Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CCP nerf Privateers

Comments

• nakumanakuma Member UncommonPosts: 1,310

yeah i had a taste of the PA. not sweating it, cause my cruiser ddint have much valuable stuff on it. but now i have a domi, and heavy drones, WCS, 6 large turret T2's along with armor hardners T2's needless to say im hurting for them to come across me this time lol. put the ultimate smackdown on their candy asses. they been wardecing everyone like mad, this should put some stop to their assinine wardec's make them think twice. but im not really sweating it, let them come,

RK alliance from what ive seen and dealt with is more than ready for them, and extremely organized from what ive seen. as some posters hvae stated PA arent very organized, and strategic in their def/offensive manuvers but I wont underestimate them despite killing at least 5 PA's in the past week lol.then snatching up their goods :P and selling it on the market lol. ultimate payback lol.

i have a feeling PA is going to (if not already) completely close themselves off tot he entire galaxy and be completed hated, and ganked at any chance by all the corps, and alliances. but despite this i gotta admit they make the game just a bit more interesting and spontaneous. gotta see the good with the bad :P

3.4ghz Phenom II X4 965, 8GB PC12800 DDR3 GSKILL, EVGA 560GTX 2GB OC, 640GB HD SATA II, BFG 1000WATT PSU. MSI NF980-G65 TRI-SLI MOBO.

• mindspatmindspat Member Posts: 1,367

This isn't a drastic change.  With so many having their pannies in a bunch over this I was suspecting that the changes were more extreme; limited wardecs, freighters cannot be attacked in Empire, etc.

These changes do not favor anyone.  It simply puts everything in order.  I lend towards favoring the Privateers and I do not see this as a boon. 

What I would like to know is what happens if Corp A has 3 active war decs against corps B, C, & D then the Corps, B, C, and D, recieve 3 additional wardecs from other merc or pirate corps...does Corp A now have to pay the increased weekly cost of additional wardecs placed agasint their targets or are they only required to pay the initial fees imposed prior to the other agressors?

• damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449

the funny part about this ENTIRE thread, is if someone hadn't pulled the "we fight against bod and that's why we're here" card, when they OBVIOUSLY don't... i don't think anyone would've really even cared enough to reply to this thread.

robin hood they're not.

but i obviously give a rat's patootie about kb's, you see me posting and quoting from them all the time, don't ya?

i must be some uber noob that doesn't even play or something.  that good enough an insult for yaz?  one day i'll understand the point of a kb.  i mean, if you lose your station, it doesn't really matter what your kb shows, does it?  yeah, that last comment didn't apply to privs.  heh.

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

• MoobkradMoobkrad Member Posts: 308
    Originally posted by Agricola1

Originally posted by binjuice

We recently got war dec'd by PA, just before the patch so probably nothing special, and as soon as we were dec'd my entire alliance celebrated in the fact we could go out and kill PA... As soon as fighting was allowed (a whole 24 hours of anticipation) we had 3 PA kills and 1 loss ^_^ PA, yeah they war dec a lot of people, but they only roam in very very small gnangs and they are never organised beyond a 1 jump strategy, though their Carrier in Aunenen is going to be a very nice trophy kill ^_^, hope she sits outside and tanks the sentry guns after DT ^_^ *btw this is baiting, cause I am yet to see more then 4 PA on at once in a system...  want BS kills........

I love PA because they are hopeless ^_^

If any of what you say is true we wouldn't be getting nerfed. Oh and to the retard that gave a selective snap shot of our KB and his fellow village idiot that applauded him here are the stats for the last 24 hours,

Destroyed and lost

53 / 9

Battlecruiser

40 / 3

Battleship

154 / 4

Capsule

63 / 2

Cruiser

15 / 2

Destroyer

9 / 2

Elite Battlecruiser

7 / 4

Elite Cruiser

1 / 0

Elite Destroyer

22 / 6

Elite Frigate

2 / 0

Elite Industrial

47 / 3

Frigate

38 / 0

Industrial

4 / 0

Mining Barge

18 / 0

Rookie ship

22 / 0

Shuttle

Seems we took down more Battleships than haulers so far, anyone else have an alliance KB doing better in EVE? No?

