Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Citizen Zero: It's Back!

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Many of our members might remember seeing "Citizen Zero" featured at this site a while back.  Their web site dried up and it appeared that the devs had halted all production...so naturally we removed it from our game list.  As it turns out, under a thick cloak of secrecy, Micro Forte has been developing Citizen Zero at a rapid pace.

They are back, and with a twist: Citizen Zero will also be available on the XBox!  We have added this sci-fi RPG/FPS title to our game list and even have a few screens for you:

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• RaiblastRaiblast Member Posts: 49
    this game looks awesome! now only if the site worked...

it's...scary. very, very, very, scary...the world we live in...that's why i love the virtual world.

• Clever_GloveClever_Glove Member Posts: 996

WoW!

First time I've ever heard of a game going "under" and coming out ahead.

-=-=-=-=-
    "We're a game that's focused on grouping and on solo play, you know, more group oriented, more solo play..."
    John Blakely Senior lead for EQ2. Link

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

-=-=-=-=-
    Achievers realise that killers as a concept are necessary in order to make achievement meaningful and worthwhile (there being no way to "lose" the game if any fool can "win" just by plodding slowly unchallenged). -bartle

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

• StereoviewerStereoviewer Member Posts: 238

Got this info from their forum:

"Public beta is planned/aimed for in summer 2005. With closed testing likely to start before that. I believe pMac said this in the post with VRVader's promotion.
    www.stratics.com"

• OminisOminis Member Posts: 1,015
    Whew, when I first glanced over the the MMORPG message I thought for a second you meant only XBox... Glad I was wrong. Great news though, I had been watching it when it was first talked about then it seemed to disappear. Good to see it back.

Testing Now:

Alpha: Guild Wars

Beta: Saga of Ryzom + Risk Your Life

Currently:
    Playing: WOW & GW

• ByteblockByteblock Member Posts: 6

"Public beta is planned/aimed for in summer 2005. With closed testing likely to start before that. I believe pMac said this in the post with VRVader's promotion.

So they extend development to put it out on the xbox... but if it's not even going to be in beta till summer of 2005, that means it's not seeing the light of day till Christmas 2005. What is the point of delaying development with this dual-platform development if one of the platforms is going to be obsolete by the time your product is done.

It looks like a really interesting game, but this tremendous lack of foresight does not inspire much faith in the development team's abilities to realize this game's potential. Screenshots do not make this game any less vapor or pipe-dream than the 50+ other MMOs that have collapsed under the immense hopes of their creators fumbling niave. 

• GnarledGnarled Member Posts: 566

When's XBox 2 out  ? They're probably shooting for that. . .

"I can tell you with no ego, this is my finest sword. If, on your journey, you should encounter God. . .
    . . . God will be cut."
    - Quentin Tarantino, Kill Bill

EQII
    Requiiem, Templar
    Neriak