Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Funny Isnt it?

RehmesRehmes Member Posts: 600

Day by Day the EvE user rating drop thx to the macros used by people, but its funny how some make claims of the rampart macro farmers in the game lol. Well what trully funny is this:

EvE could drop to a 0.0 user rating and still the game will continue to grow. So at the end of the day these people are only going to satisfy themselves by staring at a low score, while more and mroe people discover the game and opt to try it. I played MMOs for years and i saw EVE yet opted not to play it. But in the end the curiosity got to me so i did. There may be issues with the game but so do all games tbh. The game isnt for everyone and it is a slow game to get into even if it is the game for you. Patience is a must but the majority of gamers simply dont have that sort of patience. So when they quit within the hour of installing the game they rate it with zeros lol.

Ratings are all opinionated so i dont think people should chose wether to play or not simply because of that. After all peo-ple keep bashing WoW yet it keeps growing, ill never play it but people keep joining. Same with EvE. So to those cool macro users rating EvE to 0.0 i say:

Enjoy your waste fo time and while your at it go ahead and make the worst 10 games part of the top 20 since you seem to have the time for that and all. kkthxbye

Comments

• binjuicebinjuice Member Posts: 363
    /sign

I always found it funny that people would come in here and btch and moan about Eve not deserving the number 1 spot on this sites main page, for pity sake, its a player chosen rating not just the eve community. So yeah lets see how far they try to drag eve... 7.7, it tookem 2 months to drag 0.5 off of us lets see how far she goes before they stop caring

"Just because there are other colours to use in chat does not mean you have to use them..." - Please follow

• RehmesRehmes Member Posts: 600

Indeed lol. I still say it wont make a damned difference. This game is soo far out different that peple looking for a new experience are bound to take a look and ask questions. At that time the EvE community will speak out and help the player and hell give his own assesment of the game. Ratings arent set on stone, and i for one never buy a game according to that. I always go the the main forums of that game and ask around for people who are actively playing so i know what to expect. Then i try the game, if it was bad so be it....i got it out of my system. I just never like to think "what if".

Hell when i got into L2 i read tons and tons of reviews saying it was the biggest crap game ever. To many that is still true, but i played it for 2 yrs and found the pvp to be fun regardless of all the crap the game had to begin with. Only regret i have is to not have started EvE earlier, id know more people and have more fun than what i am having now.

Rate macroers....rate on.

• iCehiCeh Member UncommonPosts: 884
    It's the power of EVE!! With these people that take a game so far, it's a love/hate thing for me. I love how EVE can drive someone so crazy that they'll spend their free time giving negative posts/threads on these forums, spend their free time creating macros for these forums over EVE, and then there's the extreme who decide to use their programming skills to hack EVE players forums to expose people.

Then, I hate how EVE can drive someone that crazy to do all those things, because it makes me think that life must be so sad and dull for these people (and it's often middle-aged men!!!).

-iCeh

• ArcticblueArcticblue Member Posts: 270

Funny thing is ... EVE kept on top of the chart to the day that the T20 incident got revealed on the official EVE forum, and how CCP did handle the incident.

After that the game dropped on this rating... funny is it not ?

• LordSlaterLordSlater Member Posts: 2,087
    Originally posted by Arcticblue

Funny thing is ... EVE kept on top of the chart to the day that the T20 incident got revealed on the official EVE forum, and how CCP did handle the incident.
    After that the game dropped on this rating... funny is it not ? Well considering a lot of people in protest lowerd there ratings and as eve was popular for a long time it had a lot of haters fromothergames who used this instance as an excuse to rightly basj eve it isant suprising.

yea it kinda disproved all those who said that the forums were filled with eve voting bots keeping eve on top no matter what.

Persoanlly im quite happy eve isant on top as it doesant get the bad attention it used to.

• mindspatmindspat Member Posts: 1,367

I do not try games based upon a "User Review" nor do I *play* games based upon the "User Review".  I play games that *I* find enjoyable and no idiot on a rampage is going to impact that. 

The people who rant & flame then resort to opening fictitious accounts just to post erroneous "ratings" are in the same psychological class of people that go into a Shooting Frenzy at a shopping mall or at a place of education with the intent to kill as many people as possible because they didn't get their way...

EVE is an 8.0-8.5 game.  Again, here's proof that a rating does mean anything other then individual "polish" of a product, not how much a random person will enjoy it.