Just point out.... You destroyed 40 BS and 40 Industrials (38 Normal and 2 Elites)... Then there you have a few Rookie Ships (otherwise known as Ibis) and a few shuttles (otherwise known as unarmed vessels).

Someone said that this is part of the dangers of EVE. I'm not discussing that. I'm discussing ethics, which for some doesn't matter and for some are important.

Originally posted by Moobkrad

Originally posted by binjuice

We recently got war dec'd by PA, just before the patch so probably nothing special, and as soon as we were dec'd my entire alliance celebrated in the fact we could go out and kill PA... As soon as fighting was allowed (a whole 24 hours of anticipation) we had 3 PA kills and 1 loss ^_^ PA, yeah they war dec a lot of people, but they only roam in very very small gnangs and they are never organised beyond a 1 jump strategy, though their Carrier in Aunenen is going to be a very nice trophy kill ^_^, hope she sits outside and tanks the sentry guns after DT ^_^ *btw this is baiting, cause I am yet to see more then 4 PA on at once in a system...  want BS kills........

I love PA because they are hopeless ^_^

If any of what you say is true we wouldn't be getting nerfed. Oh and to the retard that gave a selective snap shot of our KB and his fellow village idiot that applauded him here are the stats for the last 24 hours,

Destroyed and lost

53 / 9

Battlecruiser

40 / 3

Battleship

154 / 4

Capsule

63 / 2

Cruiser

15 / 2

Destroyer

9 / 2

Elite Battlecruiser

7 / 4

Elite Cruiser

1 / 0

Elite Destroyer

22 / 6

Elite Frigate

2 / 0

Elite Industrial

47 / 3

Frigate

38 / 0

Industrial

4 / 0

Mining Barge

18 / 0

Rookie ship

22 / 0

Shuttle

Seems we took down more Battleships than haulers so far, anyone else have an alliance KB doing better in EVE? No?

Just point out.... You destroyed 40 BS and 40 Industrials (38 Normal and 2 Elites)... Then there you have a few Rookie Ships (otherwise known as Ibis) and a few shuttles (otherwise known as unarmed vessels).

Someone said that this is part of the dangers of EVE. I'm not discussing that. I'm discussing ethics, which for some doesn't matter and for some are important.

don't you realize that only da uber pvpers can pwn indys?   silly rabbit.  those indys were probably firing a mean mining laser in the general direction of the brave bod-fighting privateers, and were obviously on bod-business!

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

• JADEDRAG0NJADEDRAG0N Member Posts: 733
    Who is this BoD i keep on reading about on this thread?
    Originally posted by JADEDRAG0N

Band of Brothers, actually is BoB.

But since some people think developers are helping them they changed it to Band of Developers (BoD). Is just here say by the people believing the conspiracy theories. Or those which envy BoB on any certain way.

But since some people think developers are helping them they changed it to Band of Developers (BoD). Is just here say by the people believing the conspiracy theories. Or those which envy BoB on any certain way.Waht you saying the developers were helping BoB all along please explain this thing to me?

But since some people think developers are helping them they changed it to Band of Developers (BoD). Is just here say by the people believing the conspiracy theories. Or those which envy BoB on any certain way.Waht you saying the developers were helping BoB all along please explain this thing to me?

Conspiracy theories man. I don't have the details available.
  • Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

Moobkrad, you're either a liar or just plain ignorant. A DEV that played in BoD was caught spawning free T2 BPO2 (we only know of about 8-10, because someone hacked a BoD website), CCP covered it up and did nothing except tell the DEV off. When we found out this year they took back the T2 BPOs that we knew about, the hacker was banned and the BoD CEO posted his personal details on EVE-O. The BoD CEO then proceeded to call his workplace in real life to try and get him fired, CCP did nothing. BoD and the DEV broke the EULA many times but no-one was punished, except the hacker that revealed it all. Though he didn't break the EULA as the site he hacked was independent.

