Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• RaiblastRaiblast Member Posts: 49
    well...never knew EA was a part of this...but now that i do, i say "who cares"

EA and SOE destroy every game.

it's...scary. very, very, very, scary...the world we live in...that's why i love the virtual world.

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348
    I saw this coming a mile away. The videos and such that I've seen do not look REMOTELY like a near finished game. I mean, compared to videos for Age of Conan, a game that was do out about the same time, it's a world of difference. That and they need to redo the sound effects. They make my ears bleed. :p

• AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857
    Originally posted by Fion

I saw this coming a mile away. The videos and such that I've seen do not look REMOTELY like a near finished game. I mean, compared to videos for Age of Conan, a game that was do out about the same time, it's a world of difference. That and they need to redo the sound effects. They make my ears bleed. :p
    I'd rather have my ears bleed than my eyes from the bright crayola crayon colors.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• XennithXennith Member Posts: 1,244

AoC was supposed to be out by now wasnt it? that got put back. anyhow, the art direction of WAR and AoC are not the same, you obviously dont like the WAR art, most people agree that its very true to the IP. How many pieces of game footage have FUncom released for AoC that last longer than 10 seconds?

Sound effects are not done yet, so i have this feeling that those will be changed when the game goes into beta.

We all saw it coming, its surprised no one, but for a game thats been in development for 2 years its looking very promising.
    Originally posted by Aelfinn

I'd rather have my ears bleed than my eyes from the bright crayola crayon colors.

QFT

Originally posted by Xennith

AoC was supposed to be out by now wasnt it? that got put back. anyhow, the art direction of WAR and AoC are not the same, you obviously dont like the WAR art, most people agree that its very true to the IP. How many pieces of game footage have FUncom released for AoC that last longer than 10 seconds?

Sound effects are not done yet, so i have this feeling that those will be changed when the game goes into beta.

We all saw it coming, its surprised no one, but for a game thats been in development for 2 years its looking very promising.
    Yep AoC got pushed back from last year early fall to this year early fall. I'm not putting down WAR because it was delayed, I'm just saying I could see it coming, it just didn't look as near finished or polished as say AoC, considering they were both do out at around the same time.

I wouldn't say I dislike WARs art. I think it's actually pretty decent. I just dislike the color scheme and I'm just not into the cartoony thing, but it sells, so hey. I'd like to think the sound effects aren't done yet, because man. They are crazy annoying. My wife would go NUTS if she heard that coming out of the computer 2+ hours each day and 6ish over the weekend lmao.

AoC has had videos come out that run for 30 odd minutes combined. Really crazy cool stuff too. Like

Like the GDC Developer Walkthrough Pt1 and Pt2, they are awesome. You can find them about 1/2 way down the page at this link;

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1905

• reavoreavo Member Posts: 2,173
    DANGIT

Now I have to wait even longer.

Well, okay.  As long as it's for the good of the game.  But I'm still tired of waiting to play.