Originally posted by mindspat

I do not try games based upon a "User Review" nor do I *play* games based upon the "User Review".  I play games that *I* find enjoyable and no idiot on a rampage is going to impact that. 
    The people who rant & flame then resort to opening fictitious accounts just to post erroneous "ratings" are in the same psychological class of people that go into a Shooting Frenzy at a shopping mall or at a place of education with the intent to kill as many people as possible because they didn't get their way...
    EVE is an 8.0-8.5 game.  Again, here's proof that a rating does mean anything other then individual "polish" of a product, not how much a random person will enjoy it.

QFT,

Yet everyday you see people bandwagoning to bash other games and try not to get people to play those games simply cuz they dont like it. Its sad that people cant seem to understand that what is good and bad is subjective 99% of the time.

• CabadrinCabadrin Member Posts: 7

The user rating is just a popularity contest; a lot of people will downvote games just because of their personal opinions, or because they think it's funny to do so. Personally I dunno why people care so much about it, when it's the quality of the game itself that matters. That's where EvE really shines, because it's got a truly hardcore and devoted fan base attached to it and a development company that cares about the product. Not like some others ... *cough* NCSoft *cough*.

• crustynutscrustynuts Member Posts: 22
    Originally posted by Cabadrin

The user rating is just a popularity contest; a lot of people will downvote games just because of their personal opinions, or because they think it's funny to do so. Personally I dunno why people care so much about it, when it's the quality of the game itself that matters. That's where EvE really shines, because it's got a truly hardcore and devoted fan base attached to it and a development company that cares about the product. Not like some others ... *cough* NCSoft *cough*.
    If CCP really cared, at all, why did they cheat in the game and also use exploits (or allowed friends too)?

I ask, are these hardcore devoted fans the ones that got to use those exploits and cheats acquired things that ccp provided?  What about the rest of the players, when will they get some cheats and exploits to use with CCP's permission?
  • NevarionNevarion Member Posts: 274
    It is quite amazing to see how a target audience is exaggerating and often hypocritical. It raises the question of motivation?

I followed the issue and aimed to develop my own point of view. Yet I have to see a non-emo reasoning in way to many occasions.

There is the talk about "permission". There are claims about wrong-doing as day-to-day business. To me it looks like throwing a temper tantrum and trying to indulge oneself. A reaction I wouldn't expect from any educated grown up.

The presentation and wording is, to say least, inappropriate. A complex matter dumbed down to cater one owns agenda trying to sound smart. Intriguing but nevertheless lacking.
  • flakesflakes Member Posts: 575
    Originally posted by LordSlater

Originally posted by crustynuts

If CCP really cared, at all, why did they cheat in the game and also use exploits (or allowed friends too)?

I ask, are these hardcore devoted fans the ones that got to use those exploits and cheats acquired things that ccp provided?  What about the rest of the players, when will they get some cheats and exploits to use with CCP's permission?

Talk about a one track mind Trolls have littel imagination nowadays lordslater  ...

Talk about a one track mind Trolls have littel imagination nowadays Sir your opinion is well known, as is your one sided stance on CCP.  (one track mind...pot, kettle...)

You continue to insult and belittle others for no reason than they have an opinion that does not match yours.

Desist your efforts please and allow others to speak their mind without your insults and troll post following.
  • flakesflakes Member Posts: 575
    Crustynuts as much as i like to let everyone tell their opinion here wich is what is the point i agree with lorslater verry much.All the posts you made are about ccp and the "cheating" .So i ask you..are you merely stating your opinion or just here on these forums to troll and talk hatred about a game over and over of wich you only did the trial?And donb't say you don't hate the game but ccp just because of the cheatincident.It did not effect most players in eve so how would it effect a trialplayer?OR are you someone who just hates them because he read on a forum that someone said that.....because that would be even more ridicoulous.
  • damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449

Originally posted by flakes

Crustynuts as much as i like to let everyone tell their opinion here wich is what is the point i agree with lorslater verry much.All the posts you made are about ccp and the "cheating" .So i ask you..are you merely stating your opinion or just here on these forums to troll and talk hatred about a game over and over of wich you only did the trial?And donb't say you don't hate the game but ccp just because of the cheatincident.It did not effect most players in eve so how would it effect a trialplayer?OR are you someone who just hates them because he read on a forum that someone said that.....because that would be even more ridicoulous.

Actually what i suspect from his posting tones and the accusations of Viral advertisnig in his past posting i suspect this is his second trolling account.