Anyone who wants to slag off my alliance, please state the name of your corp/alliance first if you have the balls on this forum!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

Well sounds interesting but can you link me to any facts?
  • ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

To clear somethings up, BoD has many alt hauler corps that do their hauling (as do other large 0.0 alliances). We wardeced all of them and they started crying because they couldn't get their complex loot (you know the ones that spawn every hour?) to market.
    We have over 200 wardecs presently, we did this as a protest to the change. I've been in Privateers since the begining of this year, about 3-4 months.
    I used to PvP in 0.0 for over a year, it was a boring lag fest. Sitting on bubbles all day = boring, blob warfare = boring/lag fest, PoS warfare = boring/lag fest. These are my personal opinions on 0.0 warfare and it is the reason Privateers exist, ex 0.0 PvPers bored s***less by it.
    I think CCP should've concentrated on making 0.0 PvP more attractive and accessible to the playerbase, rather than making empire wars less. As it stands 80-90% of the playerbase aren't into 0.0, because it just doesn't deliver. If 0.0 was fun we'd be there fighting and saving cash, but it isn't. It would've been better for the game all round to make 0.0 more fun and more practical for the average player, rather than nerfing their fun to force them into a BoD lag fest/blob/node crash.
    In the end I play EVE for fun, if they make 0.0 more fun I'll be there doing the same as I did in empire. As it stands 0.0 doesn't have enough traffic, fleet warfare doesn't work as most of us don't enjoy slideshows. Also the game is balanced in favour of alliances like BoD as they have DEVs playing with them, why bother to fight them since we know for a fact all alliances with DEVs use them to their advantage? So for now I'll be going back to mission running in empire once the wars end, it's just more fun than 0.0 at the moment!

This is utter crap.  PA has WarDecced every major alliance in the game and numerous non alliance corps.  My wife is in a newbie mining corp and THEY got decced.  I know for a fact that nobody in that corp is an alt-hauler for anyone else.  Care to try again?

PA, simply put, pissed off too many players with their shinanigans.  To be completely honest most 0.0 corps don't use an 'alt hauler corp'.  They train up a noob corp alt to fly a hauler and haul their crap to a lowsec system then have it jumped out to 0.0 in an alliance or corp carrier.  The whole point of an alt hauler (yes, I have one) is so that it CANNOT be war-decced.  Kind of makes your entire point invalid.

PA abused a game mechanic.  CCP responded by fixing it.  Just because you don't like it doesn't mean a thing.  And, frankly, if you think your silly little highsec carebear alliance was hurting bob (or any other 0.0 alliance for that matter) you're deluding yourselves.

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

Moobkrad, you're either a liar or just plain ignorant. A DEV that played in BoD was caught spawning free T2 BPO2 (we only know of about 8-10, because someone hacked a BoD website), CCP covered it up and did nothing except tell the DEV off. When we found out this year they took back the T2 BPOs that we knew about, the hacker was banned and the BoD CEO posted his personal details on EVE-O. The BoD CEO then proceeded to call his workplace in real life to try and get him fired, CCP did nothing. BoD and the DEV broke the EULA many times but no-one was punished, except the hacker that revealed it all. Though he didn't break the EULA as the site he hacked was independent.

Anyone who wants to slag off my alliance, please state the name of your corp/alliance first if you have the balls on this forum!

No need to offend. Just give the details you have.

I don't have facts to share. Was waiting on some of those more educated folks on the issue. I consider them conspiracy theories. You don't like that fact, too bad.
  • Firebird1Firebird1 Member Posts: 222

Well sounds interesting but can you link me to any facts?

This has been covered at the Eve-Online forums.  Search them for threads and Developer Blogs on this. 

the sad thing is, you're only touching the tip of the iceberg of known ccp staff cheating in favor of their pet alliance.   for those that don't know, that's why a lot of folks call them bod instead, because it's the band of devs (and staff) helping out.

to which part of the privateer alliance do you refer?  or is there actually a steady corp membership nowadays, instead of corps coming and going willy nilly?

