Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm confused, anyone want to help?

Alright, I have read post, threads, the website, and etc. I'm thinking about getting LOTRO, but I need somethings that will put me over the top, so i will get it....I'm very game deprived...

Im confused on what you can do in the game....Seems to me that all you can do is do these story quest/side-quests. I played VG and didnt like it. I play WoW and i like it.

What can you do in this game that you can do in those, or more than you can do than the others? (such things as crafting, How the PVP is, ships.....etc)

Comments

• Man1acMan1ac Member Posts: 1,428
    Originally posted by Pants52

Alright, I have read post, threads, the website, and etc. I'm thinking about getting LOTRO, but I need somethings that will put me over the top, so i will get it....I'm very game deprived...

Im confused on what you can do in the game....Seems to me that all you can do is do these story quest/side-quests. I played VG and didnt like it. I play WoW and i like it.

The games does have a lot of quests but they all contribute to to deeds, so if you complete all the quests in one are you can get a reward patience +10%. You also gain a title for that particular achievement.

What can you do in this game that you can do in those, or more than you can do than the others? (such things as crafting, How the PVP is, ships.....etc)

Crafting is quite simple but you chose from 7 vocations which each have 3 crafting abilities. E.g a tinker can cook, make jewelery and mine stuff. You will be able to get houses and more character abilities later on.
    I'm not too packed with information as I myself have only has this game for 3 days but I'm enjoying myself. A lot of people are saying if you've played a lot of WoW then you won't like this game, I haven't played WoW but mabye an ex-WoW player who plays LOTRO can help you out on this. :)

We're all Geniuses. Most of us just don't know it.

• KaylessKayless Member UncommonPosts: 357

I'm playing WoW alongside LoTR and perfectly happy with both tbh.

I find the PvP in WoW alot better overall, at the moment that is...

The only people who are saying "if you played WoW you won't like this" I find are closed minded little ub3r WoW kiddies

• dand3dand3 Member Posts: 241
    Originally posted by Pants52

PvP as you've probably heard is very different.  You jump into a Fell Scrying Pool and get sent to the Ettenmoors as a level 50 Monster of your choice.  A Creep.  You can play as a Freep (Free Peoples) from level 40 up, so it'll be a bit before there are many Freeps. A very clever answer to the problem of PvP within the Lore. You can craft, with most crafts requiring you to buy materials from other players. You can explore; this is more rewarding than in many other games; this game is dense!  You can grind for gold,  titles, and traits to improve your stats.  Quests in The Shire can be pretty funny and offbeat; pie carrying and such.  Titles range from Slug Smasher to Defender of the Shire. If you start as an elf or dwarf, the early areas are more lore-oriented and less lighthearted. You can play a musical instrument (lute or clarinet now, more later.) This turned out to be surprisingly popular, and will be expanded in the first content addition, scheduled for June.  Economy still needs a bit of fine-tuning, but as I'm sure you've heard, the game is in a finished, polished, bugless state.