Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SPRPG?

I know this is an "MMO" forum, but does anyone out there miss the old style single player RPGs? Like Baldur's Gate, Diablo (I think I'm one of the few that actually liked the 1st better than the 2nd) - I loved those games. I've been looking around for that kind of game lately, and found 2 possibilities that show some promise. Granted, the graphics aren't like today's games, but they look fun anyway.
Eschalon, Book 1 by Basilisk Games; and The Broken Hourglass by Planewalker Games
Not trying to sell the games or anything - just figured if there was anyone else like me looking for a SPRPG, these may be some good options, especially if you don't care as much about gorgeous eye-candy (though they still look pretty good for what they are).

:-Phoenix
Artwork by Greg Land

Comments

• bathory723bathory723 Member Posts: 6
    i dont know... besides fallout i get bored fairly fast with that kind of games..still fallout 1 and 2 are the best games ever made
  • PhoenixRisngPhoenixRisng Member Posts: 11
    Never played Fallout 1, but I did play 2 - yeah, cool game. Never got around to finishing it though..
    Personally I'm more into the fantasy genre than the sci-fi genre.

Artwork by Greg Land

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

I have tried to play them.  I get bored to quick.  I need human interaction.  Ultima Online spoiled me for life.

• BongwateRBongwateR Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by outfctrl

I have tried to play them.  I get bored to quick.  I need human interaction.  Ultima Online spoiled me for life.

I hear that!

I did enjoy Diablo 1 much more than D2 though.

[This Space For Rent]

• PhoenixRisngPhoenixRisng Member Posts: 11
    Yeah, sometimes human interaction makes a game interesting, and playing with friends is definitely fun.  But I get so tired of the hackers and rude and immature players - don't have to worry about any of that in single player games.

Artwork by Greg Land