Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EqII is great in my opinion!

GwathrenGwathren Member Posts: 3

I'm playing the Trial; Play the Fae for three days now and i must say i'm hooked, i've already ordered the game and waiting for it to arrive.

Until now i've tried a Fae Ranger, a Human Monk and a Kerran Necromancer all till about lvl 8.

In the past i've played WoW a lot but was tired of it, it just wasn't that fun anymore, also the expansion was more of the same and coudn't impress me anymore. The graphics of EqII amazed me cause for example it's so beautifull to see the sun reflecting in the wings of my Fae, Wow can not compete with that in my opinion. The world looks so vivit, so allive and is waiting for me to explore it!

For all the Lotr commotion, i'm checking all comments, forumreplies and reviews for a couple of days now and i'm just glad i didn't bought it. If it's just a wow clone in a Tolkien setting, it can't satisfy me enough to pay the monthly fees and play it more that a couple of moths. I'm bored with Wow, and the clones!

I'm convinced EqII will do a far much better job to encourage me to play longer than the above mentioned couple of months!

Comments

• ZsavoozZsavooz Member Posts: 532
    It is a great game. The more I try other games, I realize how great it is. I'm trying desperately to enjoy LOTRO, but it seems something is missing.
  • GwathrenGwathren Member Posts: 3
    Which aspects of the game you like most?
  • VistaakahVistaakah Member Posts: 176
    Originally posted by Gwathren

I'm playing the Trial; Play the Fae for three days now and i must say i'm hooked, i've already ordered the game and waiting for it to arrive.

Until now i've tried a Fae Ranger, a Human Monk and a Kerran Necromancer all till about lvl 8.
    In the past i've played WoW a lot but was tired of it, it just wasn't that fun anymore, also the expansion was more of the same and coudn't impress me anymore. The graphics of EqII amazed me cause for example it's so beautifull to see the sun reflecting in the wings of my Fae, Wow can not compete with that in my opinion. The world looks so vivit, so allive and is waiting for me to explore it!
    For all the Lotr commotion, i'm checking all comments, forumreplies and reviews for a couple of days now and i'm just glad i didn't bought it. If it's just a wow clone in a Tolkien setting, it can't satisfy me enough to pay the monthly fees and play it more that a couple of moths. I'm bored with Wow, and the clones!
    I'm convinced EqII will do a far much better job to encourage me to play longer than the above mentioned couple of months!

I tried it for a month or so a couple months back. It's a decent game and the graphics are pretty stellar but, I always felt like i was playing alone. Its a pretty large world and well i just never saw many people not even in the cities. I think it has alot of potential as of now.

• AvathosAvathos Member UncommonPosts: 155

Originally posted by Gwathren

SOE is master mind when it comes to hook you up. Their character creation is amazing and the noob island is great place to have fun, but once you make the jump to the game itself. You will see it is pretty fun till you start reaching the high levels, then it is all crap. If you dont raid there is nothing for you to do. The raids are very repetitive with the approach of  "BURN... DPS... IN... DPS OUT" thats all. BTW before you get to enjoy the content you basically have to pay for 3 adventure packs and 3 expansion (maybe not now since I think they included in EoF) Dont worry SOE will find a way to get your money by releasing a zone and calling it "adventure pack"

• D4rv3nD4rv3n Member Posts: 164
    Lol, I got some money today, and I'm thinking of buying an MMO, I'll have to check EQ2 out!
  • bahamut1bahamut1 Member Posts: 614

[quote]It is a great game. The more I try other games, I realize how great it is. I'm trying desperately to enjoy LOTRO, but it seems something is missing.[/quote]

Yeah, the game, LOL, it's about 1/3 the size of the original EQ2 release and there's only 4 races and 7 classes... /yawn. I think most people are already done and it hasn't been out a week.  

Here's something interesting about LotRO. They have licenses for about 1 year of content, but are charging people $200 for a lifetime membership. Biggest scam in history folks, and people are falling for it hookline and sinker.

"Granted thinking for yourself could be considered a timesink of shorter or longer duration depending on how smart..or how dumb you are."