Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I want to know what the big deal with EQII is.

RazageRazage Member Posts: 53

I've heard so much hype about this game and yet none have said why this games going to be so great.

Personally I'm not going to buy it because I didn't like the origional EQ, but that's just me.

What I want to know is why 90% of the MMORPG population is looking forward to this game and will buy it when it comes out.

There are two rules though:

1) You can't say "Because EQ was so great." You have to use examples and arguments to illistrate your point.

2) You can't say "Because SOE is making it." SOE is also responsible for SWG which is broken in more ways then one. Company names shouldn't be a reason to buy a product lest you set yourself up for dissapointment.

That's it! So tell me what's looking up for EQII and why all should buy it!

Comments

• digitydarkmandigitydarkman Member Posts: 2,194
    i also hated the original EQ, but i may give this one a try.. maybe

• LoD254LoD254 Member Posts: 373
    I played a little EQ, but EQ2 looks differant. I don't know how things changed after i left EQ2, but the factional pvp looks good. I hope the content of the game suites me, and that the leveling treadmill sin't so steep. I'll most likely be playing on weekends. Probably 10hours a week at the very most, and as little as none.

"No one needs enemies, but acquiring enemies is so much fun."

• jimothypetrojimothypetro Member Posts: 1,437

Well one thing is for sure, pretty much no matter how much EQ2 will suck, it will still be the MMO with the most players in NA heheh.  Because people will preorder the game 5 months in advance and sign up for the 1-year deal lol.

And alot of people will think it will suck, because the sequel is never as good as the original. image

But hopefully it won't suck, I've never played EQ but hear so many good things about it that SOE can't possibly do anything horrible to it to make it suck. image

But I would also like to know why EQ2 is going to be so cool, and better than EQ.  The only things I hear is that the graphics are alot better(eve though personally I think they look pasted on), and that all the NPCs talk.

But after coming from L2, how bad could EQ2 be. :P

----------------------------------

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
    -- Ken Olson, chairman of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977

• BobiinBobiin Member Posts: 198

Each class type will be wanted in the group,

Guild - Family - Fellowship options

Character customization

Class tree where you pick class based on your choices.

5 years of MMORPG experience so they know how to make a good one

amazing graphics and looks like gameplay will be just as good too.

each class can solo, but grouping is always faster which is nice.

A HISTORY, it would be interesting to see what happend to all the old places in EQ

looks like it will have a good tradeskill system that makes it fun

an actual economy

ITS GOING TO RULE

--Nyture, Arc Convoker of fironia vie server (EQ) --Retired--

-Newbie monk - Nyture on FF11

--Nyture, Arc Convoker of fironia vie server (EQ) --Retired--
    -- Nytur 39 Conjuror of Lucan D'lere (Quit due to low populations)
    -- Currently playing WoW while waiting for vanguard
    Explorer 66%
    Socializer 60%
    Killer 53%
    Achiever 20%

PLEASE SOE MAKE A CLASSIC EQ SERVER. Shadow of luclin was a prick in EQs side. PoP Was a gun to the face.

• ChronicRickChronicRick Member Posts: 569
    I'm just surprised Ramadin hasn't posted here yet. image

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

2) You can't say "Because SOE is making it." SOE is also responsible for SWG which is broken in more ways then one. Company names shouldn't be a reason to buy a product lest you set yourself up for dissapointment.

LOL, thats funny, if I had a nickel for every time someone has has told me "WoW will rock because Blizzard has never made a bad game." I'd be a very very rich man.

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."