Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LOTRO reviewed on launch by MMORPG.COM, but Vanguard hasn't yet?

13»

Comments

• Pride7Pride7 Member Posts: 289
    If you want to know why LOTR was so quickly reviewed just take a glance at all the LOTR ads you will find scattered throughout this site.
  • LordSlaterLordSlater Member Posts: 2,087
    Originally posted by Pride7

If you want to know why LOTR was so quickly reviewed just take a glance at all the LOTR ads you will find scattered throughout this site.
    As that old song goes, "Money Talks".

• shilakshilak Member Posts: 78

Why does it matter? Reviews are always full of bias and opinion, the only people that need them are those too stupid to form their own opinions ... aka sheep.

Movies, TV shows, etc are the absolute worst for this, so often do I see stuff that is rated highly in reviews only to find they are just simplistic, predictable tripe when I see them. The recent Battlestar Galactica was a perfect example, scores high ratings but I found it totally predictable and nothing special at all, it scores highly purely because it appeals to the average person, much the same way as WoW ... simple by design so the average person isnt too confused or overwhelmed by it.

• ConleyConley Member Posts: 195

You can't review a game thats still in beta and that will be completely different in a couple of months time (at least if vanguard players are lucky enough). Hence you can't review Vanguard. Lotr was reviewed because its largely finished, at least the core gameplay, vanguard isn't even close to being finished so right now it doesn't deserve a review. Simple logic, i dont understand why people don't get that.

• UmbroodUmbrood Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Forcing someone, anyone, to play Vanguard for whatever reason I am sure is a human rigths violation.

Still, it would be interesting to know why one is not done yet.

The McQuaid squad scared them?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Jerek_

I wonder if you honestly even believe what you type, or if you live in a made up world of facts.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• shaeshae Member Posts: 2,509
    Originally posted by Umbrood

Forcing someone, anyone, to play Vanguard for whatever reason I am sure is a human rigths violation.
    That's an awefully good point, I hear there's talk about amending the Geneva Conventions to include "No forced Vanguard Play during times of war". I guess it's falling under the cruel and unusual standards act.
  • FifthredFifthred Member Posts: 367
    So from what I gathered, mmorpg.com is not the website I thought it was. I thought mmorpg.com was like the PcGamer Mag for mmo's , it stinks I've been mistaken, as well as mislead by the reviewers and staff writers through out there articles and forum posts. Wonder if their is any website that is based for mmo's and can truelly be untainted by biased views and greed.

I like pie !

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by shae

That's an awefully good point, I hear there's talk about amending the Geneva Conventions to include "No forced Vanguard Play during times of war". I guess it's falling under the cruel and unusual standards act. There is a  rumor  that American Troops used Vanguard: Saga of Heroes to torture captives.

Its just a rumor though
  • LeodiousLeodious Member UncommonPosts: 773

Originally posted by Hexxeity
    Other games without reviews that are listed on this site, grabbed more or less at random:Dungeon Runners
    Flyff
    Fairyland
    Furcadia
    Hero Online
    Irth Worlds
    Jumpgate
    Monster & Me
    The 4th Coming
    XiahI don't see anyone complaining about these, and there are many more. In my opinion, Vanguard is pretty much on par with some of these in terms of gameplay -- the fact that it had (and wasted) a huge budget shouldn't necessarily buy it more press time.Vanguard isn't worthy of a review, and this site's utter lack of neutrality is exactly why I don't care that there isn't one. The score would have been purchased, not earned, and therefore as meaningless as most other reviews here.

You did not just compare Vanguard to Flyff. I know you did not because that would be madness. They are nothing alike. I am not sure why the site reviews some things at certain times and not others, but my best guess would be that they are focusing on the ones that are the most popular with players. I had never even heard of Xiah, and no one likes Flyff who has ever played a real game. You'd think they'd have reviewed it by now, but hey. LOTRO is a more popular game.

"There are two great powers, and they've been fighting since time began. Every advance in human life, every scrap of knowledge and wisdom and decency we have has been torn by one side from the teeth of the other. Every little increase in human freedom has been fought over ferociously between those who want us to know more and be wiser and stronger, and those who want us to obey and be humble and submit."

— John Parry, to his son Will; "The Subtle Knife," by Phillip Pullman

• shaeshae Member Posts: 2,509
    Originally posted by Gameloading

Originally posted by shae

That's an awefully good point, I hear there's talk about amending the Geneva Conventions to include "No forced Vanguard Play during times of war". I guess it's falling under the cruel and unusual standards act. There is a  rumor  that American Troops used Vanguard: Saga of Heroes to torture captives.

Its just a rumor though

Eeeek.... I'd take the water drop on the forehead thingy over that any day of the week.

Wonder if they made them read the differences between the normal retail box and the guild edition box, along with the price, over and over again....

Now that's just plain out nasty.