Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which Title do you want to be BioWare's New MMO ?[Release Date: 2009] COME ON Target is 1000 VOTES !

Official Announcements:

Graphic Engine : Hero Engine ( http://www.play.net/playdotnet/platform/ )

Release Date : 2009

Comments

• CaesarsGhostCaesarsGhost Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136

Anything followed by "And we decided to make our own engine instead of using somebody elses."

...damn modders...

- CaesarsGhost

Lead Gameplay and Gameworld Designer for a yet unnamed MMO Title.
    "When people tell me designing a game is easy, I try to get them to design a board game. Most people don't last 5 minutes, the rest rarely last more then a day. The final few realize it's neither fun nor easy."

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

Knights of the Old Republic definately! Fantasy MMO's have been done to death and we really need something to replace the disaster that was SWG. If anyone could pull off a good Star Wars MMO it would be Bioware.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• starman999starman999 Member Posts: 1,232

Originally posted by Brenelael

Knights of the Old Republic definately! Fantasy MMO's have been done to death and we really need something to replace the disaster that was SWG. If anyone could pull off a good Star Wars MMO it would be Bioware.
    Bren
    Agree completely...

Critical thinking is a desire to seek, patience to doubt, fondness to meditate, slowness to assert, readiness to consider, carefulness to dispose and set in order; and hatred for every kind of imposture.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Bren

Ille second that. Damn straight.

• zaykodroidzaykodroid Member Posts: 220

Bren

you are my man :)

• ownedyou1ownedyou1 Member Posts: 364

I think some sci-fi game, kind of like AO, doubt they could do another SW game due to SOE owning the SW rights to an MMO.

• beyondangelsbeyondangels Member Posts: 49

KOTR all the way

• DarkHolocronDarkHolocron Member Posts: 15

KOTOR... hands down

• JADEDRAG0NJADEDRAG0N Member Posts: 733

Well to start with Fantasy MMO's are as common as much nowadays. If you look at the list of released and in development MMO's on the list you will see that around 3/4 of them are fantasy. Well even tho a lot of people like them i have to say i am getting tired of them. Currently i paly EvE online which as most of you will know is a sci-fi space based game. However tho i think i will stay with eve i must say it would be nice during the long skilltraining in eve to play a Different type of MMO.

Now i like the Star Wars world but i dont like the idea of a MMO set in the movie period of the Star Wars world so a MMO set in the distant past would be great and it would free up the lore of the MMO in question. In the end we need more sci fi or curent world absed MMO's

• tapeworm00tapeworm00 Member Posts: 549
    Planescape: Torment!
  • GerecGerec Member CommonPosts: 185

I would love  KoToR mmo, or pretty much anything on that list, but man, a dragonlance MMO would be a dream come true.

Originally posted by Gerec

I would love  KoToR mmo, or pretty much anything on that list, but man, a dragonlance MMO would be a dream come true.
    kotor online is also a dream man :)

but i have respect to ur opinion

• KorususKorusus Member UncommonPosts: 831
    Something totally new, that is also sci-fi based.  They aren't doing 3rd part IPs anymore, Jade Empire isn't interesting enough for an MMO world, no idea about Dragon Age since we haven't seen it yet, and Mass Effect...just no.

It won't be KotoR, sorry folks.  Devote your energies to getting Knights of the Old Republic III.  You know an MMO based on the series won't stay true to it...so why bother?

Then again, it is Bioware we're talking about.  Maybe they can pull it off.

----------
    Life sucks, buy a helmet.

• ignisfatuusignisfatuus Member CommonPosts: 34
    I would absolutely love to see a Dragonlance MMOG.  As for Star Wars, meh, I never did see the appeal (same goes for Star Trek for that matter).  I wouldn't be too disappointed if they did a Baldur's Gate online game either. 
  • EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384
    As long as it isn't fantasy, I'd be a happy little boy

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• KorususKorusus Member UncommonPosts: 831
    Originally posted by Enigma

As long as it isn't fantasy, I'd be a happy little boy
    Hey, maybe it will be a Murder Death Kill MMO (Bioware developed MDK 2)  !!

edit:  Heh, I don't even know who owns the rights to MDK anymore.

