Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infested with Trolls .

summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414
Its a real sad fact that a great site Mmorpg.com has become infested with Trolls and Bashers,I used to enjoyed reading some really informed and interesting posts on these forums,at one time the Posters on this forum were better than the Staff Writers themselves ! Now it has just de-generated into Trolling and Game Bashing and insulting behavior, It really is a damn shame for a once great site to be ruined by Ignorance Immaturity and so much other bad behaviour......... RIP mmorpg.com

Comments

• jwshaw88jwshaw88 Member Posts: 149
    Unfortunately, that's the way of things when something gets popular.  Just think of how EQ was circa 2000 and then think of WoW today.  However, this is not to say that the good folks and good opinions aren't still out there, but they just become harder to find.  Usually the truely intelligent folk will just shut up once the bragging/shouting match starts.  Just my 2cp on the topic.
  • eldanlocoeldanloco Member Posts: 210
    Better cry a little more

--------------------------------
    Darkfall: December or vaporware!

• MaddieeMaddiee Member Posts: 43
    when is the funeral?
  • LordSlaterLordSlater Member Posts: 2,087
    so a lot of people dont like your little game Boo Hoo

• Nightshade44Nightshade44 Member Posts: 58
    What you may consider "game bashing" others may consider straight forward opinion, I've only recently started posting here and I haven't seen much trolling personally.

Anticipating: Aion - Tower of Eternity
    Veteran: Star Wars Galaxies
    Veteran: The Matrix Online

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/127266

Look at the thread the OP made. Scroll down untill you see the OP quoted, because he edited his post to not look like a troll.
  • TeleboasTeleboas Member UncommonPosts: 184
    When was this site not filled with trolls and bashers?  :P
  • EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384
    Originally posted by summitus

Its a real sad fact that a great site Mmorpg.com has become infested with Trolls and Bashers,I used to enjoyed reading some really informed and interesting posts on these forums,at one time the Posters on this forum were better than the Staff Writers themselves ! Now it has just de-generated into Trolling and Game Bashing and insulting behavior, It really is a damn shame for a once great site to be ruined by Ignorance Immaturity and so much other bad behaviour......... RIP mmorpg.com

Summitus, Ive seen some trollish statements coming from yourself too.  It happens; nature of the beast.

Just because 100% of mmorpg.com doesn't like LOTRO online doesn't mean they are trolls. For example, I can't stand the game. I think it's yet another cookie-cutter fantasy MMO with more /emotes than anything else.

Doesn't mean I'm trolling. I just have a different viewpoint than you.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• WraithmireWraithmire Member Posts: 328
    yeah I noticed this too, a lot bashing, trolling and flaming...but this is a hardcore site, you can tell because WoW isn't well liked here and isn't even on the top list. Which sure people can't like all mmorpgs...but with 9mill subscribers WoW can't be bad...its a great game for casual mmorpgers...this site is filled with hardcore mmorpgers so that means they prefer hardcore mmorpgs.

-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!
    I have a Youtube channel for video games! http://www.youtube.com/user/Vendayn

• Zaxx99Zaxx99 Member Posts: 1,761

Originally posted by eldanloco Better cry a little more

Originally posted by Maddiee When is the funeral?

These are EXACTLY the kind of remarks that the OP is talking about. I would have to agree that the number of nonsense posting forum board members has increased dramatically in the last year or so. I've been here for a long time, and also remember when there could be 100+ post threads that were filled with about 95% quality reading material and posts which delivered strong ideas, subject matter, and opinions. Today's threads are now littered with numerous troll posts, name calling, inmature points, and even griefing.

The thing to do is simply to avoid these posts and remarks which do not offer enough substance in your view. Simply learn to skim over these posts in threads which interest you. Sometimes it's hard to do, but arguing with these posters is a lost cause, trust me. There are still many fine posters on these boards. Some of them I almost always seem to disagree 180 degrees with, but they are fine posters none-the-less. Intelligent posts vs unintelligent and inmature posts take about 2 seconds to see the difference, especially when you've been on there boards for some time. Again, just skim over the posts which fit the criteria of your OP complaints, and seek out deeper water. Pretty simple really, even in these infested waters we have for threads on these forums these days.

- Zaxx

Originally posted by zaxtor99

Originally posted by eldanloco Better cry a little more

Originally posted by Maddiee When is the funeral?

These are EXACTLY the kind of remarks that the OP is talking about. I would have to agree that the number of nonsense posting forum board members has increased dramatically in the last year or so. I've been here for a long time, and also remember when there could be 100+ post threads that were filled with about 95% quality reading material and posts which delivered strong ideas, subject matter, and opinions. Today's threads are now littered with numerous troll posts, name calling, inmature points, and even griefing.

The thing to do is simply to avoid these posts and remarks which do not offer enough substance in your view. Simply learn to skim over these posts in threads which interest you. Sometimes it's hard to do, but arguing with these posters is a lost cause, trust me. There are still many fine posters on these boards. Some of them I almost always seem to disagree 180 degrees with, but they are fine posters none-the-less. Intelligent posts vs unintelligent and inmature posts take about 2 seconds to see the difference, especially when you've been on there boards for some time. Again, just skim over the posts which fit the criteria of your OP complaints, and seek out deeper water. Pretty simple really, even in these infested waters we have for threads on these forums these days.

- Zaxx

I am going to need my boat to sail along this river of tears! 

Originally posted by Maddiee
    LOL hardcore mmos. LMAO pure troll, everything always leads back to bashing wow.
    All games have hardcore and casual gamers u idiot. When u realise that then u may suceed at life. All games have hardcore and casual content. People either choose to do play hardcore or play casual either becase they have alot of time or they do not.

