Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AO still worth it?

I was always intrigued by AO and was just wondering what everyones thoughts were on it. I heard that shadowlands really sucked so i'm ethier going to start playin AO or i'm load up DAoC again until eq2 comes out or i get into the beta... fingers crossed.

so is AO worth my money or not and why would be nice.

Comments

• Alex_123Alex_123 Member Posts: 27
    I dont really like AO. Neocron is a LOT better. Give the 10day free trial a try!

-------------
    http://www.mysticwars.com/play.asp?ID=658

Great game!
    -------------

http://rpgfeed.blogspot.com/ - If you like RPG's, you will like that blog.

• DeadmanIncDeadmanInc Member Posts: 75
    I liked it very much...better than SWG IMHO........

• SelekSelek Member Posts: 236
     really like AO, and play it everyday:)  You can do the free trial to see if you like it on their offical site.

I've played just about every mmorpg out there thats worth a damn (yes even neocron beta and release) and now in the end the only game that seems to keep me going in AO. 

Anarchy online has a amazing community, and as soon as you find a good org(guild) youll be much better off.  One reason I really like AO is because of the roleplay. Im in a giant org that always has members online and its 100% in char. We throw parties and whatnot every night, its a blast. 

Now for the combat/content side of AO. The world is huge, between the shadowlands and rubi-ka youll always have a new place to explore and hunt. And if thats not enough you can always take on a instanced mission. AO also has a deep skill sytem which I really enjoy.

As for other mmorpgs, Everquest is old and im sick of it :P  SWG is a big empty world full of powerlevelers, I really liked SWG for about 3 months but once I caped my guy explored every planet and had a awesome house.. I was like what now? and quit. DAOC rocked for me but once I hit 50 twice I had seen everything, I was pretty burnt out. Neocron is nothing but endgame pvp, the world is EMPTY and the servers can have under 50 people on them at times so you don't see anyone. NC has a good community but a small one lol.  Also I just canceled COH 2 days before they billed me. The games world and combat are amazing but the lack of any real content , decent skill system and the slow leveling made me give up. I guess that covers the games listed and a litte more plus im sick of typing :)

PS: if your interested in AO talk to me on AIM (names Trulek) I'll hook you up ingame and help you out.

-Selek

-Selek

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384
    If you can get past a slightly outdate dgraphic engine...then give AO a try.  Its a pretty tight mmorpg.  I loved it. 

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• MortiganMortigan Member Posts: 6
    I really liked AO it, played the free trial twice, was close to buying it but then I got my SWG beta invite :(