Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Installer ?

W@rlockW@rlock Member UncommonPosts: 29

Hey i downloaded the client to try the game, but the install would not work. 

Would go to preparing to install finish and then stop.

Anyone have an idea ?

Comments

• danmccooeydanmccooey Member Posts: 30
    Did you get an error saying the file was corrupt or did it just stop?  If it just stopped, go into the directory and see if you have either sb.exe or shadowbane.exe.  I believe sb.exe is the patcher, so running that should get you up and moving.  If it didn't actually install any folders, I don't think you have any other choice than to re-download the installer.  Either that or you can go on eBay or something and pay a buck for an actual disk.
  • W@rlockW@rlock Member UncommonPosts: 29

Ya, i dont have any files with SB,Shadowbane,Ubi, or anything. . .

And i did not see an error message of any kind just stopped after. . .

Hmmm... don't know what that's about.  As far as I can remember, I believe the download should have been about 800 mb or a gig (have had it installed so long I don't know how much more they included in the download) for just the zipped install files.  Was your download that big?  If you don't have any kind of sb or ubi files then I'm guessing the actual download didn't happen, not installer problems.  Re-download.  Can't think of anything else that would help you.
  • tboxtbox Member Posts: 372
    I am having the same problem with installanywhere. Targetinvocation exemption error in the java script. No idea what that is and i run xp home edition service pack 2.

I have no idea what "Installanywhere" is or why you guys are having any problems at all.  Just go here and download the zip:

http://www.gamedaily.com/shadowbane/pc/game-downloads/2014/

Open the zip and install.   Easy as pie.

p.s. Any third party program that "Helps" you download anything or "Helps" you install anything is a bad idea.
  • tboxtbox Member Posts: 372

You are confused installanywhere is like install setup in the game software.  Its not 3rd party as in I downloaded it. Its like another form of installshield. So basically still screwed.

Hmmm.... I don't know what that error is.  I'd suggest heading over here: http://ubbforums.ubi.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=sb_support_pc to the official hardware and software help forum.  Shadowbane has a large population of real deal techies that'll definately be of more help in this area.  Hope you get some help.
  • stayBlindstayBlind Member UncommonPosts: 512
    I also am having problems with the installer, i've download shadowbaneinstaller.zip which is 891.5 MB from two different sources, fileplanet and gamedaily, and both have given me the same problem.

I unzip the installer, and attempt to run it.  But it gives me the error:

"The magic number did not match.

Please get another copy of the installer."

Any help would be appreciated.

Little forum boys with their polished cyber toys: whine whine, boo-hoo, talk talk.

• HellsWizardHellsWizard Member Posts: 44

try Dloading it from gamershell , a guildie lost his disk and was running into Dload problems from fileplanet, anyways his Dload was fine and installed correctly from gamershell.

http://www.gamershell.com/search/?q=shadowbane

Thanks for the suggestion hell, ill give it a try and post back if it worked or not.

Little forum boys with their polished cyber toys: whine whine, boo-hoo, talk talk.

Alright the download from gamershell worked for me, thanks again

• W@rlockW@rlock Member UncommonPosts: 29

YAY I FINALY FIGURED IT OUT !  Me And My Grandma Share A Computer - We Use Seperate Users (We Like To Be Auto Logged In On Our Yahoo Emails) ,  I Tried Installing On My User It Did Not Work, Switch To Her User Just To Try It For The Hell Of It, AND IT INSTALLED FINE lol Pissed Me Off