Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VGReloaded reviews LOTRO

http://www.vg-reloaded.com/modules/articles/1552.php

thought it was an interesting review and sounds like the reviewer liked it.

-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!
I have a Youtube channel for video games! http://www.youtube.com/user/Vendayn

Comments

• JonMichaelJonMichael Member Posts: 796
    Originally posted by Wraithmire

http://www.vg-reloaded.com/modules/articles/1552.php

thought it was an interesting review and sounds like the reviewer liked it.

Woot!

It's great to see Turbine being rewarded for such great work with good reviews!

Currently: AION, an MMO Beta under NDA
    Played: WAR, LOTRO, Hellgate: London, CoX, GW, SotNW, DAOC, EQ2, SWG, WoW, AO, Horizons, Second Life, There, TSO
    Beta'd: There, Second Life, EQ2, DAOC:LotM, LOTRO, Tabula Rasa, Gods and Heroes, Hellgate: London, Requiem:Bloodymare, AoC, WAR, DDO, Fallen Earth

• PraxusPraxus Member Posts: 266
    "It was always questionable if a game could take WoW's crown and now that game has arrived"

Jeez I'm still waiting for a balanced review of the game. So far most seem like Tolkien geek raves that gloss over any shortcomings.
  • JonMichaelJonMichael Member Posts: 796
    Originally posted by Praxus

"It was always questionable if a game could take WoW's crown and now that game has arrived"

Jeez I'm still waiting for a balanced review of the game. So far most seem like Tolkien geek raves that gloss over any shortcomings.

Maybe most people are finding it's just a good game?

Currently: AION, an MMO Beta under NDA
    Played: WAR, LOTRO, Hellgate: London, CoX, GW, SotNW, DAOC, EQ2, SWG, WoW, AO, Horizons, Second Life, There, TSO
    Beta'd: There, Second Life, EQ2, DAOC:LotM, LOTRO, Tabula Rasa, Gods and Heroes, Hellgate: London, Requiem:Bloodymare, AoC, WAR, DDO, Fallen Earth

• ayanelayanel Member Posts: 150

I find any post calling the reviewers Tolkoen geeks while asking for a balanced review highly suspect, but hey that could just be me.

• Tjrx80Tjrx80 Member Posts: 16
    What's with all the Fanbois of other games coming over and bashing LoTR?  Is it the fact of feeling threatened in your own game that your players will leave for here?

Great games deserve good reviews.  LoTR is a quality game, unlike games like Vanguard who clearly were launched WAY before they should have been and has players paying to still beta test their product.

Enjoy whatever game your playing guys, don't come over to bash ours if you're not going to at least try it (And I mean getting past level 15 too :P).
  • LordSlaterLordSlater Member Posts: 2,087
    Originally posted by ayanel

I find any post calling the reviewers Tolkoen geeks while asking for a balanced review highly suspect, but hey that could just be me.

Id say it isant just you but in the end i do agree LOTRO has only JUST come out so i hardly expect any fare reviews till the game has matured a bit.

• LordSlaterLordSlater Member Posts: 2,087
    Originally posted by Tjrx80

What's with all the Fanbois of other games coming over and bashing LoTR?  Is it the fact of feeling threatened in your own game that your players will leave for here?

Great games deserve good reviews.  LoTR is a quality game, unlike games like Vanguard who clearly were launched WAY before they should have been and has players paying to still beta test their product.

Enjoy whatever game your playing guys, don't come over to bash ours if you're not going to at least try it (And I mean getting past level 15 too :P).
    Wel as many have said its possable withing a day or so so this is a valid point.

• Tjrx80Tjrx80 Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by LordSlater

Originally posted by Tjrx80

Wel as many have said its possable withing a day or so so this is a valid point. What game is it not possible in?  Most you can make 30 in a day.  Your point?
  • PraxusPraxus Member Posts: 266
    Most games you can make level 30 in a day? What the heck? Hmm maybe this is where LOTR is getting its fanbase from.

Time to 30 in EQ, EQ2 and Vanguard is weeks. I guess this is why games like WoW and LOTR get called 'easy mode' mmorpgs.

Anyways I'm glad people are enjoying it. But I hope LOTR has a fun end game, or this is gonna get interesting.