Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which Title do you want to be BioWare's New MMO ?[Release Date: 2009] COME ON Target is 1000 VOTES !

Comments

• zaykodroidzaykodroid Member Posts: 220
    when will mass effect coming?
  • methulahmethulah Member Posts: 236
    Planescape all the way. Damn, that setting would be so sweet in an MMO.
    Originally posted by darquenblade

Got some more news to add to the KOTOR MMO fire....

Check out this link on the jobs page for Bioware Austin:  www.bioware.com/bioware_info/jobs/positions/austin_producer_licensor_liaison.html

Read the entire description of responsibilities. That job right there pretty much spells out that this MMO is based on a licensed property. I'm actually surprised at this, as I thought they would be going the route of an original IP.

Ah well, I'm sure a KOTOR MMO won't be a bad thing at all.
  • SeptopusSeptopus Member Posts: 101
    The KOTOR series was one of the best of all time, hands down. I really hope this is true, this seems like something that would definetly rock the industry, a good, revolutionary  Star Wars game/ Sci-fi? Suddenly games like WoW and Age of Conan don't seem that amazing. Well see, this would just be great. If anyone can pull a game like KOTOR off and make it wonderful it would be Bioware.

• LiddokunLiddokun Member UncommonPosts: 1,665

I voted Jade Empire. I think we need more Martial Arts based mmorpg that isn't crap. Jade Empire's martial arts system can translate well into an action mmo (think Huxley) and the game already have a character development system in place (it just needs minor tweaks to add a little bit of complexity). The world is rich with asian lore with various martial arts clans championing their school (great for pvp -- RAWR! My tiger Krane style beats your Preying Mantis style). This allows players to choose their own school and champion it -- various schools can feature physical styles or magic styles or both to varying degree. Plus I think a lot of people would rather play an asian adventure rather than the old human, elves, dwarves thing.. you can play either a standard human, a tengu race, half-dragons (dragons are big in asian lore), or maybe as a mountain spirit race. You can choose to be a shukenja (asian mystics), traveling monk, a swordsman, an entertainer, zen priest, or scholar as classes.

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902
    Planescape

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
  • HellsWizardHellsWizard Member Posts: 44
    Originally posted by Xanrn

Baldur's Gate Online?
    What in the name of hell are you on about?
    What so everyone is Bhaalspawn and the last one standing gets the Throne of Bhaal.
    Otherwise its just Dungeon and Dragons Online set in Fauren's Sword Coast instead of Eberron or wether DDO is set.

Yes exactly. Everyone's a bhaalspawn, open pvp, light death penalty. Quests & open hunting. Give level XP off pvp after a certain level, as well as quests/open hunting. Put in safeholds in with NPC guards, and player vendors.

Build it, they will come...

• pyrofreakpyrofreak Member UncommonPosts: 1,481
    I'm tired of fantasy, but I confess to having a woody for Dragonlance.

Now with 57.3% more flames!

• PhantomGunPhantomGun Member Posts: 18

As much as I want to say Jade Empire, or KOTOR, I had to vote other. I hope the new title is something like...

"Not another mind numbing grind copied off of several other games only with different graphics and story line"

Anyway Bioware has never let me down before. I am intersted in how this planned MMO is going to turn out.

-------------------------
    Currently Playing: VCO
    Waiting for: Florensia, Age of Conan, Aion, & Guild Wars 2.

• Kotor first then possibly Jade Empire
    Originally posted by nethaniah

Kotor first then possibly Jade Empire
    up
    up
  • darktravestydarktravesty Member Posts: 199
    Forgotten Realms Online, Neverwinter Nights Online, or Baldur's Gate Online would be my top picks. I'm a huge fan of Forgotten Realms, especially in the Sword Coast region.
  • tkobotkobo Member Posts: 465

Id like them to create a new IP.

Featuring a world overrun by a foul enemy.A world that needs to be, and can be won back thru many means.

A world in which each area of land needs to purged of the enemy,so that the next area can be.

A world in which once its been liberated , new worlds can than be accessed from that world that require the same.AND that can once again bring threats from hostile foes back into the newly liberated world, so that the players must continue to defend it, while also possibly pushing into the new worlds.

Something like the setting Feist uses for his books.

• x96harigx96harig Member Posts: 33
    TKOBO has a GREAT idea, then you actually think its worth something, that sounds like fun as heck, but i highly doubt it will ever come out :(
  • jadan2000jadan2000 Member UncommonPosts: 508
    Originally posted by starman999

Originally posted by Brenelael

Knights of the Old Republic definately! Fantasy MMO's have been done to death and we really need something to replace the disaster that was SWG. If anyone could pull off a good Star Wars MMO it would be Bioware.
    Bren
    Agree completely...

well said sir! God bless you!

• peenkpeenk Member Posts: 270
    I voted KOTOR.

But only if its not copied to any consoles as it will be dumbed down too much like some other game coming out in fall.

I would also hope for something better than dungeon rules character development system.  And NO FACTION SYSTEM!   I do now want to make Dark side character right from the start.  I want my actions to matter when I am playing, and not just from quests, but actually coming and pwnying someone player's face and getting +5 to dark side.  One of the major things pissing me off about WoW is its Alliance VS Horde crap and my #1 concern for Warhammer. 

And did I mention no dumbed down console clones?

WTB Shadowbane 2

Originally posted by jadan2000

Originally posted by starman999

Originally posted by Brenelael

Knights of the Old Republic definately! Fantasy MMO's have been done to death and we really need something to replace the disaster that was SWG. If anyone could pull off a good Star Wars MMO it would be Bioware.
    Bren
    Agree completely...

well said sir! God bless you! my hearth is with you
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Baldur's Gate

Best RPG ever (on par with the Ultima Series)

up
  • GundersonGunderson Member Posts: 5

• ComplicationComplication Member Posts: 209

KOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Young Carl: Oh boy oh boy! I hope this is a new mommy

Carl's Dad: Yeah its not. Unwrap it you little creep, we have to be at work in an hour.

Young Carl: What is this dad..wha...is this carpet daddy?

Carl's Dad: Carpet? No, no. Its berber. That's an industry term.

Young Carl: Hey its like a flying magic carpet here! Look at this, I'm flying around in Egyptland!

Carl's Dad: Don't get too attached there Aladdin cause its about to be magic flying dinner.

Young Carl: You can't eat carpet. Silly daddy.

• Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574
    KOTOR would be great, but I don't think Bioware will do another star wars game.  They seem intent on using their own settings now that they are established.
  • TaucetiTauceti Member Posts: 168

Hi all,

My top 3 choices for this with 1 being the top spot is the following;

1. KOTOR

2. Jade Empire

3. Mass Effect

I've tried the 1st two already and both were pretty good, especially KOTOR.  So, I could easily see both turn inot a MMORPG. I could see Mass Effect having the potential for a MMORPG.

IMO,

Tauceti

This discussion has been closed.