----------
    Life sucks, buy a helmet.

• EichenkatzeEichenkatze Member Posts: 340

I doubt it will be a Mass effect MMO as the single-player Mass Effect hasn't even been released to the shelves.. and if in some way or form Mass Effect bombed out and did them a good deal of damage... having them be mid-way into the development of the MMO would be a really bad set-back for them..

But choosing out of the options.. odds are it'll be Star Wars related (for the community seems to love the idea.. and companies like to follow that) or Jade Empire.. maybe Balder's gate.

Everquest - 2000 - '02
    Anarchy Online - '01-'02
    Earth and Beyond - '02-'04
    Star Wars Galaxies - '03-'06('07)
    World of Warcraft - '04-'07
    Age of Conan - '08 - shelved.
    -Waiting on-
    Star Trek Online
    SW: The Old Republic

• MuffinStumpMuffinStump Member UncommonPosts: 474

I voted other as I am holding them to their word when they said they would only develop original IPs.

Something altogether new would actually allow for some innovation and discovery.

As an aside: Your side-sig mentions swg-emu.....Isn't that an illegal enterprise?

...and if it isn't I would presume it will be shortly when the LA/SOE legal hammer comes down.

(Sorry to derail)

• EichenkatzeEichenkatze Member Posts: 340
    Originally posted by MuffinStump

I voted other as I am holding them to their word when they said they would only develop original IPs.
    Something altogether new would actually allow for some innovation and discovery.
    As an aside: Your side-sig mentions swg-emu.....Isn't that an illegal enterprise?
    ...and if it isn't I would presume it will be shortly when the LA/SOE legal hammer comes down.
    (Sorry to derail)
    Actually, no one really knows right now (as to the SWG-Emu). Origionally SOE gave those working on it the go-ahead and told them they would allow it so long as no one charged money to play.

Then they said they wouldn't allow it (gained too much popularity.. enough so they got jealous)

and then peace talks began.. now i haven't a clue where its at.

Everquest - 2000 - '02
    Anarchy Online - '01-'02
    Earth and Beyond - '02-'04
    Star Wars Galaxies - '03-'06('07)
    World of Warcraft - '04-'07
    Age of Conan - '08 - shelved.
    -Waiting on-
    Star Trek Online
    SW: The Old Republic

• RattrapRattrap Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,599
    Baldurs Gate online ... wow ...

I suppose we can always dream

"Before this battle is over all the world will know that few...stood against many." - King Leonidas

Originally posted by MuffinStump

(Sorry to derail)
    SWGEmu is not illegal. you can do anything with Star Wars Title as long as it is free. George Lucas says that.

and they had talked about it , when they are starting EMU. so it is completely Legal.

and other way, Bioware didnt say anything about IP or Title it can be SW or Not, it can be anything, they just talk about importance of Story of a MMO on last interview, so It can be still KOTOR Online ..
  • saniceksanicek Member UncommonPosts: 368
    Originally posted by tapeworm00

Planescape: Torment!
    Yep, Planescape setting would be very nice, granted, its a fantasy setting, but a one with a nice twist and darker atmosphere. And also very well suited world setting for MMOs IMO.

Subscribtions: EVE, SWTOR WOW, WAR, DDO, VG, AOC, COV, FFXI, GW, RFO, Aion
    +plenty of F2P, betas, trials

Female Dwarf player: WOW, VG, WAR, DDO
    Due to the recent economic crisis and spending cuts the light at the end of the tunnel was turned off. Sincerely, God.

In a TheForce.net/RebelScum.com Force-Cast interview posted on April 27 Steve Sansweet revealed that LucasArts will announce two games at Star Wars Celebration IV.

www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/ForceCast_April_27_2007_Special_Report_105366.asp
  • XanrnXanrn Member Posts: 154

Baldur's Gate Online?

What in the name of hell are you on about?

What so everyone is Bhaalspawn and the last one standing gets the Throne of Bhaal.

Otherwise its just Dungeon and Dragons Online set in Fauren's Sword Coast instead of Eberron or wether DDO is set.

they are developing since december 2005 and still no news about what it is..

i am wondering if i will see the day that they announce it...
This discussion has been closed.