uncreative players ask for. Unbelievable. This could have been the best mmorpg ever.

So something that hasn't happend shows the poor levels of originality and creativity of the players, and the makes the developers rediculous? Sorry I don't buy it. Another possibilty is that it may take 2 years with the new system to become a Jedi. But believing that is just as stupid.

After the Jedi patch there won't be a million new jedi the next day. On the very slim chance that there were, I would be one of the many canceling there accounts. But I seriously doubt it will happen. The best bet would be that with the new system it will still take several months to become a Jedi. And there won't be millions of them everywhere you turn.

I'm going to have to agree with you, unless you have 5 more professions left I don't see too many new Jedi's poping up.  I think they'll become an even larger commodity on ebay here in about a month.  Thanks devs, for at least making the game profitable when your ready to quit.

• HufftothHufftoth Member Posts: 18

Try anarchy online instead, practically OWNZ! And EVE online, DONT try it out. It really aint any good at all.... Only that 6 guilds have done a little voting at the game.. allmost all players in all guilds have voted 10.

Try Anarchy Online, EQ, EQ2 when it comes,WoW (Open beta within 6 weeks, insider info),or DAoC!! :D I prefer AO, but thats becouse i like its more tactical and giving way.

Actually getting a good reward for doing a lot of missions is just GREAT! :D

• FarseenFarseen Member UncommonPosts: 344
     played SWG in their opening
    week as well. I went through the experience of becoming a Creature Handler
    only to get nerfed immediately and quit SWG.

A few days ago i started thinking about how much fun i actually had before
    the nerf, and so today i re-activated my SWG account! And seriously, its
    become a blast!

I still had my 70k from previous times, so i got to buy myself a new Swoop
    Speedbike! Dude! their amazing! I could spend hours just skimming over water
    or jumping off of hills! They also added mounts, and a vast colouring
    customization addition! Im having a great time.

To become a jedi is a long process, you must find Holocrons which give you a
    tip on how to reach your jedi state! Personally, im not too interested in it
    all but maybe ill give it a shot in a few months. I suggest you get the 14
    day trial and just try it out again, see how things are, after all, you may
    return just like me! If you do, goto server Lowca, thats where i am!

-Farseen-
    " Faruka ! "

- Farseen

Current Game: Panzar

agreed, the DEVs have done a lot to repair the mistakes Raph Koster has made....that much is very evident.

It's admirable that there at least trying.  Ive been surprised by the changes as well.  only time will tell

A lot may depend on your playstyle i believe...

If you have no set idea of what you want to do ingame and are happy to master every class and think "great what shall i do next?" i think you will find the variations of classes appeals to you. You will always have something to do.

If on the other hand you have a vision of mastering a ranged combat class such as bh and keeping it, you will be frustrated. You will be disheartened to find a melee character can go afk and kill,gain xp and loot while your pistoleer,bh, carbineer will be dead in seconds with you being at the keyboard.

The combat rebalance better be good...

Pan

• TeeiTeei Member Posts: 175

I suggest you to come back to SWG when the Space expansion come out.