You see there was someone on these forums a couple of weeks ago called Bawldry he used the exact same tone and he loved to accuse us eve fans of Viral advertising and he posted on the same lack of topics till he disapeared [got banned i guess]. So he had to create a new account to troll again.

eve fans? or just slaty and his viral posting, totally ignoring facts as he posted?

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

Talk about a one track mind Trolls have littel imagination nowadays Sir your opinion is well known, as is your one sided stance on CCP.  (one track mind...pot, kettle...)

You continue to insult and belittle others for no reason than they have an opinion that does not match yours.

Desist your efforts please and allow others to speak their mind without your insults and troll post following.

Bawldry You relly do need to grow up i have every right to post here or anywhere else and no troll will tell me otherwist no matter what disguises they use.

Out of curiosity Bawldry/crustynuts which post got your last account banned from here?

Who?  Sir you seem to have an issue with someone.

Please cease with the insults, the names, the inference I am someone you obviously  dislike.  You insist on flaming me, and my post, that is not allowed in the rules I have read from these forums. Summarily reported.

• MoobkradMoobkrad Member Posts: 308
    To Damian,

Mainly all of us who enjoy EVE and are giving constructive feedback to new players asking questions.
    Originally posted by flakes

Thank you for that information.

I did a search for "bawldry" and found only my antagonist post calling me by that name. Is it a misspelling?

I did ask a lot about these things and got prompt answers where to find the information. After this I wished to find out more by engaging in discussions here, but have been met with hostile post by this one person for doing so.

If this is the nature of these forums, then I can desist visiting the mmorpg.com site as there are other forums that I have active discussion of this subject (yes some are heated, but they do provide information one would not otherwise be able to gather)

Originally posted by Moobkrad

To Damian,

Mainly all of us who enjoy EVE and are giving constructive feedback to new players asking questions.

the bad thing is that i'm still playing this game.  but, i believe the things i've typed about ccp, it's just that... well swg sucks incredibly beyond any hope of recovery... project entropia just isn't that fun for me.... and there's not really anything else in the space-area out right now.

i just don't like it that people act like NOTHING is wrong in eve and the devs/gms/staff/volunteers are anything BUT a group of lying cheating douches.  the game itself is, and can be, lots of fun and interesting.

but what does it really matter?  there's no way in hell bod will lose the war.  unless someone holding ccp's purse points out that repeatedly cheating so their side can win is costing money and they HAVE to stop cheating.  it's just frustrating that a real fun game is run by such a bunch of loser noobs.

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

To Damian,

You have provided me with information, and it was very helpful.

I wish others would take the same approach and discuss with the maturity you show.

I find it encouraging that people of your nature are in the game.
  • Ammon777Ammon777 Member Posts: 308
    I really wish I started playing EVE earlier, like 2 years ago. But as it stands, I dont like the harsh death penalties and I cant stand the timed skill learning system (dumb idea imo). So I'm not playing EVE. Its too bad for me, though, the game looks pretty damn nice. I will probably wait for a space MMORPG that is better suited to my tastes.

But despite me, EVE is a great game and deserves its fanbase and healthy growth. I wish you all the best.

I gave it a month of gametime to try it. And even though I am not subscribed I still rated it with 8.2 here.
    Originally posted by Ammon777

I really wish I started playing EVE earlier, like 2 years ago. But as it stands, I dont like the harsh death penalties and I cant stand the timed skill learning system (dumb idea imo). So I'm not playing EVE. Its too bad for me, though, the game looks pretty damn nice. I will probably wait for a space MMORPG that is better suited to my tastes.

But despite me, EVE is a great game and deserves its fanbase and healthy growth. I wish you all the best.

I gave it a month of gametime to try it. And even though I am not subscribed I still rated it with 8.2 here.
    You would have liked it even less 2 years ago. They have added so much stuff, which make it more enjoyable.
    Originally posted by damian7

To Damian,

the bad thing is that i'm still playing this game.  but, i believe the things i've typed about ccp, it's just that... well swg sucks incredibly beyond any hope of recovery... project entropia just isn't that fun for me.... and there's not really anything else in the space-area out right now.

i just don't like it that people act like NOTHING is wrong in eve and the devs/gms/staff/volunteers are anything BUT a group of lying cheating douches.  the game itself is, and can be, lots of fun and interesting.

but what does it really matter?  there's no way in hell bod will lose the war.  unless someone holding ccp's purse points out that repeatedly cheating so their side can win is costing money and they HAVE to stop cheating.  it's just frustrating that a real fun game is run by such a bunch of loser noobs.

