Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Galaxies

I don't mean to start a flame war, or anything of that kind. I'm usually not the person to plug games either but well, I feel it's nessisary.

I resubscribed to SWG a few days ago and well, it's really getting better. The crafting system has changed *almost* back to it's old self. Like, now they have Reverse Engineering which makes you able to take loot garbage, engineer it, and make it into experimental enhancements. Sort of like before, but not exactly.

Also, they're paying more attention to the Entertainers. Now, entertainers can use the expertise system (Point system to get different upgrades and skills) to get a holographic band to accompany them.

For combat, the game has changed to a FPS, basically. There's no locking on to the enemy so if your a big PvP kind of person, it can be tough if your apponent is running around and everything.

If you haven't heard, in a week or two their reissuing bio-engineering and Creature handling as a class called Beast Master. I think SWG dev's are finally paying attention and giving us back what we want, slowly. I think there going for a whole "Coke Classic" type thing. Had the soda, fixed it up and got ruined, redistributed the old recipe as Coke Classic.

Oh, also, they have a compaign thing going on where if you don't sign in until June 1st, your house will be destroyed. "Move it or Lose it" is what there calling it. So, the maps will be heavily cleared, no more empty blocks of mass and ghost towns. But, if you ever do plan on resubbing after June, your house will be in your Datapad.

I'm not asking you to go resubscribe or anything. Just pointing out some facts so you can stay informed. Keep an eye on it, it's really getting better.

Comments

• zaykodroidzaykodroid Member Posts: 220

NGE is a crap. thats all.
  • SnipanSnipan Member CommonPosts: 184
    If you are looking for a improved mediocre game, this one is definitely worth a closer look.
  • ownedyou1ownedyou1 Member Posts: 364
    I agree the game is getting alot better, theres just a few people (20%) that liked the bugged side of the game (precu).

Thats all.
  • winricwinric Member Posts: 14

resubsrcibed as well and things are getting better..

Being a veteran player, started on eclipse when no european server was there yet, i quit when creature handlers got nerfed to death, started playing again a year and a half later, thats when it really sucked.

Just started playing again with a couple of mates and well... i like it... the're changing a lot of things..for the better.

Lets see how long its gonna last t his time....

The Star Wars environment is great, lets make things work again..

Peace

• MordacaiMordacai Member Posts: 309
    Originally posted by PunkMonk

For combat, the game has changed to a FPS, basically. There's no locking on to the enemy so if your a big PvP kind of person, it can be tough if your apponent is running around and everything.
    I'm not asking you to go resubscribe or anything. Just pointing out some facts so you can stay informed. Keep an eye on it, it's really getting better.
    You are partially right here on the facts. The game has changed to FPS over the shoulder look. There IS however "locking on" the enemy both in pvp and pve. Target lock is set manually on your UI interface with a hot key like for me space bar and it won't come off unless you change target or hit escape.
  • AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704
    Originally posted by Mordacai

You are partially right here on the facts. The game has changed to FPS over the shoulder look. There IS however "locking on" the enemy both in pvp and pve. Target lock is set manually on your UI interface with a hot key like for me space bar and it won't come off unless you change target or hit escape.

So why is it over the shoulder FPS if the game uses the usual mmo targeting system?

How long has it been since NGE was released?  About a year now?    They still havent gotten the NGE to the same quality as pre CU, and as far as community and originality is concerned they never will even if they are adding back a bit of the content like CH.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• JADEDRAG0NJADEDRAG0N Member Posts: 733
    Its a shame realli a Star Wars MMO had a lot of potential.
  • ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    Originally posted by wormywyrm

Originally posted by Mordacai

So why is it over the shoulder FPS if the game uses the usual mmo targeting system?

How long has it been since NGE was released?  About a year now?    They still havent gotten the NGE to the same quality as pre CU, and as far as community and originality is concerned they never will even if they are adding back a bit of the content like CH.Untick a few settings in option, press a key on the keyboard and you can switch between FPS/twitch style and traditional MMO combat.

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642
    Originally posted by Snipan

If you are looking for a improved mediocre game, this one is definitely worth a closer look.

Too bad the folks that are empowered to do SOE , Don't care.

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

• mithrandir72mithrandir72 Member Posts: 1,286
    Originally posted by ownedyou1

I agree the game is getting alot better, theres just a few people (20%) that liked the bugged side of the game (precu).

Thats all.

Wow, that post wasn't completely and totally off-base and wrong...

I'll give you its getting better.  But 20%? I was in game just this weekend and the whole galaxy is deserted except for Mos Eisley, which looked about CU-Era Theed, and in the CU there were plenty of people in other cites (Sometimes more, actually). I've seen three people I've known Pre-NGE in quite a few hours this weekend, and one was a trial account. Ahazi Server, for your reference.

Also, more bugs.... Pre-CU and the NGE are both equally bug-ridden. Yes I've been in game, and there are plenty of bugs that have been there since launch, a few that were fixed, and a few new NGE ones.

Next time, try facts instead of spin.

We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment;
    We are choosing to be here right now -Tool, Parabola

• grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102
    The game is now a lvl grind followed by a faction grind. And to make it worse they ban people that go afk using in-game macros as soon as one of the GMs friends wants to use the faction area. The game has reached its lowest point when they start chosing which in-game functions you can and cant use and forcing you to manually click millions of mobs to faction grind.

--
    Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

• CiredricCiredric Member Posts: 723

Yep, I resuscribed and saw all of 7 people in 4 hours on Starsider. 

Just oodles of people to play with....NOT.

SWG is DEAD and nothing the devs can do to bring it back.