Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for advice for a new profession

panachepanache Member UncommonPosts: 397

Hiya

I'm getting tempted to try a new profession...choices on my short list are tka,swordsman,fencer

With this in mind what pro's and con's have you guys come up against with your professional dabblings?

As almost every group ingame now is a "solo group" would i get fustrated say reaching the last box in unarmed and finding i could not get the xp for novice tka. Where do novice tka get the best xp?

As i'm only interested in pve which class would you say is most fun? I'm a mbh and feel sick when i see a melee character standing in the middle of a pack of vor's from a mission 99 difficulty when a difficulty 40 mission will leave my mbh incapped with the slightest mistake.

any tips or advice guys? :)

Pan

Comments

• EthecoEtheco Member UncommonPosts: 13

i do like tka for pve tbh, i enjoy it alot and against the ER they die fast :P

• TookyGTookyG Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,115

I think TKA is a very fun class.  I've got a master TKA that I won't be changing profs with anytime soon.

Seeing as you're an MBH I would guess you have composite armor?  It will really help you with this.

1.  Buy a Vibro Knuckler, you want it sliced for speed so buy 3 and get them sliced, keep any that get a damage slice for later.  You won't be certified for this weapon until Novice TKA but use it anyway!

2.  Get buffed and go to Dantooine.  Run Lesser Plains Bol missions from unarmed 1-4 and novice TKA.

3.  When you get novice TKA start doing quenker missions on Dantooine, you'll be killing these guys from now until master.

4.  Train up Intermediate Balance Conditioning for knockdown 1.  Then go up the ENTIRE power tree.  After you're done with power finish up the Balance conditioning tree.  Do meditation last!  The Precision Striking tree uses combat XP so naturally train that up as you get the XP.

You'll most likely want to switch to damage sliced VKs around Power 2 or 3 depending on if you've hit the 1 second speed cap with your speed sliced VK.

Until you cancel your subscription, you are only helping to continue the cycle of mediocrity.

• panachepanache Member UncommonPosts: 397

Interesting advice Tooky

Yesterday i went to Dant to kill Lessers. I got myself a set of buffs and imagined it wouldn't take long to get the last 125K i needed for novice.

Gosh was i wrong! It would take me an age to kill a bol. I even managed to set a chain of hits and go downstairs and make a coffee. I think the most i got for a kill was 340 unarmed xp. I don't expect xp in the thousands yet, but i would have thought i would have killed them a lot quicker some only had 800+ health.

I cannot stress how long it took to kill one so mate what am i doing wrong??

Ps didn't use a vk but i would have thought less damage would have made my killing time longer?

Pan

• TookyGTookyG Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,115

You swing much faster with a sliced VK than you do without, despite doing a little less damage at whichever unarmed box you have.

Perhaps XP was changed on the bols because when I was killing Lesser Plains Bols I was getting about 720 per kill.

Until you cancel your subscription, you are only helping to continue the cycle of mediocrity.