Can't do nothing about it. On the other hand I enjoy the game. I don't feel cheated at all. SOE screw me worst. What CCP is doing now, is nothing in comparison.

• NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312

To Damian,

I don't like it when people make the assumption that a Dev and a Volunteer were cheating idiots that everybody associated with CCP is a cheating idiot.

As for BoB not losing the war, frankly it has nothing to do with devs. the coalition forces are too loosely bound together and from my experiences do not communicate/fight well with each other. I know this because we have had a coalition fleet not assist another coalition fleet only 2 jumps away that was getting pounded on.

The problem is that in every game where theres something special to be had there will be cheats. Theres no way around it. Be it the devs or GMs etc.....do u rly think it goes w/o saying that certani people with priviledges have spawned raid bosses for their buddies in other games just to get the good loot? I personally dont doubt it. Well the CCP dev (mind u its singular not plural) cheated and got caught. But at the end of the day it didnt affect the majority of players in game. I dont like to idea that now all Dev are magically cheating to save their buddies BoB. Everytime i play a game and theres a group of players who own everyone due to good communication and good gear they are automatically cheating or are haxors. Why cant people just take it like a man and realize they simply werent good enough. Can BoB be beat? yes....is anyone as organized and battle rdy as they are? Fuck no.....thats it. Its been proven that they can bleed....they arent fuking invincicle....But realize that if u wanna take down 2k well equiped players who know how to pvp you better bring a force to match. Swarming like idiots with 7k +++ doesnt mean you win.....i like that about eve...it didnt work for ASCN why would it work now?

Seriously people....we have massive coalitions in the server going up against BoB yet bery few of those alliances and corps coordinate well. Not only that they arent nearly as well equiped as BoB are in many cases. I have friends in the coalition and they get annoyed cuz their fleet is bogged down in a system and they ask for help, yet the fleet only a couple of jumps away is either ignoring their plea or simply arent good enough at assembling their forces.

Take a look back at the server and ull notice most of those norther alliances have been in relative peace while BoB has been fighting major alliance after the other.....how the hell do you think your going to win of your sword is rusty? Honestly how are you going to do it? So you bring 500 people against 300 and that means you should win? Havent we all learned that in EVE tactics matter? I mean i could care less about BoB and the crap they do tbh.....but im not stupid enough to think that they win simply cuz a dev is paving a golden road for them. It is well known that there are devs in the coalition as well....why wouldnt they magically poof some BoB members then...

If the coalition were to be more organized id guarantee BoB wouldnt be in 0.0 anymore....they got the resources and the manpower to do it. but atm they havent displayed the type of battle readiness that youd expect from a fleet whose mission is to whipe BoB off the map. I understand that massive fleets take time to assemble etc...but id put my isk down to bet that with equal numbers it takes BoB less time to assemble than the coalition. thats whats making the difference imo.

Regardless of it all, i like eve and i enjoy it. When i dont enjoy it ill leave and thats that....but still its funny that people feel the need to go out of their way to drop the EvE rating only to realize that EvE is still growing despite their sad efforts. A DEV in CCP did wrong...and its been dealt with. Only time will tell if theres more to be known, until then certain people need to take off their tinfoil hats and just enjoy the game at face value. If you cant do that then find a game that you can enjoy and have fun playing, honestly lets stop this hating bullshit peopel got going on. You either call the fans CCP viral advertizers or you call the haters viral hate spammers or w/e. Were all games in the end guys. We all protect what we like, lets have a bit more respect towards each other and let people like what they like.

Sry for the long post

/end rant

Originally posted by Nicoli

To Damian,

I don't like it when people make the assumption that a Dev and a Volunteer were cheating idiots that everybody associated with CCP is a cheating idiot.

As for BoB not losing the war, frankly it has nothing to do with devs. the coalition forces are too loosely bound together and from my experiences do not communicate/fight well with each other. I know this because we have had a coalition fleet not assist another coalition fleet only 2 jumps away that was getting pounded on.

A dev and A volunteer?

GMs are volunteers?

i hate it when there's an entire list of cheating which is pretty common knowledge, and people act as if it were just one or two bad apples.  list the reasons why ALL the instances of cheating have nothing to do with bod's power, then maybe your words will hold some water.

as to your last comment... please apply that to the big fight where the GM put the artificial cap on players in the bodland shipyard system.  i hate both goldfish viral and guerilla postings.