• BigDave7481BigDave7481 Member Posts: 298

The privies got what they diserved.  If your gonna pirate then do it the right way; dont puss out and hide behind war decs.  I have fought PA several times and they suck at PvP and only use gank tactics.  If you bring a real fight to them they dock up at a station.

My corp: The Hull Miners Union

The ball is in your court now Agricola1.

• pihlssitepihlssite Member CommonPosts: 213

ahh hm I cant see any nerf for Privateers ?

I see a better construction over the cost balance in War/dec.

• LordbaldurLordbaldur Member Posts: 31

Respect to the Privs, it was good to know someone was on the other side of that gate ganking the bears. It's a shame CCP would nerf you so bad, I feel for you guys, you made EVE a little more interesting.

I personally hope the Privs get it together as an alliance and move out into 0.0 and conquer some space. Or just try to gank a GM!

Originally posted by Lordbaldur

Respect to the Privs, it was good to know someone was on the other side of that gate ganking the bears. It's a shame CCP would nerf you so bad, I feel for you guys, you made EVE a little more interesting.
    I personally hope the Privs get it together as an alliance and move out into 0.0 and conquer some space. Or just try to gank a GM!

first - lol

second - which corps in the privs do you mean?  are the corps you refer to part of the privs right now?

• Inf666Inf666 Member UncommonPosts: 513

If it were up to me, lowsec would be 0.0, highsec would be lowsec and concord would be taken out of the game. I guess thats all I need to say.

---
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Originally posted by Inf666

If it were up to me, lowsec would be 0.0, highsec would be lowsec and concord would be taken out of the game. I guess thats all I need to say.

so, if it were you tp you, eve would only have 15-17k population instead of 30k.  gotcha.

• sartoriussartorius Member Posts: 199

I feel no sympathies for the Privateers at all, they're nothing but a bunch of griefers who exploited a loophole in the system to try and flex their e-peens.

I just recently reactivated my EVE account and last week I decided to try and start a corp of my own and get out of the starter corp I was in.  Four hours after I created the corp I got war dec'd and attacked by six Priv's in BCs and BS's while mining in my covetor in a 0.7 system.  I was stil the only member of the corp and had not had any prior run-ins with any of their members - I pretty much just kept to myself and did my own thing while trying to play catch-up.  Not only did they destroy my ship but they also proceeded to pod kill me.  They never asked for anythign my ship had in it's cargohold, nor any ISK...they just warped in and proceeded to attack and kill me.

Sorry, they get no sympathy from me what so ever.

"Death is a dignitary who when he comes announced is to be received
    with formal manifestations of respect, even by those most familiar with him."
    - Ambrose Gwinnett Bierce

Originally posted by damian7

so, if it were you tp you, eve would only have 15-17k population instead of 30k.  gotcha.

yes whats the problem ? right now its like 5000 in 0.0/lowsec and 25000 in highsec. The 5000 would change to 15000 which means more fun. I say thats good. Why should I care about those highsec dwellers ? Out of a PvPers perspective there is no point in them being in the game at all.

---
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

• GlacianNexGlacianNex Member UncommonPosts: 652

yes whats the problem ? right now its like 5000 in 0.0/lowsec and 25000 in highsec. The 5000 would change to 15000 which means more fun. I say thats good. Why should I care about those highsec dwellers ? Out of a PvPers perspective there is no point in them being in the game at all.

And if it was not for those highsec dwellers who would be mining trit for your ships or make them?

Originally posted by Urza123

And if it was not for those highsec dwellers who would be mining trit for your ships or make them?

Just yesterday I had a spawn with 25 mio trit. Why would I ever want to buy trit ? I build all t1 items/ships myself with the stuff I get from ratting and we have a flourishing POS network so we have got the resources for the t2 bpos. The high sec miners live in a dream world where they think that they are needed and then they try to make the game even more boring.

---