Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chossing betw AoC and WAR..

2»

Comments

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130
    Originally posted by Sickpup

There not using any licensed engine,there building in house,actually upgrading it.If this lil company from finland can get the old AO engine to support battles well over  a hundred players and prolly as many npc's.In real time on an mmo.There gonna win the Noble peace prize,personally I think the dev's have been hitting denmark and the Netherlands a bit much.

What AO were you playing cause it sure as hell wasn't the one I played for 2 years.. Cause in the one I played for 2 years (begining right after Notum Wars luanched,  you know the PVP expansion...) if you got "well over a hundred players" pvp in the same area it became a freaking slide show for nearly all of us.

That probably was a huge reason why most Tower Battles were limited to around 30 people at the most during all the time that I played.

Type in AO and Lag in any search engine if you do not believe me about the complaints on this game engine.

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Well you know what, you can sit back and watch the epic that is AoC for a good 5months or so now whilst waiting for WAR, twiddling your thumbs and speaking under your breath "Oh my, I hope my WAR has a good game engine just like AoC"

Aoc's Engine shares the same fundamental basics as AO but its been modded, built upon and enhanced for a future game of class and needs that is AoC.  Stop with the crystal ball comparing with AO. 2 different things.

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130
    Originally posted by AmazingAvery

2 different things.

Made by the same company.

Sorry fanboi if it seems like im bashing your little 'this game will be the greatest of all time' MMO.. Trust me I used to feel like you do about AOC 2 years ago, untill I started seeing their ingame vids that is.

On a side note, if you Acolytes defend bases as well as you defend AOC people better look out!!!

But if I were a betting man I would give your guild/outfit/clan whatever 3 months tops ingame before its no more.

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188
    Originally posted by Tinybina

Originally posted by AmazingAvery

2 different things.

Made by the same company.

Sorry fanboi if it seems like im bashing your little 'this game will be the greatest of all time' MMO.. Trust me I used to feel like you do about AOC 2 years ago, untill I started seeing their ingame vids that is.

Well you have another year pretty much to keep watching and bitching about AoC, maybe you can paint a whole WAR army by then? who knows, good luck anyway.

When you evolve something from the original it becomes seperate. Although containing core essentials. The argument against AoC is far evolved from AO's comparison is pretty dumb. Compare a Robin Reliant to a Jaguar, compare a $400 PC to a $4000 PC - same basics but better done, all have same components but improved upon. Now look at the time difference, the cash influx, more staff and Experience. You just keep on telling yourself that AoC's game engine will be exactly the same as AO's if it makes you feel better.

FYI, i never said it will be the greatest MMO blah blah. Im just looking forward to something different.