Okay, after reading Gameloadings post in this thread.. I see that the OP may have not been purely honest in his approach of trolls and that he may simply be upset that many disagree with his liking of a game. Gameloading is certainly one the better posters on this site, even though I almost always disagree with him, heh. And he has made another fine point WITHOUT name calling.

Maddiee, calling the OP a troll, an idiot and attacking him with such fire is simply not necessary at all. I highly suggest that you study the way that other posters, such as Gameloading can do even more damage to a poster they feel is trolling by avoiding name calling and simply sticking to facts or pointing them to their own posts (basically using their own words to stab them).

- Zaxx

• MaddieeMaddiee Member Posts: 43

Im talking to wraithmire.  Zaxxtor u mighty god of mmorpg.com, lmao

Originally posted by eldanloco

Normally eldanloco I would just simply avoid this kind of response altogether, but I wanted to take a moment to applaud you sir. Another fine poster of this site. I look forward to reading all of your fine, intelligent, and creative future posts! {{applauds excitedly...}}

- Zaxx

• radlinradlin Member Posts: 266

LOL hardcore mmos. LMAO pure troll, everything always leads back to bashing wow.

All games have hardcore and casual gamers u idiot. When u realise that then u may suceed at life. All games have hardcore and casual content. People either choose to do play hardcore or play casual either becase they have alot of time or they do not.

Okay, after reading Gameloadings post in this thread.. I see that the OP may have not been purely honest in his approach of trolls and that he may simply be upset that many disagree with his liking of a game. Gameloading is certainly one the better posters on this site, even though I almost always disagree with him, heh. And he has made another fine point WITHOUT name calling.

Maddiee, calling the OP a troll, an idiot and attacking him with such fire is simply not necessary at all. I highly suggest that you study the way that other posters, such as Gameloading can do even more damage to a poster they feel is trolling by avoiding name calling and simply sticking to facts or pointing them to their own posts (basically using their own words to stab them).

- Zaxx

Sorry mum, didnt know I would get told of for behaving badly.

Sorry mum wont happen again. 

You mocking Zaxtor is irony of the worst kind.  Zaxtor is a long standing and respected member who typically makes quality and entertaining posts and also offers a lot of creativity (anyone remember his How would you build your perfect mmo post a month or so back? - very creative and original) But you go ahead and continue your attacks on him and trying to make an ass out of him. In your failed attempts, any member who has been here for even a short amount of time and knows Zaxtor99 knows who the real "ass" is.  Have fun making fun of a poster about 10,000 times more respected then yourself...

• ChicagoCubChicagoCub Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by Wraithmire

yeah I noticed this too, a lot bashing, trolling and flaming...but this is a hardcore site, you can tell because WoW isn't well liked here and isn't even on the top list. Which sure people can't like all mmorpgs...but with 9mill subscribers WoW can't be bad...its a great game for casual mmorpgers...this site is filled with hardcore mmorpgers so that means they prefer hardcore mmorpgs.

Assuming all Guild Wars titles are considered as one game...there is currently a 10-way tie for 6th place in the top 10 with a rating of 7.9. WoW is one of them.
  • radlinradlin Member Posts: 266
      Are you done with your idiotic troll posts yet? You must be a wow player, or maybe a LOTRO player now? anything or any game with any remote hint of creative thinking or skill required must really fry your head. Let me guess.. you played a game like Eve online for 2 hours and fried 90% of your braincells which were severely lacking to start with. Perhaps LOTRO would be a great game for you, you could actually play a real TROLL in the game instead of playing a bitter, angry troll on these boards huh?

[directed at Maddie]

Originally posted by eldanloco

Normally eldanloco I would just simply avoid this kind of response altogether, but I wanted to take a moment to applaud you sir. Another fine poster of this site. I look forward to reading all of your fine, intelligent, and creative future posts! {{applauds excitedly...}}

- Zaxx

Speaking of creative...

• godpuppetgodpuppet Member Posts: 1,416
    Erm... this forum has always been full of trolls?

---

• nomadiannomadian Member Posts: 3,490

There are trolls here? Dammit thought they stayed in the Innoruuk Swamp.

Nah seriously, I think the boards have changed. There used to be every other topic going on about 'carebears', not only that but I think there used to be some really interesting threads as well. They still exist but seem to be in lesser numbers now maybe.(unless memory is just rosy)

• Jimmy_ScytheJimmy_Scythe Member CommonPosts: 3,586
    This forum has always been infested with morons and trolls. The difference is almost completely in the subject matter. When I first came here, the major jackasses were whining about the loss of FFA PvP (sic. UO) style games. We still get a few of those, but it's kind of fallen off over the last year or so. That just leaves game bashing to pass the time. Well, that and bitching about how nothing original is coming out.

The "good ol' days" never were. Let it go.

• FifthredFifthred Member Posts: 367
    I find it hard to saying anything on the board, I think mmoprg.com would do better without forums .

I like the articles and Podcast , the forums have become the sewer of the site.

I like pie !

• summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414
    Although there are some constructive responses on this thread , most of the responses just prove me right I'm afraid Its the old addage " The Truth Hurts "
  • godpuppetgodpuppet Member Posts: 1,416
    Originally posted by summitus

Although there are some constructive responses on this thread , most of the responses just prove me right I'm afraid Its the old addage " The Truth Hurts "
    I think one of the issues involving Trolls is the common misconception of a Troll, or even the differing of opinion between peoples definition of a Troll. Yes, the site has a description of what a Troll is, however, it doesnt always apply and it can apply to everyone in most situations.

---

This discussion has been closed.