Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is known for sure as to AoC's PvP system?

I'm asking for simply the system.  Will there be cities to capture?  Will it be full loot?  Will it be ffa?  Will I be able to attack anyone where ever I want?  Do I get blood money when I kill someone and what is blood money used for?  Etc...

Is it still too early for this kind of information?

Comments

• D|CED|CE Member Posts: 197
    First of all, there is _nothing_ known _for_sure_ at this moment. The game is not even in beta.

So here goes what I understand, not necessarily what will be in the game _for_sure_.

There will not be full loot. Developers spoken in not so clear words against full loot.

There will be a zone (Border Kingdoms) on all types of servers where pvp is FFA. There might be (I very much hope) dedicated FFA pvp servers as well... "if there is enough interest".

PvP works in tiers. I.e. if you attack someone below your tier level, then for the purpose of that fight they will be buffed up to your tier level. Heard talks about bounties and NPC bounty hunters.

Blood money is used to buy pvp rewards (like WoW's honor points/tokens).

There will be player built cities and keeps that you can attack/capture.

Finally, although this is an "Age of Conan" forum, it is a wrong place to look for information. Go to AoC's forums: http://forums.ageofconan.com/
  • AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857
    I'd like to make a few amendments to the above statements.

First of all, there is _nothing_ known _for_sure_ at this moment. The game is not even in beta.

The game's been in Beta for a while, no players have been allowed in yet though, that will change very soon.

So here goes what I understand, not necessarily what will be in the game _for_sure_.

There will not be full loot. Developers spoken in not so clear words against full loot.

There will be a zone (Border Kingdoms) on all types of servers where pvp is FFA. There might be (I very much hope) dedicated FFA pvp servers as well... "if there is enough interest".

An FFA PvP server has been confirmed, and there are also other regions on "normal" servers with FFA other than the borderlands, not many, but they're there.

PvP works in tiers. I.e. if you attack someone below your tier level, then for the purpose of that fight they will be buffed up to your tier level. Heard talks about bounties and NPC bounty hunters.

Blood money is used to buy pvp rewards (like WoW's honor points/tokens).
    BM acts more like a different form of currency. Some merchants will be happy to deal with both normal cash and BM, but more often than not, they strictly deal in one or the other. Its used to purchase items and equipment off of the Hyborian version of the Black Market. When player A kills player B, a portion of player B's BM goes to Player A. If Player B does not have enough BM, a portion of B's regular currency is converted to BM and then transferred. If player A is an accomplished PvP master, and B a true noob at it, A's reward will be minimal, while B's would be huge if he managed to kill A instead. This ratio of reward is intended to create more of a challenge for the "uber" players, since people will have a major incentive to hunt them down.

There will be player built cities and keeps that you can attack/capture.

Finally, although this is an "Age of Conan" forum, it is a wrong place to look for information. Go to AoC's forums: http://forums.ageofconan.com/
    Another thing I'd like to mention, as mentioned, the endgame is focused on the sieging and defense of player built cities. If you are familiar with the MMO Shadowbane, that particular portion of AoC is highly similar to what is seen in SB. Of course, formation's actually mean something tactically here.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348
    To the OP: Check the FAQ on the main sight as well as some of the Friday Updates that have spoken more in depth into PvP. You can find them here;

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=7291

Your questions would take to long to thoroughly answer here. Suffice it to say, AoC PvP is gonna rock. ;)

• brusebruse Member Posts: 20
    Check out bymitra.com

It has the answers you seek, if you can manage a search button that is

Take my word for it, do not trust me!